Bing vs Google

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Bing has become a better search engine for me. I get the links whatever I want to even in desktop and on mobile. We often search for news or any official site which we may get the results on Bing as well as on Google. Do u guys think with windows 10 Microsoft can take Bing to gain 50% market share globally?

Will ppl like Cortana so much in their desktops and laptops? Or would treat it as a malware thing trying to disable it

I get results almost whatever I want from Bing. The place where Bing lacks it I can say fails sometimes is maps. Do u guys think Microsoft should buy here maps or foursquare to make Bing having a strong hold further in the market. Even though Microsoft IMO have improving their mapping system to a very good extent.

What are your opinions and suggestions? Do correct me if I'm wrong some where.

Dietrich Cleijne

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I always use Bing, and part of my job is searching for images and historical facts. I rarely use Google.

If Cortana becomes available in my native language i think i will use it more then i do now, because Cortana doesn't understand me when i use a Dutch name in an English sentence.

I really am surprised Microsoft didn't already buy Here-Maps.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
As this is more of an opinion thread, I moved it out of Q&A.

I've used Bing as my default search engine for a while, and the vast majority of the time, it provides me with what I'm looking for. I don't know if that will get it to 50% marketshare, but Bing powers the back end of Cortana and Siri, so it has some strategic partnerships going for it.

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
As this is more of an opinion thread, I moved it out of Q&A.

I've used Bing as my default search engine for a while, and the vast majority of the time, it provides me with what I'm looking for. I don't know if that will get it to 50% marketshare, but Bing powers the back end of Cortana and Siri, so it has some strategic partnerships going for it.

Me too. Bing is very good in my opinion for image searches .

Want Microsoft to make great partnerships with foursquare even though Bing maps are improving to a good extent

Partnership with instagram regarding image search where they can pull great image results.

pericle

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Bing, in the country where I live is practically useless. It's returns the most irrelevant search results. Google on the other hand returns very accurate results.

Bing is really not useful outside the US, so I highly doubt they will ever attain 50% market share worldwide.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Buy here maps, apple maps, foursquare whatever. All these maps combined still can't compete with Google maps. They just don't have the data.

I don't know if you are correct about Google maps data? You may be, considering Google's business is "data". That said, here is some interesting history. NAVTEQ (now owned by Nokia and renamed HERE Maps) was the long time leader in mapping with TeleAtlas (Now owned by TomTom) was in 2nd place. (See this 2007 article http://www.gpsmagazine.com/2007/07/tomtom_acquires_tele_atlas_for.php#.VYv6V0Yo4pA ). If you research NAVTEQ/HERE Maps and TeleAtlas/TomTom you will find they have wide ranging contracts and are used by major corporations. BING uses HERE for instance.

You just always hear about Google collecting data, from everyday common consumers.

Last edited:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I only use Bing because it's so well integrated with everything I use, and because Bing has more value attached to it in the form of Rewards, Cortana, and Bing Picture of the Day with information about the image. Plus I like Bing's search results and format better than Google's.

0000alex0000

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
But still, I can find all places I need with google maps, not here/bing maps. One interesting thing tho, although Bing maps uses here maps data, Bing maps has always been worse than here maps, like wrong locations, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett