Difference in data speeds between Win HD and Win HD LTE?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I know that some of you out there have/had both the Win HD and Win HD LTE. I'm thinking that it can be fun to try it out sometime, but I noticed that the Win HD LTE doesn't come in orange or pink.

I want to know if there's a noticeable difference in data speeds between the Win HD and the Win HD LTE. What is your experience?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It really is going to depend on your Network and Plan.

H+ speed is 42.2mbps download. Unless your able to exceed that on your network...

Upload might make a difference as the H+ on each is limited to 5.76mbps, but cat4 LTE allows for 50.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It really is going to depend on your Network and Plan.

H+ speed is 42.2mbps download. Unless your able to exceed that on your network...

Upload might make a difference as the H+ on each is limited to 5.76mbps, but cat4 LTE allows for 50.
Thank you for this information, that's very helpful!
I am on T-mobile, with 10gb data (at most I use 2gb, but no point in adjusting the plan).

Anyway, I did a speed test (with wifi off) and my downloads and uploads are actually less than the numbers you shared here. They are close to the numbers, but still less. That gives me faith to possibly give it a whirl, since it seems like I should probably be fine. Next step would be to test my speeds at work.

Edit: I ordered one, for something that I wish to try. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later. This could be interesting or scary!

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow, at work and inside the building I work, it is horrible (it says I have no download or upload, but improves with wifi a little bit) but I will have to test outside when I get a chance. This kind of concerns me, considering that I am using a device with band 12.

Makes me wonder how it would be on a device without it. I'm kind of scared to take the risk really, but right now, I'm considering trying this and/or the 550 (since it at least has band 12) but just not at the same time (haha). I'm indecisive on this so I just might cancel for now, and try out the 550 first. Regardless, your information is really helpful, thank you for it.

Last edited:

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I had both phones and recently upgraded to the Win Hd LTE and let me tell you, the LTE model is much faster and has much better connectivity. I live in Canada, we have great networks here and IE was really slow on the Win HD because of the 3G band no LTE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea