(Dropped) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD rumored to have insider builds.

GH440

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: (On Hold) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD have Insider Builds now 10.0.10586.122!

Could this be the issue. On the insider page listing supported phones (Blu not yet listed) it states that "Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview currently works with the following phones?as long as they have at least 8 GB of storage, Windows Phone 8.1 was already installed on the phone at the time of purchase, and the version number is 8.10.14219.341 or earlier".
My phone states that the OS version is "8.10.15137.148". Perhaps using the WDRT to reset the phone to an earlier version of Windows 8.1 will resolve the issue.
Will try it later when I have time.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: (On Hold) Blu Win HD LTE and Blu Win HD have Insider Builds now 10.0.10586.122!

Could this be the issue. On the insider page listing supported phones (Blu not yet listed) it states that "Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview currently works with the following phones—as long as they have at least 8 GB of storage, Windows Phone 8.1 was already installed on the phone at the time of purchase, and the version number is 8.10.14219.341 or earlier".
My phone states that the OS version is "8.10.15137.148". Perhaps using the WDRT to reset the phone to an earlier version of Windows 8.1 will resolve the issue.
Will try it later when I have time.

That sounds promising... And WDRT does restore to an earlier version than current official...

I'll give it a go since I don't have any data to loose. Just have to make sure I don't get any OTA. LOL.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

That sounds promising... And WDRT does restore to an earlier version than current official...

I'll give it a go since I don't have any data to loose. Just have to make sure I don't get any OTA. LOL

WDRT gives you 8.10.14226.359...

I've denied a download for update... Gone in the store and canceled a bunch of App updates as well.

Installing Insider...

Selecting Release Preview... Denied due to pending update. Initiating Soft Reset to forget that an update is waiting. That doesn't work.

The update is the critical patch for random reboot. NOT the Update 2 upgrade. Applying patch...

The phone reboots and is searching for updates automatically. Seems to be no stopping it. I had a server error though and that halted the discovery.

Even with the random reboot patch the OS is still 14226.359.

No Insider love yet.

Reboot...

Select Release Preview.

No update found... Not even the one to move to 8.1 Update 2. Looks like Insider request is blocking the normal OTA, but I also can't move to 10.

I'm going to park here (on 8.1 Update 1) and await further developments.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I tried all the same things yesterday, my HD W510u is also on 8.10.14226.359 which is newer than 8.10.14219.341 by build number. Also no 10 here.
The HD LTE updated right through to 8.1 Update 2, so Insider didn't stop that one.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

There is still no word on Blu receiving any updates pertaining to Windows 10 Mobile. Vodafone made a comment about Windows 10 Mobile being released today, but I'm highly skeptical as releases are generally done on a Tuesday. I tried this weekend on and off to get W10M on my Blu to no avail. Let's see what information is released today.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Just wondering...?
Has Microsoft backtracked on upgrading non Lumia phones to Windows 10 and just hasn't admitted it?
The "Support Engineers" in their forum sure seem to point that way without coming right out and admitting it.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA144485&token=w-DuZAKf
That web page specifically states that only phones that run Lumia Demin may upgrade!

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering...?
Has Microsoft backtracked on upgrading non Lumia phones to Windows 10 and just hasn't admitted it?
The "Support Engineers" in their forum sure seem to point that way without coming right out and admitting it.
FAQ - Will Windows 10 update be available for my Lumia phone? - Microsoft - USA
That web page specifically states that only phones that run Lumia Demin may upgrade!

You can't use a support page for Lumia phones to point as evidence that a Blu phone (ie, not a Lumia) will or won't be upgraded to WM10...that linked page is specifically discussing Lumia phones...nothing to do with Blu.

I believe Gabe's twitter...but we simply aren't seeing it...we will eventually.

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

Haha why not? I was in their forum asking questions and their "support engineer" referred me to that page. I figured the same as you but don't get anything else for a response. It wasn't what I wanted to hear either.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Haha why not? I was in their forum asking questions and their "support engineer" referred me to that page. I figured the same as you but don't get anything else for a response. It wasn't what I wanted to hear either.

Why not? If you don't understand that our phones are made by Blu, and aren't Lumia's...and therefore never get the 'color' firmware updates, that they're only for Lumia's...then I can't help you.

In addition, listening to low level MS support staff is about as reliable as going to your carrier's physical store and asking them...they're the last to know.

You're attempting to push a panic button...feel free...those who understand the differences understand your link is irrelevant to a Blu phone.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

anyone try to see if the .164 update is available for us yet? My Blu phone is at home today...

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site

Coming late here but L640 have installed 8.1 update 2 and applies for insider, our blu's have too and don't applies??? Someone explain that to me please. And sorry for my bad English

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

Coming late here but L640 have installed 8.1 update 2 and applies for insider, our blu's have too and don't applies??? Someone explain that to me please. And sorry for my bad English

Essentially, Blu Win HD LTE is supposed to be in the Insider program now (as of last week). However, none of us are seeing any early Insider builds. We're all on 8.1 GDR2 still...

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site

Essentially, Blu Win HD LTE is supposed to be in the Insider program now (as of last week). However, none of us are seeing any early Insider builds. We're all on 8.1 GDR2 still...

I reached out to Gabe a few times, but he's dodging the question, big time. Makes me wonder...

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I reached out to Gabe a few times, but he's dodging the question, big time. Makes me wonder...
Exactly
Same here. I was very polite just asked if there was any news on it. No reply.
In MS support forums got a support engineers attention and also has a VIP mod from another forum directly ask for clarification and suddenly nothing....
If it were a little glitch I'd expect it to be resolved. It's been almost a week .

shakeyplace

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

One last post for this thread, this is just speculation, but I see build 10586.122 has been pulled from the Windows update servers, it's been completely replaced with this new 10586.164 build. So my speculation is this will never be released. I'm not trying to start anything, just information. Hopefully build 10586.164 has support for those four new phones as well. I don't know.
Mobile.JPG

I'm snooping as much as I can, from what little I know. I see that the new build at least has support for the SOC 8916, I found it by name. So that build is definitely capable of supporting the WIN HD LTE, I also found support for the SOC 8x12, the WIN HD model has a SOC 8612, so let's hope that is it! If the chipsets are supported then I'm sure they can support the devices should they choose to!

Last edited:

Mike Caruso

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site

I can say that as of 7:54am, March 10, 2016, in Ottawa, Canada that no build is showing for the WinHD LTE yet .....

Sniff ... :cry:

anon9699264

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Same in UK.

To call it disappointing doesn't come near. Phone is now factory reset and in the box ready for sale.

Back to Marshmallow, Octacore, 4Gb ram, 4G ....... a real phone!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

I guess I don't understand why you think that only .122 was going to support the Blu phone? There was a front page article saying that .122 was pulled in favor of .164. Most believe that is the GA release barring some major issue. There's so much more that goes into adding a phone into the Insider Program...maybe technically MS has it loaded & ready to go, but Blu asked them to hold off? Could be that Blu wants the GA WM10 upgrade and then after that we'll become available...

Truth is, none of us know. I'm sure Gabe does...but apparently, he's not up to sharing. Yeah, its a bummer that we're not seeing the update, but we've waiting this long...another week or 2 isn't gonna kill anyone. I'd rather have a stable release over an unstable one...

We're picking up another one in anticipation of the upgrade. My wife wants off the iPhone 6.

One last post for this thread, this is just speculation, but I see build 10586.122 has been pulled from the Windows update servers, it's been completely replaced with this new 10586.164 build. So my speculation is this will never be released. I'm not trying to start anything, just information. Hopefully build 10586.164 has support for those four new phones as well. I don't know.
View attachment 123450

I'm snooping as much as I can, from what little I know. I see that the new build at least has support for the SOC 8916, I found it by name. So that build is definitely capable of supporting the WIN HD LTE, I also found support for the SOC 8x12, the WIN HD model has a SOC 8612, so let's hope that is it! If the chipsets are supported then I'm sure they can support the devices should they choose to!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb