BLU WIN HD LTE - Weird Charging Issue (charging but percent decreases), can I get some help?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: BLU WIN HD LTE - Weird Charging Issue (charging but percent decreases)

Wow man, I'm sorry I started this. I had no idea it would be so difficult. On the surface it looks like just peeling the label off would do it. With everything under that label it would be more of a warning to just leave the label off so someone would see all the Torx and straps and stuff.

On Amazon the item I linked says the product may vary from the picture and I kind of thought it would.

The battery that is a replacement should come with a ribbon cable ready to plug in. That's what other batteries of that class look like when I've seen them. Check against this BLU Vivo battery: BAT- BLU VIVO 4.65 INTERNAL BATTERY - Blu Phone Parts

ITs all good. Don't worry about it ;)

On the positive side, "reseating" the battery has seemed to have solved the problem!. My phone is no longer "losing" charge.

For those who are up to it and don't want to ship back their phone, give it a whirl.

P.s. Your warranty will become void

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I found that mine charges to 100%, but does not maintain the charge while it is plugged in (although it states that it is 100% charged and the green light is on).

As soon as I start to use the phone, the % would rapidly decrease, even if the charger was still plugged in, where it would reach about 90% before the % begins to increase again.

When charging overnight, if I remove the phone from the charger in the morning and switch the phone off and on, it resets the charge % from 100% to the actual amount of charge (usually 85-90%). From there I just plug the charger back in and let it go back to 100%.

aluti

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I had this exact same issue. I purchased mine from the Microsoft Store3 months ago and I was able to go back to them and have them replace it no questions asked.

Jeffsey500

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I just returned mine today to the Microsoft Store. The replacement seems fine so far (but its only 12 hrs old). I was hoping for a different manufacturing run but all they had were from the same run.

Jeffsey500

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Replacement working better, but charging percent does go down if I use the phone extensively while connected to a charger. That said, if the phone says it dropped say 20%, the battery guage seems to stay at that percentage for several hours afterwards and sometimes even rise a little again. My guess is a glitch in the battery gauge.

decider

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
I have same phone and it was not too bad while it worked but then it got the battery issue just as you describe. I could leave it charge all night and get up next day to find that battery is down to 0%. I would restart the phone and when it came back up, it then would show 100% charge but shortly start going down until it gets down to may 3 to 5 % and then would restart. I don't use that phone at all anymore, replaced it with a Lumia 640 which has been a great phone thus far.

Anush Venkataraman

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
ohh i got this issue yesterday ... I'm in India and don't have any service centers for BLU here...
ordered a new battery online and planning to replace.
will it solve ? :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ohh i got this issue yesterday ... I'm in India and don't have any service centers for BLU here...
ordered a new battery online and planning to replace.
will it solve ? :)

Please read back. Posts #19 and #21 show what is involved in pulling the battery and the user reported that simply "reseating" the battery (reset the connector) solved his issue. YMMV

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site

ITs all good. Don't worry about it ;)

On the positive side, "reseating" the battery has seemed to have solved the problem!. My phone is no longer "losing" charge.

For those who are up to it and don't want to ship back their phone, give it a whirl.

P.s. Your warranty will become void

It's mandatory to remove the layer if I have to take off all the back?? I want to try that cause I live in south America, and a can't simply ask for a change without wasting a lot of time

THX for sharing your information!!!!

Captain Fancypants

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I read this thread when I first got my phone, then several months later I had this weird charging issue, and my battery was draining rapidly.

Turns out for me it was because, for the first time, I changed my email sync settings to 'as items arrive'. Apparently this can drain battery due to some Microsoft Exchange Server issue whatever that means. Obviously someone has screwed up somewhere and thus this feature is practically unusable. Hope this helps! :amaze:

El_Tazar

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Same battery charging problem here. But on top also fails the customer service (just told me the link to the user manual...).
Looks like the phone goes back to amazon and I will buy no BLU product ever again. Poor service can ruin a lot...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same battery charging problem here. But on top also fails the customer service (just told me the link to the user manual...).
Looks like the phone goes back to amazon and I will buy no BLU product ever again. Poor service can ruin a lot...

Have you tried the Exchange Server fix as shown above???

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello Anush.... fyi brother https://twitter.com/bluproducts_ind

follow the link they promoting heavily about their service centers in india also ....since blu is new to india just few months old...so it will take time to set up service centers in india....

the blu win hd lte variant in india comes without a standard charger ....instead amazon has packed a china made "remax charger" which charges at 1 amp ....so I would suggest you to replace your charger and buy a new charger by contacting blu in india or get a decent charger which charges at 2 amp

dnt jump directly to battery replacement....change you charger first...contact blu centers explain your situation....
maybe you will get it replaced since its under warranty....

rrvenki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

Hi, I have the same problem you have. I live in Gurgaon and work in Connaught place, New Delhi. Please tell me how to contact BLU to get it serviced or replaced. I purchased the phone during end Oct 2015 in amazon.in

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
this is so bizarre ....u could have googled the service centers.......I even gave ua link.....y u being so impatient? before purchasing the phone dint u knew that blu is a new brand in india?? obviously it will take time for them to set up service centers in such a big country....

anyways here is a complete list of all the service centers available for blu win hd lte and blu win jr lte in india....MIND YOU THIS IS AN OLD LIST NOW THE TOTAL SERVICE CENTERS HAVE CROSSED 100 FOR DETAILED INFO CONTACT BLU INDIA TWITTER HANDLE...
Snapdeal Promotions

nw since ua in Connaught place the nearest center for u is in Nehru place which is some 12.5 kms away...I guess it will take juzt 30-40 min if u drive there on ua own and yes it also depends on ua vehicle number (even odd rule haha)...and if you go by metro it will just take you 31 min ....uas is just a minor problem....u will either get it replaced or they might repair it free of charge....

also if you tweet blu india about ua problem they will call you back....anyways....not that I have given u the list of service centers so no need to worry
....MIND YOU THIS IS AN OLD LIST NOW THE TOTAL SERVICE CENTERS HAVE CROSSED 100 FOR DETAILED INFO CONTACT BLU INDIA TWITTER HANDLE...

Devilreaper

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey. My unit started having this problem about 5 hours ago. I tried soft reset but didn't work. So I lost hope and left my phone in the charger. After hitting 0 while charging, it started to climb. Mine is the indian variant and I'm running windows 8.1 update 2. Hope this helps.

EDIT : I charged it overnight and it is at 100% now. That issue is gone as of now. I'll update this after some days of usage.

EDIT 2 : The issue came back again. Restarting the phone shows increased battery percentage but the battery life sucks.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss