Was my Bing rewards account really cancelled or server issues?

chowder908

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
So recently I went to log into my bing rewards account and it tells me your account has been basically cancelled. I tried contacting the support team about this and everytime I submit a ticket I get a error saying they are having issues sending it to support. After that I go back to bing rewards and it tells me it's not available in my country. I'm hoping this is a server error because I have a lot of bing rewards credits. Because if my account was cancelled I can't get a hold of bing support because "Oops, we’ve encountered a temporary technical problem. We’re working on resolving this right away but in the meantime, please try again!"

AlliGe

May 16, 2014
Visit site
same thing happened to me when I went on this morning only they told me it was cancelled as follows:

Your Bing Rewards account has been closed because it doesn't conform to the Bing Rewards Terms of Use, which you accepted when joining.

Our research indicates that you or your Bing Rewards account has engaged in one or more violations of our Terms of Use, which may include, but aren't limited to:

Being under the minimum age requirement of 13 years old
Maintaining more than one (1) Bing Rewards accounts per person
Maintaining more than five (5) Bing Rewards accounts per household
Residing outside of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
Not providing accurate account information, including your true first and last name, mailing address, working phone number, and email address
Using a service intended to obfuscate or hide your true IP address or location
Using an automated process or service to participate or search, such as a bot, cheat code, macro, or spider
Searching without the good faith purpose of obtaining Bing search results, without manually entering text, or by other fraudulent means of any kind.

As a result, you've been disqualified from participating in Bing Rewards. If you don’t believe you violated the Terms of Use and think your account has been closed in error, contact Bing Rewards Support. We will consider your feedback, but the final assessment of compliance with our Terms of Use rests with Microsoft.

I have not violated ANY of the terms listed above.....waiting to hear back from customer support

kenjancef

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I got the EXACT SAME THING!!!! And I heard back from Customer Support:

Hi Kenneth,

This is Lee from Bing Rewards Customer Support assisting you with Support Request 1299143390 regarding your Rewards account.

We've looked into the circumstances that resulted in our previous conclusion and please know that this is within our rights under the Program's Terms of Use. We made the decision after careful consideration. We regret informing you that your Bing Rewards account will remain closed.

Sincerely,

Lee

The Bing Rewards Team - http://bing.com/rewards

But they WILL NOT tell me what happened. I only use my Bing account at work, I am an IT Tech for a school department. And I only browse the headline squares that they have, I don't even use it for searching (maybe THAT'S why they cancelled it! Lol...)

In any event, I'm a little upset, but if that's how they want to be, without even explaining, then stick a fork in them....

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thing is I did not and they wont get back to me which is very rude especially since their service is currently down in my area. I'm not a happy bunny.

Do you have multiple people in your household with Bing Rewards? My parents accounts were canceled too and I wonder if they are basing on the address and or phone number.

MMissionary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you have multiple people in your household with Bing Rewards? My parents accounts were canceled too and I wonder if they are basing on the address and or phone number.

Just my dad and his account is fine. No idea why they singled me out being I have a long record with Microsoft and friends there.

Kadcidxa

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I am so sad! My rewards account got closed today after 4 years of loyally using Bing. Last week I set Opera browser as my default browser. I did notice more CAPTCHA on Bing rewards when using Opera. It must have thought I was a bot. :cry:

MMissionary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I am so sad! My rewards account got closed today after 4 years of loyally using Bing. Last week I set Opera browser as my default browser. I did notice more CAPTCHA on Bing rewards when using Opera. It must have thought I was a bot. :cry:
Are you going to fight back against Bing or just forget the loyalty program?

Kadcidxa

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you going to fight back against Bing or just forget the loyalty program?

I am fighting it. I contacted Bing Rewards Support.

Your Bing Rewards account has been closed because Microsoft has determined that it has been operated in a way that does not comply with the Bing Rewards Terms of Use that you accepted when you joined.

Per the Bing Rewards Terms of Use (https://www.bing.com/rewards/TOU): "A Search is the act of an individual user manually entering text for the good faith purpose of obtaining Bing search results for such user's own research purposes and does not include any query entered by a bot, macro, or other automated or fraudulent means of any kind ("Search"). Microsoft in its sole discretion determines what constitutes a Search that qualifies for credits."

Our research indicates that your Bing Rewards account has engaged in one or more violations of our Terms of Use. As a result, you've been disqualified from participating in Bing Rewards.

I replied to the first email and got a second reply.

I can see that you wish to have your account re-instated. We would have to forward your request to our research department to re-evaluate the case. Rest assured that updates will be provided once we heard back from them. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Thank you for your participation in Bing Rewards.

Sincerely,

Hopefully they open it back. I never cheated before! I always used Bing as my primary search engine.

swollen_ostrich

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
This just happened to me on August 11th. The final result of my emails back and forth: "We are truly sorry but we cannot disclose the specific violation which caused your account's suspension."

I've been using the account the same way, almost everyday, for over 6 months now and even redeemed 4 awards! AND now I can't defend myself if it was closed for a bogus reason.

MMissionary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me on August 11th. The final result of my emails back and forth: "We are truly sorry but we cannot disclose the specific violation which caused your account's suspension."

I've been using the account the same way, almost everyday, for over 6 months now and even redeemed 4 awards! AND now I can't defend myself if it was closed for a bogus reason.
We should tell Windows central that this is an issue that should be addressed.

Ben_NC

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
OK.. I am about over this mess.

If 'I' get my Bing rewards revoked, then I'm gonna be stellar pissed.

MSFT needs to look into this NOW.

Talk about a 'Black-Eye' with the Astoria leak.. well, just continue cutting your dedicated users from your Bing service, and see what you get.

And to not have a true 'help' line, for anything MSFT is plain stupid.

Are you serious?! 'We can't tell you WHY.. it just IS". Oh. don't get me started.

MMissionary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
OK.. I am about over this mess.

If 'I' get my Bing rewards revoked, then I'm gonna be stellar pissed.

MSFT needs to look into this NOW.

Talk about a 'Black-Eye' with the Astoria leak.. well, just continue cutting your dedicated users from your Bing service, and see what you get.

And to not have a true 'help' line, for anything MSFT is plain stupid.

Are you serious?! 'We can't tell you WHY.. it just IS". Oh. don't get me started.
If we get Windows central and other sites to report on it I bet they'll stop. We should tell our former member Sam Sabri too.

JessicaBrad2

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Mine was closed today for no reason given. I've been using it about a year with no issue. I wrote them asking why but after looking here, I don't expect an explanation. Thank goodness I never kept a large amount in my acct. I always cashed out for 5.00 Amazon rewards when I could.

Oh well. I won't be using Bing anymore to do any searching.

MMissionary

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine was closed today for no reason given. I've been using it about a year with no issue. I wrote them asking why but after looking here, I don't expect an explanation. Thank goodness I never kept a large amount in my acct. I always cashed out for 5.00 Amazon rewards when I could.

Oh well. I won't be using Bing anymore to do any searching.

I'm sorry. Wish they'd changes their ways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb