In the last week I found out that the search results of the bing search on my Lumia, are getting considerably better.
    Shops, places, searches in my native language (Greek) or even local things and events written in english are way better
    and more relevant than before (almost as accurate as Google).

Do you see any improvements on bing search results in your country or is it just my imagination? :P
    gpobernardo likes this.
    03-14-2015 02:50 AM
    In the last week I found out that the search results of the bing search on my Lumia, are getting considerably better.
    Shops, places, searches in my native language (Greek) or even local things and events written in english are way better
    and more relevant than before (almost as accurate as Google).

Do you see any improvements on bing search results in your country or is it just my imagination? :P
    Improvements in search results are expected as back-end improvements are continually done on the servers of Bing (and Cortana). Even Google is continually improving their search results - otherwise we wouldn't be able to search about very recent topics.

As for my local experience with Bing, I'm getting more detailed results within the past few weeks (compared to the past months) relevant to my location - definitely an improvement, but still not complete. For example, I'm getting more results now in Bing for nearby restaurants than before, but still not as many as with Google.
    03-14-2015 03:26 AM
    Form India and I can attest to the fact that its getting better every month... Have been using Bing as my default search provider for almost 18 months and have noticed considerable improvements.. the problem lies in the fact that Bing has less user data to fallback on unlike Google wherein so many use the product and from so many years... so whatever means Bing is trying to provide results, its working and will keep getting better (hopefully :p )
    03-14-2015 04:38 AM
    Nope, local search result still same as ever.

Bing is made by USA and made for USA only.
    03-14-2015 05:28 AM
    Nope, local search result still same as ever.

Bing is made by USA and made for USA only.

Nope, I'm from Germany and Bing results are very good here. I don't use Google's engine from more than 2 year's now.
    03-14-2015 05:52 AM
    When I google myself using Google, results 3 and 4 refer to me.
    When I google myself using Bing (*), I first appear at result number 16.
    So I'm not impressed. And no, I don't see any improvement in the search results.

(*) is Bing the worst name for a product in the history of the world?
    03-22-2015 03:19 PM
    When I google myself using Google, results 3 and 4 refer to me.
    When I google myself using Bing (*), I first appear at result number 16.
    So I'm not impressed. And no, I don't see any improvement in the search results.

(*) is Bing the worst name for a product in the history of the world?
    I kinda like this name, it sounds nice :P
    (anyway I only refer to it as Bing on the internet, in the real world (phone) I refer to it as search)

On a side note, if you search ''translate'' in duckduckgo bing translator is +-30th on the list, while on bing search it is 2nd, and on google search is 4th!
    03-23-2015 02:58 AM