What software fueatures would you like to see be added to BLU Win HD LTE?

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Was just wondering what kind of software features you would like to see be added? for me it would be:
- Double tap to unlock. It would be great to see the double tap to unlock feature on the phone as some of the other windows phones have it (Lumia: 520, 920, 930, ...)

- Have a single sim mode. As the phone has 2 sim slots and only 1 is being used there are lots of icons and menu options showed for the other sim card. In most cases it is not needed if only one of the sim card is in use. So if only a single card is being used allow to use the phone as if it only supported a single sim card and not show icons, menus and options for the second sim.

- I noticed when charging there is a red LED next to the proximity sensor, I was wondering if it could be used for notifications. Just a simple blinking/pulsating light to indicate there is a notification.

That's the few things that come to my mind. What stuff would you guys like?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would like to be able to change my Sm mode to edge. What a battery drainer .

I also hope we receive windows 10 mobile instantly as phone was purchased directly from the Microsoft store, unlocked

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
- Double tap to unlock.

- Have a single sim mode.

- I noticed when charging there is a red LED next to the proximity sensor, I was wondering if it could be used for notifications. Just a simple blinking/pulsating light to indicate there is a notification.

Double tap to unlock is related to the actual screen hardware. I don't see that happening. Let's be honest, BLU shaved some cost on the display panels.

Single SIM recognition is an outstanding idea.

LED notification is a possibility. Not sure if it is baked into the new OS or if it will need firmware. See my notes* after the next quote.

I also hope we receive windows 10 mobile instantly as phone was purchased directly from the Microsoft store, unlocked

BLU has a pretty good record for OTA. Your OTA won't come direct from Microsoft, no matter where you bought the phone. Microsoft will pass it to BLU and BLU will push it or approve it for Msft to push.

*BLU adds little, if anything, for firmware. Expect whatever advancements are baked into Win 10 Mo and nothing more. Because BLU does not tinker with the OS they get the OTA out earlier than most Lumia models in the field can expect. Not the first, but in the first few. That has been my experience as a user and an observer. I also had the 1st gen HD.

If the rumors are true, RTM for Win 10 Mo is going out today...

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
I have only used the phone for few days but I am very impressed for what you get for such a price.

Dual sim support is nice but then you get a lot of additional icons, menus and toggles which are not needed if you only use a single sim card.

I think windows 10 will be quite nice on the win hd lte

seeremlive

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Single sim is already an option, just merge the accounts for both phone, and messaging. This will give you a combined interface for both sims. Since you are using only one, the result of this is the other is just hidden.
Go into Phone 1, click the menu in the bottom right, click link tiles.
Go into Messanging 1, click the menu in the bottom right, click link tiles.

This will clean up everything except the status bar at the top. This will still show no sim for sim 2

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
seeremlive thanks for that I will give it a try. Does that remove the toggle[1|2] menu in messaging and the word Sim1/Sim2 underneath the text?

Also another thing I was it make the keyboard smaller, it takes half the screen, wayyy to big for the phone.

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Shows how observant I am, When the phone is fully charged the LED turns red. So it might be a multicoloured LED.

Are there any lumia phones that have a notification LED?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos