BLU Win HD LTE Bugs & Defects

ADCoy

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
re: BLU Win HD LTE Bugs & Defects

Thanks, I'll stick with mine for a while to see if my eyes can adjust. I might get a friend to test it for a few days to see how he gets on.
I've tried hard and soft reset which didn't improve either issue.

dontasciime

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

I've got 2 WIN HD LTE X150e phones and both have what must be a hardware fault*

Whilst playing games, e.g Overkill 3 the touchscreen just stops working. It does this on many games not just Game troopers developed ones.

Both phones are brand new & different colours

Tried with default OS and latest updated OS eg 8.xx (can't get W10 on this device in UK yet) but spotted a post where someone is using w10 and is facing the same issue with the touchscreen.

Both phones are probably going back to Amazon because BLU support is pretty bad in that you need to fill in long form just to get their attention and saying as these are not actually going in to BLU for a service when they are less than 1 month old and only out the box for a few hours after Christmas day

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've got 2 WIN HD LTE X150e phones and both have what must be a hardware fault*

Whilst playing games, e.g Overkill 3 the touchscreen just stops working. It does this on many games not just Game troopers developed ones.

Both phones are brand new & different colours

Tried with default OS and latest updated OS eg 8.xx (can't get W10 on this device in UK yet) but spotted a post where someone is using w10 and is facing the same issue with the touchscreen.

Both phones are probably going back to Amazon because BLU support is pretty bad in that you need to fill in long form just to get their attention and saying as these are not actually going in to BLU for a service when they are less than 1 month old and only out the box for a few hours after Christmas day
Oh no, that sucks. Amazon will be great with support.

My own BLU had a big issue of when I would launch the camera, the light(?) would get stuck, even when I have closed the camera. The only way to turn it off is to shut down the phone altogether.

Jeffsey500

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

It's not a bug. what you're experiencing is that it wont accept multiple key-presses at once. for example if you tried to type "baby" and kept your thumb just a little bit too long on the "b", it wouldn't accept the "a" input and you would just have "bby." If you're coming from an android phone its a hard habit to break because they did accept multiple inputs, I'm assuming because they did testing that showed most people weren't that precise about their texting.

It's weird because this was never an issue on my Blu Win HD (not LTE) running WP8.1 Update 1. It seems to me the input is being received (the click noise and the letter pop up shows), but the software keyboard is either lagging or having trouble with the screen still picking up the other hand. I've had to resort to typing slowly, using one hand or using word flow/swipe all the time.

Hopefully it will be fixed with Win 10.

Jeffsey500

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have issues with the battery gauge being wonky? My battery % sometimes goes down a lot while charging and using at the same time. And it has also gone up 20% after unplugging from the charger too. Battery life definitely feels shorter than my previous Blu Win HD (non-LTE).

Phone is only a few days old, I'll give it a few more days for the battery gauge to calibrate. Otherwise it'll have to go back to the store.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Have you done a clean setup or did you restore a backup from a previous device? I prefer clean setup and never restore from a another phone.

I've not had battery issues.

Also, I put a Tempered Glass screen protector on mine pretty soon after I got it and it seemed to smooth out a bit of screen quirkiness I saw at start. I don't recall any keyboard lag, but there were some small scrolling issues that this solved.

Jeffsey500

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Clean set up, twice now too just in case. Same problems. Used the OEM provided protector. I might make the trip to the store today. Kind of wish it wasn't clear across town... :p

T_in_G

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello, my first post here. Just registered because I finally found some discussion of BLU phones here.

I got a Win HD LTE about 2 weeks ago from Amazon (Germany). It's done qute a bit of rebooting over the first days in use. One day I noticed it wasn't on the wifi network although it should have been. When I tested it, it would stubbornly refuse to connect to the 2 known wifi networks in the house, although it displayed the networks and already had the WPA2 key in store. It would always tell me (in German) that connecting was not possible. Restarts or hard resets (including data loss) would not fix it. I thought the wifi was defective, but it connected to 2 other wifi networks later fine, and stuck to it. Maybe one of those countless reboots fixed it. I didn't have any chance yet to retry the first two networks.

What really annoys me atm is that the "Highest connection speed" setting seems to be missing. AFAIK, it should be under "Mobile & SIM" > SIM1/SIM2. At least I've seen some descriptions of Lumias with the setting there. But it isn't there on this phone.

Did BLU remove that setting?

I can't get why they would do that. That would make the phone practically useless for me, as I have a lousy 4G connection (that the phone sticks to) at home, where I would like to force it into 3G, and even both very bad to non-existing 3G+4G connection at work, where I would like to force it into 2G mode. I have done the latter with my phones for years at work, because it is the only way to make them work reasonably as a *phone* there.

If BLU removed the "Highest connection speed" setting, is there any other way to get there?
Or is there hope to get it back with WP 10?

BTW: The wifi connection on this phone isn't very good, either.

Last edited:

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Not really a bug or defect per se but this looked like the best place to put this observation.

It appears from my experience that this phone has very poor GPS performance for turn-by-turn navigation, people who read this forum know that I've complained about it quite a lot.

So far I've tried three navigation programs - Waze, which is poorly supported and barely works, but is excellent, MapQuest, which I have had good experience with in the past but do not know about W phone support, and Here Drive. It seems like the GPS Tracking is substantially better with Here Drive than any of the other navigation programs.

Also - I don't know where Here gets its information, but I've been running Waze on my work Android phone and Here side-by-side during my commutes and it looks as if Here's traffic information is very good. Better than I expected. No details - like where an accident is or where there is a car on the side of the road or that kind of detail, but information on where traffic is slowed looks to be good.

Are there any other navigation programs that anyone recommends?

Last edited:

Jeffsey500

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Clean set up, twice now too just in case. Same problems. Used the OEM provided protector. I might make the trip to the store today. Kind of wish it wasn't clear across town... :p

Well.... The store staff talked me into trying another one.... This one won't even turn on. Just a battery icon with a question mark. I'm done with Blu. 3/3 defective now.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Currently it is owned by a consortium of Audi, BMW and Daimler. They must have a robust level of satellite access I would imagine.
LOL no wonder HERE worked so well when I was in Germany last year. :) It was perfect, we constantly used it to navigate in the streets of Hamburg.

Ankush V1

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

Hi I purchased this phone in October 2015 , the phone is quite good , but the only thing that prevents me fro musing it as a daily driver is the very unstable wifi and very low ringer volume . Also the inability to choose in between network types , i.e. 2g,3g4g .

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Is there some sort of advantage selecting the data speed over letting the phone use the fastest available? I'm just curious what your use case is for choosing 3g or 2g over 4g or LTE?

Ankush V1

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

My network provider is on 2g only and hence when no ' select network speed ' option is available then , the phone constantly searches for 4g-->3g-->2g in that order thereby wasting battery . If I could select 2g only , less battery is wasted .

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

Now it makes sense. I just couldn't think of why that would be important. I'm old enough to remember phones that were dual analog and digital. You could always tell when you were on an analog tower, because battery life was cut drastically. Switching to digital only when possible was a way to increase battery life.

rrvenki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

I bought via Amazon.in by end Oct 2015. The battery was fine earlier. Now (Jan/Feb 2016) i'm seeing
1. It is never getting full charged.
2. It looses charge very fast.
3. If the charge is below 15-20%, restart the phone, it will show 80% charge and work after that for over 5 hours without showing any discharge but phone starts misbehaving like not receiving calls etc. After that restarting will show almost negligible charge and keeps restarting.
4. If the charge is just over 20% and I plug it for charging, in about 5 minutes it will restart automatically.
5. These days every restart takes quite long time for the phone to be usable.
6. Speakers... From day one it was bad. Never turn on to speaker mode. It will shout as if the speaker paper is torn inside.

In India how do I get any service. I live in New Delhi. :unhappysweat:

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

I bought via Amazon.in by end Oct 2015. The battery was fine earlier. Now (Jan/Feb 2016) i'm seeing
1. It is never getting full charged.
2. It looses charge very fast.
3. If the charge is below 15-20%, restart the phone, it will show 80% charge and work after that for over 5 hours without showing any discharge but phone starts misbehaving like not receiving calls etc. After that restarting will show almost negligible charge and keeps restarting.
4. If the charge is just over 20% and I plug it for charging, in about 5 minutes it will restart automatically.
5. These days every restart takes quite long time for the phone to be usable.
6. Speakers... From day one it was bad. Never turn on to speaker mode. It will shout as if the speaker paper is torn inside.

In India how do I get any service. I live in New Delhi. :unhappysweat:

hey hi there

I am from Mumbai ...I too have the same model which I brought frm amazon
the indian variant of blu win hd lte does not have a standard charger frm blu....instead amazon has repackaged a local brand "remax" charger which charges at 1amp

I would suggest you to get a decent charger from blu by contacting at their service centers find their helpline number at the link they are promoting heavily ablut their service centers in india....also since blu is new to india just few months old so it takes time to setup after sales service in such a big country...https://twitter.com/bluproducts_ind

I would suggest you to buy another decent charger frm the market which charges at 2amp...it should solve ua problem...trust me I am using my xperia charger it charges at 2amp and since then I have no issues so my advice would be get a new charge

now back to speakers....idk what u talking bout....but the speakers of blu win hd lte are not loud enuf..for indoors its ok...but if u want to use them outdoors forget it....use the headset provided...

if u have some serious problems with the speakers call the blu center maybe u will get ua device replaced since it is under warranty...
but for charging issues no need to contact blu just get a new charger like I said above..

ps:: follow the link to get details of service centers of blu in india and their helpline number

rrvenki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

Hi,
1. I Hard Reset the phone as you suggested expecting to solve the battery issue. No success. It only took several hours to restore the previous state. I once again did hard reset to make a clean slate installation. Still no success. Again went back to my restore.
2. About charger. I have 2 AMP charger and no use. Phone discharges more faster than charging so goes into restarting faster.
3. Speakers. Does not matter indoor or outdoor. The speakers are choppy...worse than 1000Rupees Nokia/Samsung phones. This problem is since I purchased.
4. I managed to get a call center number for BLU support. He asked me to call 011-42058035. That number is always busy and so never reachable. They don't have any service center in Connaught place, New Delhi. I cannot go out of office to get it serviced. I would rather buy another better phone (Not BLU) online than servicing it.

RV

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

Hi,
1. I Hard Reset the phone as you suggested expecting to solve the battery issue. No success. It only took several hours to restore the previous state. I once again did hard reset to make a clean slate installation. Still no success. Again went back to my restore.
2. About charger. I have 2 AMP charger and no use. Phone discharges more faster than charging so goes into restarting faster.
3. Speakers. Does not matter indoor or outdoor. The speakers are choppy...worse than 1000Rupees Nokia/Samsung phones. This problem is since I purchased.
4. I managed to get a call center number for BLU support. He asked me to call 011-42058035. That number is always busy and so never reachable. They don't have any service center in Connaught place, New Delhi. I cannot go out of office to get it serviced. I would rather buy another better phone (Not BLU) online than servicing it.

RV
this is so bizarre ....u could have googled the service centers.......I even gave ua link.....y u being so impatient? before purchasing the phone dint u knew that blu is a new brand in india?? obviously it will take time for them to set up service centers in such a big country....

anyways here is a complete list of all the service centers available for blu win hd lte and blu win jr lte in india....MIND YOU THIS IS AN OLD LIST NOW THE TOTAL SERVICE CENTERS HAVE CROSSED 100 FOR DETAILED INFO CONTACT BLU INDIA TWITTER HANDLE...
Snapdeal Promotions

nw since ua in Connaught place the nearest center for u is in Nehru place which is some 12.5 kms away...I guess it will take juzt 30-40 min if u drive there on ua own and yes it also depends on ua vehicle number (even odd rule haha)...and if you go by metro it will just take you 31 min ....uas is just a minor problem....u will either get it replaced or they might repair it free of charge....

also if you tweet blu india about ua problem they will call you back....anyways....not that I have given u the list of service centers so no need to worry
....MIND YOU THIS IS AN OLD LIST NOW THE TOTAL SERVICE CENTERS HAVE CROSSED 100 OR DETAILED INFO CONTACT BLU INDIA TWITTER HANDLE...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05