Hi guys,

I'm new so bare with me.

I have this BLU Win HD LTE. I am about to send it in for warranty service (only had it for ~2 months).

It has these kinda streaks on the screen, especially noticeable on the grey parts (say when you are dialing a number), that seem to emanate from numbers or letters or brighter objects.Not really noticeable on low brightness but definitely there on medium and high.
    You can sort of see it here:

I contacted BLU and they got me to do a hard reset, so I did that, and they mystery streaks are still there!

Now, is this a thing to do with Windows and should i wait to see if Windows phone 10 fixes it, or is this a bunk screen and should I bite the bullet and send it off?
    69kfxnk.jpg

Other than this I am quite happy with this phone.

Thanks in advance!
    -C
    06-23-2015 04:49 PM
    Looks like a defective display. I suggest sending it in. Good luck and WELCOME!
    sandattack likes this.
    06-23-2015 05:03 PM
    Thanks!
    I'll send it in. Unfortunately they make you pay shipping both ways >:( That's pretty cheesy!
    06-23-2015 05:11 PM
    If you bought it at a Microsoft store, I'd try taking it there and see if they will help you. They have been great to me in the past on things like this and may swap it out for a new one.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-23-2015 10:57 PM
    If you bought it at a Microsoft store, I'd try taking it there and see if they will help you. They have been great to me in the past on things like this and may swap it out for a new one.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Any retailer should exchange or repair for a physical defect so soon after the purchase.
    Philip Hamm likes this.
    06-24-2015 10:24 AM
    Hi guys,

I'm new so bare with me.

I have this BLU Win HD LTE. I am about to send it in for warranty service (only had it for ~2 months).

It has these kinda streaks on the screen, especially noticeable on the grey parts (say when you are dialing a number), that seem to emanate from numbers or letters or brighter objects.Not really noticeable on low brightness but definitely there on medium and high.
    You can sort of see it here:

I contacted BLU and they got me to do a hard reset, so I did that, and they mystery streaks are still there!

Now, is this a thing to do with Windows and should i wait to see if Windows phone 10 fixes it, or is this a bunk screen and should I bite the bullet and send it off?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69KfxNk.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	515.8 KB 
ID:	106968

Other than this I am quite happy with this phone.

Thanks in advance!
    -C
    I am having this same problem. What was the resolution for you? Did you get it replaced?
    08-04-2015 07:50 AM
    Same issue here. Never noticed it, not really worried about it since it only happens when I crank the setting to high. Probably an artifact of the screen. I remember a few artifacts similar to this with my 635.
    08-04-2015 08:24 AM
    Late late reply, but yes they replaced it (took 2 months).

Annnd... the new screen had similar issues a few months later.

Anyways, the BLU fell down the stairs and smashed so not to worry any more
    03-16-2016 10:53 AM
    ...the BLU fell down the stairs and smashed so not to worry any more

1326219353_cat_pushes_friend_down_stairs.jpg
    03-16-2016 12:03 PM
    Funny! I'm now planning on picking up a Blu Vivo 5. Just can't seem to spend $700 on a device anymore. That way I can play in Android & WM10 (eventually)...
    03-16-2016 12:52 PM
    That way I can play in Android...
    I'm waiting on a tried and true Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi in 32GB so I can dabble at some 'droid and keep my hand in. Went really cheap, relatively. Nice looking unit off Swappa for $100. I had an N7 1st gen that gave good service.
    tgp and dorelse like this.
    03-16-2016 04:13 PM