Countdown to Windows 10 Mobile

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
ok so now Lumia mexico has confirmed rollout of windows 10 mobile on 29th feb....but when will blu win hd lte be getting it??
and when it gets will the rollout date be same for both the models (x150q and x150e) ??

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft said the Lumia Mexico was wrong with that date, so I would just ignore it

When did they say that? Do you have a source? BTW I think you are right to say that we should ignore the Mexican date, it's just that Microsoft has been so quiet on this matter that a denial of a roll-out date would be news to me.

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My how things have gone quiet on the Blue forums, everyone holding their breath waiting for ........

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My HD LTE is boxed and ready to ship...

I moved to Lumia 640 for a backup. I'm running Insider Release Preview (10586.107)and enjoying it. Had the phone a week, had W10M 6 days and using it for my daily. Shakedown cruise is going very well.

I still peek in here. If BLU pushes W10M out to this device I'll upgrade it. It would be interesting to see 10 on a 3rd party OEM.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
My HD LTE is boxed and ready to ship...

I moved to Lumia 640 for a backup. I'm running Insider Release Preview (10586.107)and enjoying it. Had the phone a week, had W10M 6 days and using it for my daily. Shakedown cruise is going very well.

I still peek in here. If BLU pushes W10M out to this device I'll upgrade it. It would be interesting to see 10 on a 3rd party OEM.

The Alcatel runs it really well. When it hits Blu Win HD LTE, I'm going back to my Blu for a while (if the multitouch issue is fixed)

hajisavvas

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
At the moment there is no way to install any preview versions on any BLU windows phone, US or EU. Microsoft is not officially supporting BLU phones for preview builds. Do a search online for "Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview" to see a list of the officially supported phones. Since the official release of Windows 10 Mobile by BLU is possibly around the corner I doubt that any BLU phones will be supported for the Windows Insider Program before that. However Microsoft has recently added support for the US version of BLU WIN HD LTE in the Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
"around the corner..." optimism misplaced. 12 months on from original announcement, nearly 6 months on from first suggested launch. It is a bit like the donkey being led by a carrot, always out of reach, as was always probably intended.

hajisavvas

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If you are going to quote me at least quote exactly what I said. I said "possibly around the corner" and that's based on my own estimation. I didn't claim to know the exact release date. Facts were different 12 or even 6 months ago. A lot happened since.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
If you are going to quote me at least quote exactly what I said. I said "possibly around the corner" and that's based on my own estimation. I didn't claim to know the exact release date. Facts were different 12 or even 6 months ago. A lot happened since.

Oh dear. Yet another case of criticism blindness.

I read your post properly, and you were non commital, which at present is the way to go. As you said, the 'possibly' around the corner, which I guess was referring to the Blu series.

Once again, post skimming, and blog skimming seems to be the norm these days.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
"around the corner..." optimism misplaced. 12 months on from original announcement, nearly 6 months on from first suggested launch. It is a bit like the donkey being led by a carrot, always out of reach, as was always probably intended.

A suggested launch does not mean it WILL be launched with the time frame given. There are only three things that are certain. You are born, you pay taxes, you die.

I maybe wide of the mark here, but...maybe things have slowed due to the somewhat unexpected uptake by OEM's. I would guess that these manufacturers, who somewhat surprisingly took on a so called 'dead' platform, have had a large hand in testing as well, along with those who have invested in 10 mobile release devices. The latest insider build, .107, is pretty close, just needing some spit and polish. The new Redstone branch has been pretty good on second build.

I have discovered that, with age, comes patience,and good things come to those who wait. I'm no programmer, but I would imagine that offering the OS for free to older devices takes more than a couple of lines of code.

And finally, posted via Windows Central app using a 950xl, running 10 mobile, not android ;-)

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
A suggested launch does not mean it WILL be launched with the time frame given. There are only three things that are certain. You are born, you pay taxes, you die.

I maybe wide of the mark here, but...maybe things have slowed due to the somewhat unexpected uptake by OEM's. I would guess that these manufacturers, who somewhat surprisingly took on a so called 'dead' platform, have had a large hand in testing as well, along with those who have invested in 10 mobile release devices. The latest insider build, .107, is pretty close, just needing some spit and polish. The new Redstone branch has been pretty good on second build.

I have discovered that, with age, comes patience,and good things come to those who wait. I'm no programmer, but I would imagine that offering the OS for free to older devices takes more than a couple of lines of code.

And finally, posted via Windows Central app using a 950xl, running 10 mobile, not android ;-)

How sad ;-(

hajisavvas

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft's Gabe Aul has said in a blog post that BLU Win HD W510U and BLU Win HD LTE X150Q are now officially supported for the Windows Insiders Program. No luck for the European variant X150E yet. Anyone updated their X150Q yet?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss