BLU WIN HD LTE - Weird Charging Issue (charging but percent decreases), can I get some help?

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying the Mailbox Fix as of now, but I too have been having this issue.
Since i'm not in a situation to be without a phone i can't RMA (Personal problems don't ask)
Since i'm having a hardship with an income i can't purchase a new battery...

So, to be honest, i only ever noticed this issue after the Update 2 through Windows Insider

I have been waiting beyond patiently for BLU to release the Windows 10 Mobile, that became available for Lumia's mid December, and became available for all other devices late January, so why i am still without Windows 10 Mobile is an incredibly baffling thought, especially since BLU advertises *Windows 10 Mobile Ready when it releases* ...uh... its released guys, where is my Win10M??

I'm losing patience, i love Windows Phones, but the Win8.1u2 battery bug is driving me up the wall, I changed my WInsider to Preview builds, nothing new, haven't seen Win10M since my Lumia 635, and that didn't have the minimum RAM that the BLU phone has.

Just FYI:
The BLU phone does meet all requirements for Win10M, Why there isn't a simple download for Win10M is beyond me, especially when Microsoft is trying to hit 1Billion devices, you would think they'd have a link "Get Win10M here NOW!" Instead we see a secretive underground society hiding from the light, pretending the floor is LAVA!
Grow the hell up Microsoft/BLU give us the freakin OS.

Illuminati.

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I have been waiting beyond patiently for BLU to release the Windows 10 Mobile, that became available for Lumia's mid December, and became available for all other devices late January, so why i am still without Windows 10 Mobile is an incredibly baffling thought, especially since BLU advertises *Windows 10 Mobile Ready when it releases* ...uh... its released guys, where is my Win10M??
Illuminati.

Your frustration is noted and shared by many, but you are somewhat mistaken. The older Lumias have not yet received Windows 10 mobile; there was no roll out in January and everyone else is waiting just like you (and me).

Last edited:

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Well then, looks like G1 has taken over Microsoft...
Anyone know what i'm getting at?... No?
G1 is a game company "Gamersfirst" and they have been promising a new graphical engine replacement, AND a new Console variant to one of their games. APB:Reloaded, the console variant is the latest in said promises, but never the less, talk talk talk, no show. Its been almost 3 years (maybe more) since they announced it, and 2 years or so since they initially planned to give it to the gamers... as of late though, absolutely nothing is mentioned about a release date now, for either promise.

Microsoft released several press releases claiming this and that, but then didn't follow through with their claims. They reneged their initial promise of honoring the pirated copies in China for free Win10 upgrade eligibility. Wouldn't surprise me if they end up releasing Win10M in 3 or 4 years now... seems to be a pattern as of late... Including but not limited to, video games, utility software, drivers, and now Operating Systems.

This trend needs to stop...
And my issue was not resolved by that mail settings trick.
Back to square one with the charger charging in reverse... HELP, MY CHARGER IS STUCK IN REVERSE!!!!!

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Bought a Belkin 6 outlet wall plate thing, with two 2.1amp USB ports on it, got a USB cable that has those lights on it that looks like they are moving to the device connected (mainly to see it working) and it seems to be holding a charge while plugged in.

Looks good so far.

Will update later on if problem continues still.
My initial conclusion is that the battery has a higher output than the charger and while the phone is in use/active the drain is higher than the gain, the charger was a .7amp or 700ma, the little wall adapter that shipped with the phone's retail box was a 1amp, i gave it to a friend who needed a charger at the time. Fingers crossed this does the trick!

Last edited:

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
OK...
So when it charges, the Cable lights up, and flows like the energy is going through to the phone, but after the lights for the windows button, back button and cortana search at the bottom turn off, the cable's lights freeze, and act like they are stopped in transit, after a second or two, they just turn off. Not in use anymore... however, the Phone still says its plugged in and charging, which is untrue, i can see clear as day that the phone is not drawing off the cable... and furthermore, if i restart the phone after the cable lights are off, while the phone reports 50% or any other battery level, when it boots back up, its at 100%
It still lasts the entirety of a day and a half of constant usage, but what the heck?!
Solution?
No not yet, though it seems promising at first, i'm assuming that the phone just doesn't like to be plugged in ALL the time.

CastrTroy

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I had a very similar problem and managed to resolve it in a non-destructive way. Here is what I did.

1. Did a reset of my phone
2. Recovered from backup.

At this point, I still had the problem, I'm only mentioning these problems to be complete and thorough.

3. Remove SD Card.
4. Format SD card using computer - full format, not quick.
5. Reinsert SD card

After this, the problem seems to have completely resolved itself, and it's still operating fine a couple weeks later. I'm nit sure how the SD card would have any effect on the battery, but this seemed to fix the problem. Perhaps it wasn't seated properly or there was some other problem, but the above is what worked for me. The whole process was over a few days. Formatting the SD card was just a last ditch effort before contacting the manufacturer. I really didn't want to be without my phone for an extended period of time.

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I'll give this a shot...
So, now my old SD Card is bricked...
Using my 64GB SD Card <-- will get back on that in a moment...
Currently in the state of charging.

32GB SD card (purchased solely for this phone) was destroyed after removing from the phone.
64GB SD card, used in Nokia Lumia 635 before BLU phone, was sitting in desk collecting dust,
The specifications of this phone says 32GB max expandable, so why is it registering the full extent
of my 64GB reporting the same available from when used in the Lumia? 59GB Free reports my phone, then and now.

Please BLU, enough of the games.

UPDATE:
Issue still there, this most definitely is a software related glitch. The battery is just fine, it still has its capacity, the phone just forgets that it is plugged into the charging cable and recognizes that as battery power and then uses charging power while reporting battery usage and percentage loss.
Getting really annoyed with this.

Last edited:

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
As if to confirm my theory on it being a Software based issue...
Let me ask of you...
Anyone here opt in for Windows Insider? for any of the Win10M builds?

After a hard reset, the phone functions flawlessly, so far...
I'm still leaving some room for when i go to sleep and wake up to it behaving the same again....
As i'm typing this i'm watching the charging wire behaving oddly...
Fingers crossed it was just Update 2.

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Tried doing a hard reset to undo the Windows Insider as i was suspicious to it being the cause of my despair, seeing as how it only started happening after that day.

Nope, still having the issue.

At least now, I don't have to dread hard resetting my phone to get out of that god awful Win8.1U2, swear that update breaks far more than it fixes.

Last edited:

OhneZ

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same problem with the battery. In bootloader I found setttings for the battery. Does anyone have experience with it.

OhneZ

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: BLU WIN HD LTE - Weird Charging Issue (charging but percent decreases)

ITs all good. Don't worry about it ;)

On the positive side, "reseating" the battery has seemed to have solved the problem!. My phone is no longer "losing" charge.

For those who are up to it and don't want to ship back their phone, give it a whirl.

P.s. Your warranty will become void

Hello, small request :)
running your Blu still without the battery problems?

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
I have the same problem with the battery. In bootloader I found setttings for the battery. Does anyone have experience with it.

No, but please, do share these settings, what did you see? What did they say? We are all out to get a better experience on these phones, so any bit helps, what is bootloader, where can i get my hands on it to tinker and learn?

Last edited:

OhneZ

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
the boot menu is reached via volume up + Power. Both hold at the start .
it seems the BDS Menu. Subsection 12 (PMIC Menu), there are some options.
1. Charger Test, 2. this is only for Tablet, 3. Toogle Battery Rsense, 4. Disable Charger App

but the only thing that really helped me was the disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.

Kamikazi2142

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
the boot menu is reached via volume up + Power. Both hold at the start .
it seems the BDS Menu. Subsection 12 (PMIC Menu), there are some options.
1. Charger Test, 2. this is only for Tablet, 3. Toogle Battery Rsense, 4. Disable Charger App

but the only thing that really helped me was the disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.

I'll give that a gander and see what that can offer, however, i'm unable to disconnect the battery, it is sealed and behind glue and torx screws, otherwise i'd totally go for it. Whenever i disconnect the charger and restart the phone its at 100%, and lasts like normal, however, the problem returns if the phone is on the charger for more than 6 hours in a single charge session.

Update:
After entering that menu my phone decided to die. I have no phone for now, until the damn thing decides to work again. All i did was enter the menu, and now it won't display anything or respond. Additionally, i didn't see a "Battery" option in the menu.

Update2:
After a few hours of nothing, after holding the power button for litterally 5 minutes, the phone powers on, and now i'm using the windows recovery tool to reset the phone and basically not going to touch that menu again.

Last edited:

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: BLU WIN HD LTE - Weird Charging Issue (charging but percent decreases)

I'm yet another one who is now suffering this issue. Phone is only 4 months old, and the issue just started the other week. The bizarre thing is that my partners phone started having this issue 4 days after mine started acting up, she got her phone 4 days after me. I've just taken delivery of a dual sim 640, wish I'd actually went for this in the first place. I'm based in uk and purchased from Amazon, so once I work out who is responsible for warranty, it will be going back for repair or replacement, and will then be kept as a backup. Shame, as is a really decent phone.

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone tried pressing reset button and holding it for 30 seconds?

Reset button can be found when you remove back cover, between wake up and vol down buttons.

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I haven't tried because mine doesn't suffer from this prob, however thought that it might help.

I have tried pressing it with the phone powered on, after holding it for like 5 seconds phone switched off, haven't tried it on switched off phone, however I advise to hold the button for longer time period (like 30 seconds) just in case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos