Will BlackBerry succeed?

officially_juju

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
In 2013 I was set on it. I knew BB10 would eventually catch on and I held tightly to my Q10. The news kept coming and it wasn't good, though (This is why I switched to my WP8 device).
I just don't see it. As much as I'd like to, I don't see a turn-around for the company. Their new CEO was a great change but frankly should have been here a while ago before things got so bad.
Anyways, love my Lumia and don't see myself going back but what do you think the odds are?

ExBB

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Not good, in the Consumer Market anyways. I expect them to have two handsets, one touch, and one physical keyboard. Specifically for Business using the BB10 QNX OS and can be loaded for specific Enterprise requirements I am a Canadian BB user (work - Z30) (Personal - Lumia 1020-8.1)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I honestly believe BB is a drowning ship.. I couldn't quite understand what the hype was :p But basically they hit all the high notes way too early so now anything they do will just seem lackluster compared to what they were.. They need a fresh concept.. The smartest thing to do would be going straight to making phablets.. That's where the world will be heading anyways.. Or they could try to compete in the tablet market itself with a high-end product

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I hope they do, since more competition is always good for consumers, but realistically I doubt it.

I'm an ex-BlackBerry user. You probably wouldn't have known me from CrackBerry, since I was already here and using Windows Phone before you joined Mobile Nations. Long-time members might remember me as lak611 (my old handle before I started using my real name). I joined CrackBerry in June 2009.

I waited for almost a year while being out of contract and eligible for an upgrade. BB10 was "coming soon". I finally had enough waiting and chose the Nokia Lumia 900, since I had been a Nokia Symbian user prior to using BlackBerry. That was 2 years ago, and I do not see myself using anything other than Windows Phone at this point, especially now that 8.1 is available.

As a legacy BlackBerry user, I was completely perplexed by BB10. I played with the Z10 at the T-Mobile store in April 2013, and I could not figure out the gestures. It took me 10 minutes just to figure out how to open the browser. I'm not new to smartphones, but BB10's UI felt clunky and unintuitive to me. I can go to a store, pick up an Android or iPhone, and just start using it with no issues. I was at an AT&T store last Saturday, and I picked up a Samsung Galaxy S5, found the browser, looked up something, and installed an app using Google Play in around 1 minute.

Of all the current smartphone platforms, BlackBerry is the only one that is difficult for me to use. Yes, I'd probably learn it if I had to. However, I prefer using something that does not require reading a manual to figure out. I'd imagine many consumers feel the same way I do. That is why I think BlackBerry is not selling.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You know the new logo for Lumia should be "Just pick it up and play with for one hour. Guaranteed no going back" lol :p

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
As a consumer device, BlackBerry is not the name that rolls off people's tongues. As an enterprise device, it still has followers. Chen recently struck a deal with NantHealth, a leading health information system. They needed a secure platform and BB needed a partner to sell their devices. The Fed is all-in with BlackBerry as are many governments worldwide. Businesses need devices that work and make their employees productive. Motorola still sells the Windows Mobile 6.5-equipped ES400 to companies with strict logistical needs. Yes, I said WM6.5. In fact there are updates nearly every month for the firmware and the software bundles get updated with more regularity.

The legacy OS7 Bold 9900/9930 has been put back into production and there are new models coming with physical keyboards and the return of the send, end, menu & back buttons as well as the trackpad. They learned their lesson.

Thomas Ozawa

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
BlackBerry will be sell to a china company, like all the other company that don't have enough popularity, it will be the end of the BlackBerry company... (BlackBerry cost 4M$)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs