This is going to suck

web99

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Having Instagram coming to BB10 is a great boost to their platform, as for many it is a "must have" app. MS needs to work on bringing it to Windows 8.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe many of you didn't follow the progression of bb10 before today, but this should be cleared...

% The BB10 instigram is not a BB specific/ built, its just the Android version working on a blackberry, the android apps was one of the features of the new OS for blackberry, they only need to take the free app from google play, do some modifications to the format and it will be working on BB.
So its not that bb10 is taking more apps than WP8 .. They are using the same large android app base.

sirfly2fly

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe many of you didn't follow the progression of bb10 before today, but this should be cleared...

% The BB10 instigram is not a BB specific/ built, its just the Android version working on a blackberry, the android apps was one of the features of the new OS for blackberry, they only need to take the free app from google play, do some modifications to the format and it will be working on BB.
So its not that bb10 is taking more apps than WP8 .. They are using the same large android app base.

It is not an android port lol, its already been compared with the android version, and apps written with the an android NDK won't work on BB10

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Built in video editor and 10 GB Box storage free : Amazing how a new OS can come out with features, but 2.5 years old OS can't even get "edit email before forwarding" or a proper pdf reader. Forget instagram, that is like asking for a moon.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
lol at instagram love. lol

it's not even that I am "obsessed" with instagram or anything, ive never even had a device capable of uploading to it, but it's what Blackberry getting it before us would stand for. it basically shows that WP either isn't trying or isn't even in the minds of developers. BB10 comes out after WP8 and already has more signature apps? that's all that the majority of consumers need to hear to forget about WP

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the BB10 OS is the UI; otherwise it's just simply a more capable OS at this point and the ability to easily port Android apps is a huge plus.

Elwe Feanorfin

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
If it doesn't work on the Playbook, that doesn't mean it won't work on BB10. I am most certain this is sideloaded app. Still, that is great.

The reason for not working is that the Android runtime in BB does not support native Android code; only java based apps work. Hence Instagram is not Android version. Also as many have pointed out, the Android version has a back button, whereas this one doesn't.

Cheers

Bobert_123

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
it's not even that I am "obsessed" with instagram or anything, ive never even had a device capable of uploading to it, but it's what Blackberry getting it before us would stand for. it basically shows that WP either isn't trying or isn't even in the minds of developers. BB10 comes out after WP8 and already has more signature apps? that's all that the majority of consumers need to hear to forget about WP
Yes but you guys have NETFLIX!!

Abhishekpandey

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
IMO no one will die if they fail to open Instagram on there phones, i also accept the fact that having a WP doesn't make us superior.
If i talk about how dangerous BB10 is to WP then i would wait until i get one in my hand.
Let's be honest if MS wants the customers they will make em, if they don't care enough customers will choose another platform sooner or later.
I have Androids, IOS devices and own WP7 & 8 , There have been times when i miss not being able to play certain games or have certain apps on my phone.
But that is what we have all felt on every platform we have been.
I think MS and WP8 and fairly new, they need time and certainly are capable of having any app ever published on any other OS.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I weep for humanity when I see people excited about a communication device. Tom Jasper needs to get laid. If that's not possible, Tom Jasper should ask Thorsten Heins if he wants a RIM job. If that's not possible, Tom Jasper should get a life. If that's not possibe, Tom Jasper should think about running full speed into an oncomming train. Tom Jasper: Troll Of Trolls....and a pathetic excuse for everything normal.

This useless thread need to be closed.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, if this doesn't get Microsoft off it's ass, nothing will.

I'm guardedly optimistic.

One of them has to succeed though and I'm not blindly loyal to Windows Phone. I want to see Windows Phone win, but if Blackberry is doing amazing things by the end of 2013 and Windows Phone is the same as it is now, there's a fair chance my next phone will be a Blackberry.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, if this doesn't get Microsoft off it's ass, nothing will.

I'm guardedly optimistic.

One of them has to succeed though and I'm not blindly loyal to Windows Phone. I want to see Windows Phone win, but if Blackberry is doing amazing things by the end of 2013 and Windows Phone is the same as it is now, there's a fair chance my next phone will be a Blackberry.

If I have to witness that scenario, I might as well buy I heart Justin Beiber t-shirt.
But, yes these are my exact thoughts too. 2010-2013 : if Windows Phone is at operating at the same pace, this marathon isn't running one, it's walking marathon.

Now that BB10 is touch screen one too, I will give BBM a whirl this Christmas. Please share you BBM pin if you do go ;)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I weep for humanity when I see people excited about a communication device. Tom Jasper needs to get laid. If that's not possible, Tom Jasper should ask Thorsten Heins if he wants a RIM job. If that's not possible, Tom Jasper should get a life. If that's not possibe, Tom Jasper should think about running full speed into an oncomming train. Tom Jasper: Troll Of Trolls....and a pathetic excuse for everything normal.

Sal, please don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Bobert_123

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Some ones looking to get banned lol

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster