Countdown to Windows 10 Mobile

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm in no hurry. I checked out W10 Mobile briefly on the new 950s at the Microsoft Store this week and it's cool, but honestly I'm very happy with my Windows 8.1 version that's on the phone right now. I wish T-Mobile would have updated my 635 to this version, the version on my 635 is old; it doesn't even have folders!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Looking at the eligible device list Windows 10 Mobile eligible devices list has batches of devices receiving the update blue does not seem to be on it :(

That list is not worth worrying about. Blu, the manufacturers themselves said that the Win HD LTE will be getting the update. I would think the manufacturer at said company, would have more of a say over a random person. I believe also on their product pages, it says that it will be upgraded to Windows 10 when available. Win HD LTE

Scroll down to read it for yourself.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the eligible device list Windows 10 Mobile eligible devices list has batches of devices receiving the update blue does not seem to be on it :(

As others in the very thread you linked have pointed out... Those lists are old and contradict current information from Microsoft.

I'd just like to point out that:
1. the XML file containing the data that is the basis for this "news" was posted on Microsoft's site for download back on October 23rd.
2. I noticed that the (BLU) Win HD LTE is "UpgadeState: 3", same as the HTC 8X; meanwhile even today, the Win HD LTE's page on MicrosoftStore advertises "Win HD LTE will be upgradeable to Windows 10 when available."

So in other words, as usual with Microsoft, wait and see.

Screen caps taken today:

Capture.png
Capture02.png

Abdullah Sulman

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
After using windows 10 build .29, I had to roll back to 8.1 .. So sorry to say the feel of windows mobile 10 is nowhere near as good as 8.1 . By the feel i mean general responsiveness and fluidity .. I always felt a gap between a tap and corresponding action. Its simply not in windows phone 8.1. Battery drain ( my main reason to roll back) is simply alarming ... And in general needs alot of polish here and there. I think it would be wise for Microsoft to hold the update until its ready. I was a pro windows mobile 10 guy. But my experience as of yet has been sick.i am really surprised that Microsoft decided to ship 950 with such a buggy build

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
^^ This is the very reason Microsoft isn't releasing W10M until "early" 2016. There are still some bugs to exterminate and Orkin is on vacation. Hold tight fellas, it's coming.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Question:- what if I install insider preview on my phone ? Will I get the official rollout from the technical preview or will I have to rollback to 8.1 first in order to recieve the official rollout?

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Question:- what if I install insider preview on my phone ? Will I get the official rollout from the technical preview or will I have to rollback to 8.1 first in order to recieve the official rollout?
Roll back to 8.1 using recovery tool and then you get the official win 10. W10M official isn't for insider but people with official updated 8.1 with denim. Its not like off and on u can get out of an insider. You have to use the recovery tool which involves hard reset and flashing and install updated 8.1. You will lose the apps in this process, not sure about the data, depends on how much you backed up.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Roll back to 8.1 using recovery tool and then you get the official win 10. W10M official isn't for insider but people with official updated 8.1 with denim. Its not like off and on u can get out of an insider. You have to use the recovery tool which involves hard reset and flashing and install updated 8.1. You will lose the apps in this process, not sure about the data, depends on how much you backed up.

Then I better wait for official rollout.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Then I better wait for official rollout.

Further, even though the insider and the official build is same, you get your software warranty when official builds shut down your device, the same doesn't apply for insider builds. Been an active insider in 8.1 DP, true hardship

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Further, even though the insider and the official build is same, you get your software warranty when official builds shut down your device, the same doesn't apply for insider builds. Been an active insider in 8.1 DP, true hardship

Not to forget that the
Official rollout will be optimized SPECIFICALLY for my device providing better performance .

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

There is no Recovery Tool for BLU phones. Do not get on Insider unless you wish to remain there. You have NO way to revert.

BLU does not have Denim. Denim is Lumia Firmware and BLU is not a Lumia. BLU Win HD LTE is at 8.1 Update 2 official (OS version 8.10.15137.148). The Firmware revision number is 00150.04717.20001.15008.

john24ssj

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
There is no Recovery Tool for BLU phones. Do not get on Insider unless you wish to remain there. You have NO way to revert.

BLU does not have Denim. Denim is Lumia Firmware and BLU is not a Lumia. BLU Win HD LTE is at 8.1 Update 2 official (OS version 8.10.15137.148). The Firmware revision number is 00150.04717.20001.15008.

my friend was surprised that my blu had more features and slighly different menus compared to his 8.1 on lumia 930

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss