BLU Win HD LTE Continuum

rrvenki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm able to project mobile UI (along with audio) over WiFi to my LED TV which is using same WiFi at home. However as I'm currently using Windows 8.1 Update 2, I'm not sure if I should still buy Continuum Dock. As there is no Win 10 yet - could not test.
Someone who can share your mobile screen on an LED TV over WiFi and have installed Win 10 Mobile, let us know if you are in Continuum mode or just mobile UI projection.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That, and most phones cannot do Continuum. You can project the mobile screen and maybe even monkey with Windows 10 Mobile's scaling setting to get something resembling tablet mode like on the 1520, but you will not get Continuum.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
No previous gen phones are capable of continuum. Careful what you wish for as well, as continuum is pretty sketchy at present. Wirelessly, it is very glitchy. Only a few apps are set up for it at the moment as well.

Don't think it will be too long before continuum devices from other OEM's join the jade primo etc. Hopefully that will drive prices of devices down

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, HP, Jade Primo, and a couple in Japan (Vaio, Mouse?) are already on the way, and of course the 950 & 950 XL.

Blu is not a continuum device. I do use the Windows Wireless Display Adapter with mine, and it works...Ok. You're not broadcasting 1080p video to the TV, it stutters & it does have a certain 'lag' to it. Not terrible, but it is noticeable.

So you can use it, and you can use a BT keyboard to type, however, that is not continuum.

My Galaxy S6 works better with the MS Wireless Display Adapter than the Blu does...and it should...its a much higher spec'd device. I suspect a Lumia 950 would work great as well.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, HP, Jade Primo, and a couple in Japan (Vaio, Mouse?) are already on the way, and of course the 950 & 950 XL.

Blu is not a continuum device. I do use the Windows Wireless Display Adapter with mine, and it works...Ok. You're not broadcasting 1080p video to the TV, it stutters & it does have a certain 'lag' to it. Not terrible, but it is noticeable.

So you can use it, and you can use a BT keyboard to type, however, that is not continuum.

My Galaxy S6 works better with the MS Wireless Display Adapter than the Blu does...and it should...its a much higher spec'd device. I suspect a Lumia 950 would work great as well.

I am intrigued by the Vaio option, but alas, it seems to be home market only :-( . The jade also looks a nice piece of kit, especially as the dock is there already, unlike MSFT, who want to squeeze a bit more out of you! I missed the offer by around 5 mins or so after scraping enough together! Gutted. Still think they should offer something as we were buying something that was approaching 'unfit for purpose'.

rrvenki

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
If W10M device is capable of detecting the Dock device and stream the Audio/Video via the USB to HDMI and create appropriate UI (Continuum UI), what stops the phone to work the same way instead of the Dock but a WiFi/LiFi connection? Ok understand the stream speed which is still manageable within a home network with the router speeds at 600MBPS...
Myself being an electronics and Computer Science guy think the Dock is just a myth and its functionality can definitely be possible if there is a quality WiFi/LiFi at home. Or sooner the Chinese will start making cheaper Docks with which every W10M is going to work.
I spoke to BLU and they said they have Dock available for BLU Win HD LTE already. I'm yet to test it though.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to BLU and they said they have Dock available for BLU Win HD LTE already. I'm yet to test it though.

I'm not questioning you...but I don't believe that Blu has a Continuum dock ready for a second. It doesn't have anywhere near the RAM requirements to power it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett