Instagram on BB10

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I fail to see what makes instagram so great? I have several friends on iOS and they rarely if ever use it.... My wife and I never used it during our 8 month stent with iOS.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you fail to see the point in getting major app developers on board then there is no use attempting to appeal to reason with you.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't use it either but it seems to be one of those flavour of the month apps that validate an os in some/many peoples eyes. What I really don't understand is why Facebook / Instagram are so reluctant to be on the platform. I am sure MS and probably Nokia would happily pay to have the app developed for windows just to end the constant debate about it so I wonder what the hold up is. Still wouldn't use it but at least it would be an end to the matter.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
If this is on bb10 from the start, that's a direct shot at WP and really going to upset a lot of people. I don't use it, never used it, but judging from posts here, its very popular and very very much wanted.
So Instagram already said no plans at all for WP, yet could very well be on bb10 from its birth. Ouch! And that's and understatement. Seems very few have faith in WP

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't matter if you don't see what makes Instagram "so great", or if you're "meh" about it or not. What matters is the insanely large and loyal user base that DOES see what makes Instagram "so great". If you can't see the value of an app that has a huge user base, and the absence of it makes a platform an instant no-starter for them, than I wish you a good time at the upcoming joint WP/webOS user conference at your local McDonald's. :D

Seriously, folks, look past the trees and see the forest.

reckoner79

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It won't be enough to save BB, really $199 for a phone from a company that has become a laughing stock. The BB loyalists will buy them, but the masses won't, because BB is considered old, and outdated (no matter how modern BB10 is).

BB still thinks it's 2008 with that pricing.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
It won't be enough to save BB, really $199 for a phone from a company that has become a laughing stock. The BB loyalists will buy them, but the masses won't, because BB is considered old, and outdated (no matter how modern BB10 is).

huh? What's wrong with $199? That's normal subsidized pricing. Were you expecting heavily subsidized Windows Phone type, give away pricing?

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there scientific studies out there that suggest that by a "major" app coming to a phone company/community, automatically you get an uptick of "new" users?

Just curious.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

So please, why is it there's so much support and I'm seeing users buy it left right and centre? Sure, it's anecdotal evidence, but I've been reading that it's been selling out at a lot of places. We're seeing a repeat of the Nokia Lumia 920 launch here. Massive demand, not enough stock. I say good for BlackBerry (I nearly typed RIM then!) - heck, I even got mistaken for a rep/guru by one lass who was wanting two while in the O2 store! Imagine the awkwardness when I had to show I was a Nokia Lumia 920 owner!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there scientific studies out there that suggest that by a "major" app coming to a phone company/community, automatically you get an uptick of "new" users?

Not that I'm aware of. But there are documented instances - many documented instances - of potential WP users liking the OS and hardware, only to put it down and walk away when they discover it doesn't have Instagram.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think once companies reach a certain point it should be required to open to all os's so it will away with potential monopolies. I don't use instagram never will but I would like to see it as an option on wp. Its only fair to all companies. But I guess the world doesn't play like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo