05-28-2017 01:24 PM
104 12345
tools
    ITs all good. Don't worry about it ;)

On the positive side, "reseating" the battery has seemed to have solved the problem!. My phone is no longer "losing" charge.

For those who are up to it and don't want to ship back their phone, give it a whirl.

P.s. Your warranty will become void

Hello, small request :-)
    running your Blu still without the battery problems?
    03-10-2016 01:40 AM
    Hello,
    I have the same problem with the battery. In bootloader I found setttings for the battery. Does anyone have experience with it.
    No, but please, do share these settings, what did you see? What did they say? We are all out to get a better experience on these phones, so any bit helps, what is bootloader, where can i get my hands on it to tinker and learn?
    Last edited by Kamikazi2142; 03-10-2016 at 03:06 PM. Reason: added quote
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-10-2016 03:05 PM
    Hello,
    the boot menu is reached via volume up + Power. Both hold at the start .
    it seems the BDS Menu. Subsection 12 (PMIC Menu), there are some options.
    1. Charger Test, 2. this is only for Tablet, 3. Toogle Battery Rsense, 4. Disable Charger App

but the only thing that really helped me was the disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.
    RumoredNow and Ankush V1 like this.
    03-11-2016 12:33 AM
    Hello,
    the boot menu is reached via volume up + Power. Both hold at the start .
    it seems the BDS Menu. Subsection 12 (PMIC Menu), there are some options.
    1. Charger Test, 2. this is only for Tablet, 3. Toogle Battery Rsense, 4. Disable Charger App

but the only thing that really helped me was the disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.
    I'll give that a gander and see what that can offer, however, i'm unable to disconnect the battery, it is sealed and behind glue and torx screws, otherwise i'd totally go for it. Whenever i disconnect the charger and restart the phone its at 100%, and lasts like normal, however, the problem returns if the phone is on the charger for more than 6 hours in a single charge session.

Update:
    After entering that menu my phone decided to die. I have no phone for now, until the damn thing decides to work again. All i did was enter the menu, and now it won't display anything or respond. Additionally, i didn't see a "Battery" option in the menu.

Update2:
    After a few hours of nothing, after holding the power button for litterally 5 minutes, the phone powers on, and now i'm using the windows recovery tool to reset the phone and basically not going to touch that menu again.
    Last edited by Kamikazi2142; 03-12-2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-12-2016 02:30 PM
    I'm yet another one who is now suffering this issue. Phone is only 4 months old, and the issue just started the other week. The bizarre thing is that my partners phone started having this issue 4 days after mine started acting up, she got her phone 4 days after me. I've just taken delivery of a dual sim 640, wish I'd actually went for this in the first place. I'm based in uk and purchased from Amazon, so once I work out who is responsible for warranty, it will be going back for repair or replacement, and will then be kept as a backup. Shame, as is a really decent phone.
    Rohan Maheria likes this.
    03-12-2016 03:03 PM
    Has anyone tried pressing reset button and holding it for 30 seconds?

Reset button can be found when you remove back cover, between wake up and vol down buttons.
    03-12-2016 07:37 PM
    Has anyone tried pressing reset button and holding it for 30 seconds?

Reset button can be found when you remove back cover, between wake up and vol down buttons.
    have you tried this?
    had no idea there was a reset button there though...
    03-13-2016 12:59 AM
    have you tried this?
    had no idea there was a reset button there though...
    Me neither, dumb question, press reset button with power on or off? Will try this shortly
    03-13-2016 03:55 AM
    I haven't tried because mine doesn't suffer from this prob, however thought that it might help.

I have tried pressing it with the phone powered on, after holding it for like 5 seconds phone switched off, haven't tried it on switched off phone, however I advise to hold the button for longer time period (like 30 seconds) just in case.
    Captain Fancypants likes this.
    03-13-2016 07:04 AM
    Boot Menu??? Reset Button???

WTH???

Guess I have not been paying close enough attention. O_o
    ttsoldier likes this.
    03-13-2016 12:50 PM
    Hello, small request :-)
    running your Blu still without the battery problems?
    No. I'm using a 640 now.
    03-13-2016 08:08 PM
    No. I'm using a 640 now.
    Microsoft ever fix the SD card lockout error? It litterally locks the SD card into a completely READ ONLY card, i had to return my 64GB thanks to my 635 doing that. Makes me honestly wonder if it is ever worth risking an SD card to another Microsoft phone... My friend has the 640, and it happened to him too.
    03-16-2016 01:01 AM
    Microsoft ever fix the SD card lockout error? It litterally locks the SD card into a completely READ ONLY card, i had to return my 64GB thanks to my 635 doing that. Makes me honestly wonder if it is ever worth risking an SD card to another Microsoft phone... My friend has the 640, and it happened to him too.
    Never had any problems with the sd card in my 640.
    03-16-2016 09:18 AM
    Never had any problems with the sd card in my 640.
    Only happened after roughly six months usage, there was an update, the phone took FOREVER, then posted an error about the SD card, and after hours of troubleshooting, and calling everywhere, SanDisk was like, "just send it back and we'll fix it for you."
    03-16-2016 01:45 PM
    Just an update, I tried using the reset button. Switched phone off, and held it in for over 30 seconds. Started up phone, left it on for a while, until battery had drained for a bit. Plugged it into the charger, and is working fine now. Have got myself a 640 dual sim as my daily driver now, so at least I know my backup phone is ok. Hope this helps others, and many thanks to the person who suggested the reset button that I never knew existed.
    03-16-2016 05:14 PM
    Just an update, I tried using the reset button. Switched phone off, and held it in for over 30 seconds. Started up phone, left it on for a while, until battery had drained for a bit. Plugged it into the charger, and is working fine now. Have got myself a 640 dual sim as my daily driver now, so at least I know my backup phone is ok. Hope this helps others, and many thanks to the person who suggested the reset button that I never knew existed.
    How about now, is the phone still fine?
    03-18-2016 02:22 PM
    How about now, is the phone still fine?
    Yeah still fine, I'm going to do the wife's phone now.
    03-18-2016 02:23 PM
    That works 100%!!!!!!! :) this and win 10 made my day !!!!!
    Rohan Maheria likes this.
    03-18-2016 04:46 PM
    That works 100%!!!!!!! :) this and win 10 made my day !!!!!
    Glad to hear it worked for you as well. Think it was Gabriel92 who made the original post about the reset button, so all kudos to him. If this proves to work for others, then perhaps the fix could be a sticky? Enjoy win 10 on your phone, I have it on my 640, but will need to wait for it on my Blu, as I have the eu version.
    JMX777 and Rohan Maheria like this.
    03-18-2016 05:06 PM
    Glad it worked as well.

I actually have just accidentally spotted that button and the function of it after several attempts was just an assumption (been fixing phones for the last few years), however holding power button while the phone is on for the same amount of time (roughly 5 seconds) produces visually same effect, so it would be interesting to see whether supposedly reset button is a temporary kill switch for the battery (engineer of the device had that bug in mind ) or whether holding power button does the same (function preprogrammed by MS) which could cure the phone even w/o need to remove the back cover.
    Last edited by gabriel92; 03-18-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    03-18-2016 05:44 PM
    Man that trick works like a charm. I stopped using Blu last month bcoz I can't stand that weird percentage drop. Thanks a lot!!!!!
    Wolfie_Smith and RumoredNow like this.
    03-19-2016 04:36 AM
    I'm yet another one who is now suffering this issue. Phone is only 4 months old, and the issue just started the other week. The bizarre thing is that my partners phone started having this issue 4 days after mine started acting up, she got her phone 4 days after me. I've just taken delivery of a dual sim 640, wish I'd actually went for this in the first place. I'm based in uk and purchased from Amazon, so once I work out who is responsible for warranty, it will be going back for repair or replacement, and will then be kept as a backup. Shame, as is a really decent phone.
    That 4 month thing also happened with me. And that's really weird.
    Wolfie_Smith likes this.
    03-19-2016 04:39 AM
    Yeah still fine, I'm going to do the wife's phone now.
    I'm giving this a try, i'm going to let the battery completely drain out now, i've already utilized the 30+s of holding the reset button, which looks like a standard button contact between the pwr and vol- button contacts.
    Fingers crossed so much they look like twist ties...
    Will update if problem is solved or not, do hope so very much this is resolved, i really hate the drain/restart while plugged in.
    Last edited by Kamikazi2142; 03-19-2016 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Forgot to Quote.
    03-19-2016 06:08 AM
    Well, so far this has been a fix, its charging and holding the charge now.
    Will update (or necro) with any additional info.
    Wolfie_Smith and gabriel92 like this.
    03-23-2016 08:17 AM
    I can happily confirm the secret button trick worked for me!

EDIT: for clarity, I just powered off, held the secret button down for over 30 seconds, powered on again, ran a battery monitor app, and then the correct level was shown and have had no problems since.
    gabriel92 likes this.
    03-23-2016 09:19 PM
104 12345