BlackBerry thrown in the towel, puts company up for sale

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't see BlackBerry looking for a partner or buyer as them throwing in the towel and calling it quits. I see it as them trying to find an opportunity to bring the company and brand back into relevancy. At first I thought that Thorsten Heins and his new team would be a complete breath of fresh air. That appeared to be the case for a while but now it seems that the executive team and the board have absolutely no clue on how to run the company based on their actions. I think it is a smart move looking for a partner.

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Would you prefer "All types of weed are not legal in Canada?

"Not all types of weed are legal in Canada" would probably be better sentence structure :evil:

But seriously, I just don't see how BlackBerry can become relevant at this point in the game. Their biggest appeal was to the business sector but with MS getting their game together with WP I see that as an uphill battle for them. In the commercial market BB will suffer the same issues that MS is experiencing with a new OS (adoption issues, lack of app support, etc.) but to an even greater extent since they're arriving to the party even later. I see BB10 as finally catching up to iOS and Android, but I feel like they would've had to do something revolutionary to really draw people in and nothing I've seen indicates that.

MasterOfBinary

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft needs to put some money (like the did with NOKIA) on and use BB hardware with WP and BBM. Enterprise market share will go to roof

BB is losing a lot of their enterprise marketshare to iPhone. BB10 doesn't appeal to businesses nearly as well as older versions.

Too bad this headline is totally false and misleading .we have seen similar scenarios in many companies. don't count Blackberry out. They have a a lot going for them including 2.9 billion in cash. The BB10 software is superior and they just need to start licencing to has- beens like Nokia and Htc to get back in the race.

$3 billion sounds nice, but it doesn't go very far in a big business. Perhaps if they spent more money on good apps and stuff they would have less money but be in a much better position.

It would be nice if there weren't so much trash talk against them but hey we are Canadian and we are used to it. The British used us for Cannon fodder until they realized we were actually winning more battles than they were. the Canadians were much better in dday and especially dday plus 2 and 3 rescuing the United states bacon. But hey you will live to hear me say "I told You so"

I'm Canadian and I have no clue what you're talking about.

The one thing im hoping for, before BB is done , is to make a BBM version for WP... Not just for IOS and android. Wow just imagen having BBM here on your WP home screen...

They've said they would look at other platforms after iOS and Android, I'm sure it will come. I can't guarantee that it'll work well on any platform but BB, but hey...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro