Automatic Screen Brightness

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a BLU WIN HD with the BLU WIN HD LTE on order.. It should arrive sometimes...

What I wanted to find out is , does the automatic screen brightness work now? On the Blu win HD it never seemed to adjust regardless of the lighting :/

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had one of the 1st gen so I know what you mean... I have one of the LTEs on order so I know what you mean.

On order, let me guess: Orange from B&H?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had one of the 1st gen so I know what you mean... I have one of the LTEs on order so I know what you mean.

On order, let me guess: Orange from B&H?

Guess we will see what happens when we get them lol. I am a bit concerned about the "keyboard" issue people are talking about.

I do not know what B&H is :( Mine is a yellow from the Microsoft store when they had sale on Wednesday. for 130$, I could not say no. It was a tough choice between the yellow and the grey :(

Was also a tough choice between the Win HD LTE and 640.

But I think the Win HD LTE is a better bang for the buck.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
But I think the Win HD LTE is a better bang for the buck.
I agree, particularly because the Win HD LTE has 64 bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chip instead of the 32 bit 400 chip.

So I haven't noticed a problem with the automatic brightness. My previous phone was a Lumia 635 so I had no automatic brightness option. My previous phone with auto brightness was a T-Mobile G-2 Gingerbread phone and it never worked right on that phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm moving back to Blu as a backup to my 1520. I just sold an ATT branded 830. The Win HD LTE outdoes the SoC in that. And ATT is playing games with the updates. RM-983 doesn't even have full Denim, let alone Update 2 like Blu will have and Blu is guaranteeing Win 10 Mo.

If I can't get updated/upgraded on the RM-983 Lumia 830, there is no point in it for me. Without update the camera is beautiful, but I already have that on 1520 so...

I agree, Blu gives very solid value for the money. I don't think the community here fully realizes they are a nice alternative.

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do not know what B&H is :( Mine is a yellow from the Microsoft store when they had sale on Wednesday. for 130$, I could not say no. It was a tough choice between the yellow and the grey :(

The reason I didn't get the deal from Microsoft Store is no orange. The orange that Blu uses is very cool. I almost got yellow, but my Beastly Unicorn is yellow.

B&H is an awesome supplier of Factory Unlocked handsets in the US and they ship to Canada hassle free.

Smartphones | B&H Photo Video

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm moving back to Blu as a backup to my 1520. I just sold an ATT branded 830. The Win HD outdoes the SoC in that. And ATT is playing games with the updates. RM-983 doesn't even have full Denim, let alone Update 2 like Blu will have and Blu is guaranteeing Win 10 Mo.

If I can't get updated/upgraded on the RM-983 Lumia 830, there is no point in it for me. Without update the camera is beautiful, but I already have that on 1520 so...

I agree, Blu gives very solid value for the money. I don't think the community here fully realizes they are a nice alternative.

I bought the Blu to hold me out until Windows 10 Flagship. My Blu Win HD has gotten pretty bang up and with the sale, I could not say no.

And yes, people are underestimating BLU because it is not a "Lumia". Hopefully, BLU can infiltrate the market pretty well. They seem to be committed (Probably saw the opportunity and grasped it). I personally hope they do well!

The only thing I miss from Lumia is the glance screen :(

Oh and My Win HD was tough as a *beep*. This phone fell from all different heights and all different surfaces in all different ways and it is still going..... Much more than I can say for my two busted 920's and 1020 (busted.. changed the screen.. busted again) ...

I hope the Win HD LTE is just as tough!

I am really excited for the lighting capacitive button on the LTE. Though I read somewhere that they light up, but do no vibrate/haptic feedback . Can anyone confirm?

The reason I didn't get the deal from Microsoft Store is no orange. The orange that Blu uses is very cool. I almost got yellow, but my Beastly Unicorn is yellow.

B&H is an awesome supplier of Factory Unlocked handsets in the US and they ship to Canada hassle free.

Smartphones | B&H Photo Video

My Blu Win HD is orange. So I got the yellow .

I'm not from Canada or the US. But thanks for the website :)

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I picked up my blu win hd lte today. I haven't even begun to properly even use the phone yet but straight off the bat I notice:

It's quicker than the Blu Win hd.
Resolution is better
Screen is better
camera is better ( front and back)

Initial impressions: I'm impressed!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
TY for the quick update.

Mine arrives tomorrow. Can't wait. I had to switch from orange which is still not in stock to Yellow. Daddy needs a new phone.

I've had a couple of Lumia phones with that SD 400 SoC and I'm geeked to try the 410.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Wifi - I have both phones next to each other. The Win hd is getting 4-5 bars. The lte is only getting 1 bar.

however, speedtest results are the same and the lte is loading web pages faster. Strange.

Audio - Disappointing on the LTE. it is lower than that of the volume on the HD :(

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I read the posts about the keyboard missing keys and thought it was BS. but apparently it's true. Have not even been using the phone fully for the last 48 hours and I have already noticed how much the keyboard is missing key strokes. Even when I try to slow down my typing, it's still bad :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire