Blu win hd lte network mode issues

Nikhil Bhargav

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
hi,
im from india and i just purchased a blu win hd lte in india. the phone is awesome.but i have one major query and a problem.
The phone is always on lte and the mobile and sim settings do not show the option to change to 3g only or 2g only which is there in gdr2 update! any ideas?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Again... I see no way to force 3G. Which is what it seems you are asking for. No method presents itself on my phone to do what you are asking about no matter how you state it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What you want and need is Field Test Menu to truly accomplish your goal...

That is missing on the BLU and it seems to be a growing trend on Windows Phone 8.1 that phones do not access that higher function.

I'm really not sure if Win 10 Mo will cure this. You could try some reading in the Insider Preview forum.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Funny. I was just about to make a post about this.
"4G" in my country sucks and therefore, it drains my by battery really quickly.

Would really have liked to force the phone to use edge only. Previous BLU had this :(

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same problem I have been struggling with since last evening. Last evening, got my new Win HD LTE phone and really liked the phone. But very much puzzled with the missing option of selecting 2G/3G/LTE

I generally keep my mobiles most of the time in 2G (or EDGE) and change it to 3G only when I need high speed internet.

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Contacted the customer service in India, but they do not know the solution to this problem. They will probably contact their US counterparts and get back to me in 1 week.!!!

Raja23

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm from India, I bought this phone, since it is made in U.S and not a cheap chinese phone. But I saw that it has both sims as 4g and unfortunately, I'm using both airtel sims. So, I decided to explore this phone a bit and found out, that we can change one sim to 2g/3g and another sim to only 3g/4g. All we have to do is, go to network settings and manually select the operator(default will be automatic). When we manually search for the operator, we can select 2g/3g in one sim and 3g/4g in another sim. I have not tried this setting using only one sim.

Aditya Kaushik1

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm from India, I bought this phone, since it is made in U.S and not a cheap chinese phone. But I saw that it has both sims as 4g and unfortunately, I'm using both airtel sims. So, I decided to explore this phone a bit and found out, that we can change one sim to 2g/3g and another sim to only 3g/4g. All we have to do is, go to network settings and manually select the operator(default will be automatic). When we manually search for the operator, we can select 2g/3g in one sim and 3g/4g in another sim. I have not tried this setting using only one sim.

This solution has worked for me.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I'm just researching Blu's phone...but, can't you just go into the Cellular+SIM -> SIM settings, and just set it to 3G only? Granted, I'm coming from an 8XT on Sprint, but I can go in and completely turn off 4G LTE and only use 3G if I'd like. (And I do this in low signal areas all the time to save battery)

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
How can manufacturers disable such options? MS should not allow this.
I am missing this feature so badly. I bought Blu Win HD LTE two months ago but did not expect this. Now switched to Vodafone 4G (India) and am afraid it will drain my battery if went to places where 4G signal is weak but present (like 1 bar). So the phone will continuously switch between 3g and 4g draining the battery.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I'll have to check my Blu but under Network -> Sim Settings I can choose the cellular network I want on my Alcatel (W10 though). LTE, 4G, 3G only, or 2G =/ Maybe its somewhere similar if available?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos