Hi,

I'm an android user previously using Samsung galaxy Note 2. Recently I purchased this phone and want to know, which app I can use to transfer the contacts and sms from my note2. I couldn't find any app from the store to do this.

Please help!!!!
    09-08-2015 06:06 AM
    09-08-2015 08:09 AM
    Bluetooth?
    Philip Hamm likes this.
    09-08-2015 09:39 AM
    I'm not able to install it, since it says, this app is not available for my phone. Can I download the app and install it manually? if so, can I install it directly from my memory card or phones internal memory?
    09-09-2015 03:04 AM
    You should be able to move contacts using Bluetooth, and the OS shouldn't matter.
    09-09-2015 10:24 AM
    I just transfered contacts off 2 dumb phones to 2 Lumia 635s for my in-laws. Each contact needs to be handed over separately. Time consuming, but it worked.
    09-09-2015 02:20 PM
    I just transfered contacts off 2 dumb phones to 2 Lumia 635s for my in-laws. Each contact needs to be handed over separately. Time consuming, but it worked.
    I'm pretty sure there's a way to do every contact in the phone as one mass bulk upload on Bluetooth. I don't know what it is though. When I got my 635 the people at the T-Mobile store did this to move my contacts from my old Gingerbread Android HTC G2 to my new Lumia 635.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-10-2015 09:50 AM
    If you're contacts are all included as Google contacts it should be as easy as adding your associated Gmail account into your list of Accounts on your windows phone. You can also import them through any web browser. From Bing.com Login to your Microsoft account you created or had when setting up your Windows Phone (live, outlook, etc.). Hover 'Office Online' at top of screen and select 'People'. Select 'Start Import' and then choose the account type and enter your Gmail or other account service containing all your contacts. The People tile will update to include all added contacts.
    09-10-2015 10:06 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. Can I remove or unlink my gmail account from the phone after importing the contacts? Since I don't want to use my gmail on this phone.
    09-10-2015 11:59 PM
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. Can I remove or unlink my gmail account from the phone after importing the contacts? Since I don't want to use my gmail on this phone.
    You are going to be much better off doing this via PC browser: import google contacts to outlook - Bing
    Philip Hamm likes this.
    09-11-2015 10:32 AM
    Hi,

I'm an android user previously using Samsung galaxy Note 2. Recently I purchased this phone and want to know, which app I can use to transfer the contacts and sms from my note2. I couldn't find any app from the store to do this.

Please help!!!!
    Install switch to windows phone on your Android phone from Google playstore

Install switch to windows phone on your windows phone.

Run app on your Android select Wi-Fi option in the app note down Wi-Fi name and password

On windows phone goto Wi-Fi and connect to Wi-Fi

Run app on windows phone follow onscreen instructions
    You should be able to transfer contacts messages photos videos
    10-23-2015 04:19 PM
    Hi,

Yes you can actually unlink your Gmail after the transfer. Just go to Emails and Accounts and remove Gmail.
    10-23-2015 04:38 PM
    Yes you can actually unlink your Gmail after the transfer. Just go to Emails and Accounts and remove Gmail.
    Hi,

Removing gmail account will remove contacts from phone.

Why don't you go to outlook.com select people and link your Google account there it sync your Google contacts with Microsoft that way you do not have to add Google account on your phone.
    10-23-2015 04:54 PM
    Oh. Didn't think of that.
    10-24-2015 02:00 AM
    hi Raja,
    Did you get any method to work? My android is a ginger-bread version and i am unable to install "Switch to Windows phone" App; "Transfer My Data" windows app isnt supported for blu Win HD phone; Transfering contacts over blue-tooth transfers only one or two contacts!
    Could anyone help with this issue?

thanks in advance,
    Priya
    10-25-2015 09:40 AM
    Use "contacts+message backup"
    Steps:
    1. Download the above app from store (it will appear at last in you "settings").

2. Take a backup on your android phone (export contacts to SD card).

3. Copy the backup file to your windows phone in folder "backup+restore" > "contactsBackup" (automatically created) on you SD card/phone storage. Create the path if not automatically created by the app you downloaded.

4. Open settings, go to contacts+message backup and tap restore. Select the backup file you just created and you are done.

All these contacts will now also be backup on you Microsoft account that you use as primary on this phone.
    10-27-2015 05:39 AM