03-17-2016 12:15 PM
118 12345
tools
    Hi all, got intouch wit the blu support team, they say that Microsoft haven't given the confirmation on release of win10, also tried the insiders preview version, only the phones list on the win recovery tool is eligible for receiving preview updates, also I suppose blu shld b able to get win 10 within this year, coz its already been a year releasing the phone, hopefully v get it within tis year
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-12-2016 07:53 AM
    Also from business point of view, Microsoft have already launched 640, nearing the budget, also they hav rolled back 640 now, blu has serious opportunity to get the market with the update of win 10 , spread lots of people have a eye on this phone,
    01-12-2016 08:17 AM

okay so here is the first screenshot of how it would look like in the phone update section when windows 10 comes to existing line of Lumia's and other windows phones..
    LOL that was a dirty trick posting that screencap.

My original estimate was a bit off wasn't it?

Here is hoping we see it by month's end. I too remain optimistic. I think we are getting a better baked product and I hope the lessons of 950/XL have been added to the RTM.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 01-12-2016 at 09:23 PM.
    01-12-2016 11:25 AM
    Just received my Blu Win HD LTE today. It's fast, like compared to the Lumia 521, the Lumia 521 is like a P4 compared to a Core i5 (current) fast. I hope they do release Windows 10 for it. When I get some homework done I'll play with it more and that. Thanks for reaching out to Blu. Hopefully we'll see an update soon.
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    01-12-2016 09:40 PM
    LOL that was a dirty trick posting that screencap.

My original estimate was a bit off wasn't it?

Here is hoping we see it by month's end. I too remain optimistic. I think we are getting a better baked product and I hope the lessons of 950/XL have been added to the RTM.
    hey it was no trck...I got that frm onetile.ru... u knw better..m a newbie..

dude will you please help me get Lumia camera for my win hd lte....please please...I got here maps from the group discussions...I want Lumia camera...which I guessed was earlier only a Lumia exclusive and now it is availaible for all...please tell me how to get it...I cant find it in store..coz of some glitch I guess...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-13-2016 08:37 AM
    The "trick" was putting it first and everyone though... It is here!!! Oh wait... Let me read how that is just an example. I LOLed.

If​ your phone is developer unlocked, you can find Lumia Camera Classic and other appx from an alternate trusted source and sideload them.
    01-13-2016 09:20 AM
    The "trick" was putting it first and everyone though... It is here!!! Oh wait... Let me read how that is just an example. I LOLed.

If​ your phone is developer unlocked, you can find Lumia Camera Classic and other appx from an alternate trusted source and sideload them.
    ummm....idk if my phone is developer unlocked....blu came to india in September last year and I got my phone in October from amazon.in ..now do they sell unlocked phones on amazon?? and why cant I get it from the store?? I tried getting the appx fr Lumia camera classic but my phone doesn't detect the appx in the store while other appx get detected and can be installed as well....

I saw you saying somewhere dat lumica camera can now be installed on blu win hd lte as well dats why made it a point to ask you...bcoz I seriously want to use it on my blu and see hw my camera performs...please tell me how should I get it?
    01-13-2016 01:30 PM
    Hope to get the update by month end.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-13-2016 02:36 PM
    To developer unlock your phone you need a Microsoft Developer account (cost is about $20 USD) and a toolkit (the WP SDK 8.1) .

Your phone would not be developer unlocked unless you did this thing yourself.

Then you can load appx from your PC to the phone and install that way. For Lumia Branded Apps there is no other way.

For other Camera Apps I recommend Camera360 Sight and ProShot, both of which you should find in the store.

In (Microsoft) Camera App [The stock App] I suggest trying Camera > ... > photo settings > exposure value > select -2ev to combat the overexposure from the module.
    01-13-2016 02:41 PM
    I don't remember paying to become a developer or unlock my phone to load apps. Iirc its free to sign up. The cost is publishing and selling apps.
    01-13-2016 05:51 PM
    I don't remember paying to become a developer or unlock my phone to load apps. Iirc its free to sign up. The cost is publishing and selling apps.
    Developer Unlock is designed for Devs to load their Apps on devices for testing. As such it bypasses the store check. If you try and install a Lumia branded App from SD card onto the BLU, the store check causes it to fail due to "not available for this model" error. Developer Unlock is a workaround.

When I got my Dev account it cost me $20. I've never written an App in my life.
    01-13-2016 08:12 PM
    Check your Microsoft Account under the Services & Subscriptions tab.

capture02.png
    01-13-2016 08:18 PM
    Ahh ok I haven't tried to sideload apps only developed them with VS.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-13-2016 11:34 PM
    Received a response from Blu they don't want to give any time frame or estimates in case the developers run into bugs or issues. Sounds like they are planning on releasing W10 for the Blu Win HD LTE. Woot!
    01-14-2016 01:25 PM
    Sounds like they are planning on releasing W10 for the Blu Win HD LTE. Woot!
    This was OBVIOUS as they declared it on their web site!
    Philip Hamm likes this.
    01-15-2016 03:38 AM
    The Blu Selfie used to say it would be upgradable to Lollipop. It never was and the text deleted. That's all I'm saying.
    Philip Hamm likes this.
    01-15-2016 06:42 AM
    BLU has a good update record with Windows Phone. They seem to beat the majority of Lumia phones every cycle since they entered the platform.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-15-2016 10:03 AM
    BLU has a good update record with Windows Phone. They seem to beat the majority of Lumia phones every cycle since they entered the platform.
    That makes me feel better then. Last phone I had they dropped support fast.
    01-15-2016 10:45 AM
    That makes me feel better then. Last phone I had they dropped support fast.
    You can buy this phone directly from Microsoft stores in USA and Canada. I bought mine last week from Microsoft Store Canada and the description states that "Win HD LTE will be upgradeable to Windows 10 when available.". I doubt very much that Microsoft would say that on their stores if they were not sure about it.
    Last edited by EricGagne; 01-15-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-15-2016 11:31 AM
    In my opinion, Androids fragmentation has gotten out of control which is why I think I've gravitated back to the windows phone. Plus everything I do works on Windows phone great.
    RumoredNow and aluti like this.
    01-15-2016 01:24 PM
    According to the french operator Bouygues Tlcom, Microsoft should start next week to push windows phone 10 on few devices :

Lumia 635
    Lumia 640
    Lumia 640XL
    Lumia 730
    Lumia 735
    Lumia 830
    Lumia 930
    Lumia 1520
    Lumia 532/535/540/636/638

A new App is now present on the store which should help to upgrade from win8.1 to win10 ! But impossible to deploy it now !
    microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/upgrade-advisor-beta/9nblgggzpfg1

French link : cnetfrance.fr/news/windows-10-mobile-deploye-la-semaine-prochaine-selon-bouygues-telecom-39831196.htm
    01-16-2016 04:58 AM
    Maybe instead of poking around other platforms and porting apps, Microsoft can at least push their freaking updates to the people that actually cares... Android and iPhone users are not gonna care about Cortana, or all that wordflow keyboard nonsense. On the other hand Windows phone users have been wait for this update since November. Just stop recruiting people from other platforms and mind your own user base. Another reason that people are not switching is because you don't update your devices. Why work against your own efforts... Sometimes I wonder how someone can be so blind. I swear I'm starting to see an old Nokia inside Microsoft. If you understand what I mean. 😒
    01-17-2016 11:27 PM
    ...iPhone users are not gonna care about ... all that wordflow keyboard nonsense...
    I've not used iOS since v6, but I remember and by all reports, iOS keyboard experience is pretty abysmal. I think they will care about WordFlow.

I used to be spoiled by Nexus and know I was getting the latest updates first. But aside from that exception to the rule, I realize that they come when they come.
    I too remain optimistic. I think we are getting a better baked product and I hope the lessons of 950/XL have been added to the RTM.
    01-18-2016 10:33 AM
    I've not used iOS since v6, but I remember and by all reports, iOS keyboard experience is pretty abysmal. I think they will care about WordFlow.
    Just saying, if I'm an iPhone user, and I really care about swiping keyboard. I'll prefer swiftkeys over any other alternatives since it was the first of its kind
    01-19-2016 09:20 AM
    So the way things are currently looking I doubt they will release it February, my current guess would be the start of March.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-05-2016 10:34 AM
118 12345