Will There Be A Contiuum-Compatible Phone?

the_moesiah

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I like BLU's products and I'm looking for a new phone but I need Continuum. Has anyone heard anything?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
My guess, unless Microsoft can really get mobile moving, you may not see one for a while. If I had to guess, I'd say next year, at earliest, if they do do one.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Um, there is the 950, 950 XL, Vaio Phone Biz, there's one more I'm forgetting, then there's going to me at least one announced during MWC at the end of this month.

For BLU, I'd expect they may announce something, too, at MCW (they're usually good at keeping phones under wraps until announcement time).

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Um, there is the 950, 950 XL, Vaio Phone Biz, there's one more I'm forgetting, then there's going to me at least one announced during MWC at the end of this month.

For BLU, I'd expect they may announce something, too, at MCW (they're usually good at keeping phones under wraps until announcement time).

Acer Jade Primo is another with Continuum

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

There's the Acer Jade Primo and the NuAns (spelling?) phones, but no one knows when it would be available in the Americas.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the OP is asking strictly about BLU launching a continuum capable device. From what they have offered thus far for Windows Phone that would be a step up for them. I also think a lot of it depends on who they get their phones from. BLU doesn't make the phones. They may have a hand in design, but they contract with an Original Device Manufacturer in China to supply their badged phones. Can that ODM get enough SC 617 to meet the minimum continuum for phones hardware? Can they engineer to meet all the requirements?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/mt608594(v=vs.85).aspx

I'd like to see BLU step up to that level of hardware for Windows Phone. I've enjoyed their product thus far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb