(Dropped) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD rumored to have insider builds.

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: (On Hold) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD have Insider Builds now 10.0.10586.122!

Nice... Again, Europe, where I'm sure there is the most of the BLU WM devices, is not included... Well done

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: (On Hold) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD have Insider Builds now 10.0.10586.122!

And I've been trying to upgrade my X150Q for two days, it's not available anywhere. Just another empty promise

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

So, the EU version will not get windows 10 upgrade? (since won't test it in insider)

aluti

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Same here. I've been checking my updates since the news came out as well. I thought it was just me.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

So, the EU version will not get windows 10 upgrade? (since won't test it in insider)

I think that's a huge leap...what does Blu's website say? Any asterisk's saying the Win 10 upgrade is only for US? (I can't find any.) Maybe the US folks are the testers for the rest ... who knows. Seems like WM 10 is close...I'd wait and see before jumping off the cliff.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

It is planned to get the Windows 10 upgrade, when it's released. But none of the Blu's received the insider update. No rings have it. It's not even on the build feed (which is odd) for public. So you're not in the dark or alone. We're all waiting, impatiently or patiently, take your pick.

No Blu phones are running Windows 10 through insider builds past... June or prior when they had that mix up of 10 being pushed on the rings regardless of device.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I'm starting to believe that there will be at least one, maybe several more Insider releases before we ever see this one on these phones. It's pretty much the weekend now and still no Windows 10.

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

I'm starting to believe that there will be at least one, maybe several more Insider releases before we ever see this one on these phones. It's pretty much the weekend now and still no Windows 10.

Maybe, but it's hard to say really, in the absence of hard info from MICROSOFT/BLU. Still, there does seem to be some signs of progress; with the .122 build, W10 mobile appears to be approaching stability and proper functioning. I think a release to WP 8.1 devices is close, but when exactly for the BLU phones, I don't know.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone tweeted at Gabe? (I just did actually)

cyber_k9

May 11, 2012
Visit site

I have tagged Gabe describing problems getting Win 10 for my W510U model. Tried recovery via WRDT tool. Insider app would often say it couldn't enroll as the phone was already busy checking for updates; other times it would give an error. Eventually it did seem to enroll - I got a notice and the phone said it was going to reboot (and it did)... but no Win 10 update has appeared yet.

At least I'm not alone. ;)

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm enrolled in the insider release preview, but no update yet... It's better slow ring??

Edit: Win HD LTE USA ver

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I'm enrolled in the insider release preview, but no update yet... It's better slow ring??

Edit: Win HD LTE USA ver

I'm in Insider Release Preview ring as well. Not sure but I think either is the same. No Windows 10 Mobile available in any ring for BLU.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

I have tagged Gabe describing problems getting Win 10 for my W510U model. Tried recovery via WRDT tool. Insider app would often say it couldn't enroll as the phone was already busy checking for updates; other times it would give an error. Eventually it did seem to enroll - I got a notice and the phone said it was going to reboot (and it did)... but no Win 10 update has appeared yet.

At least I'm not alone. ;)

The updates, it automatically forces a check when you select a ring. When you're on the confirmation screen, wait approx 10-15 seconds before hitting confirm. That will give Windows Update time to check for updates then go from there. If that doesn't work, close the app, open Task Switcher and close it, open it up, and do the same thing, waiting like 10-15 seconds. One time I had done it too quick and it was hanging on the updates. I promise though, if you wait 10-15 seconds before confirming, it'll work.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

:cry:As promised I reset the phone, enrolled it, and tried both rings. Nothing. I posted on twitter, with a screenshot of what was said, and asked why we were lied to about Blu being added to the Insider Preview. =/ Not too happy right now.

naveen4181

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Guys! It's Windows Insider Program that means UPDATE is rolled out world wide(Also the build is released in PREVIEW release so it's stable,chances of bricking the device not that high).Surely there is some problem on MS side and i think when the update is released it will be available to EVERYONE(Not even X150Q were able to upgrade)

hahaman

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

amazing that my lava iris win 1 has windows 10 without ms supporting it lol

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

amazing that my lava iris win 1 has windows 10 without ms supporting it lol
Haha, ya. I've been kinda looking around the last couple days. Although someone from the Microsoft forum directly hinted to me that there was still a way to get around installing to unsupported devices I haven't found a way that seems to still work.
Now that the MDRT supports the phone I'd be eager to try.
I'm sure that since Gabe announced this that there is a working upgrade, I'm assuming that issues must lie in how it can be safely delivered to the correct phones? Maybe they need to deliver a firmware upgrade first? Maybe the upgrade path can't differentiate between different models Maybe some models are locked and since they are technically sold by the carrier they need carrier approval? Anyways. Whatever the reason I hope it is resolved soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99