Get Windows 10 through Upgrade Advisor (X150q Americas Variant)

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 is available for Blu Win HD LTE!

Get the Upgrade Advisor app, run it, then check for updates.

Enjoy!

Link: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...2Fupdateadvisor%2F9nblggh0f5g4&token=uXj6k930

Blu Win HD LTE X150Q Variants only:

Mine wasn't showing the update for .164 for Windows 10. I was stuck on .107. Following the information received from @dorelse

Anyways, here's how I got the update to appear:

-Download Windows Insider
-Sign up and join the Fast Ring (I'm not resetting to see if other rings work for this).
-Reboot and go to updates.
-Install the configuration update.
-Reboot again when it prompts.
-Open Windows Insider and go to the Production Ring
-Open Windows Update and Check for Updates
-.164 should download.

Let me know if this helps =D

Last edited by a moderator:

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Not for X150E is an EU version is very bad or coming later perhap

Mine won't get it yet. I think I'll have to do a full reset cause I think insider didn't fully remove me from the builds, but kept some settings that may be fubaring my phone. I have hope for the EU. A lot of Blu phones are over there, so maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

Testeur 1970

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I installed Upgrade Advisor app but unfortunately I receive this message : "Windows 10 is not available for your device, we try to detect if your device can be upgraded to windows 10"....
I have the EU version.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...I have a US variant, App store doesn't even show the UpdateAdvisor app for me. <sigh> Can't seem to find a way to get this started today...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
For those not seeing Update Advisor...here's how I got it to work.

First...set your IE Browser to ask for the Mobile site vs. Desktop site. Close browser. Go back in and follow the links from WPCentral...you should now be able to 'Get the App' using the button in the browser.

The Desktop version setting in IE messes everything up...once I did that...it all started working.

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I've installed the Upgrade Advisor after following links in IE, and I have run it. An update is apparently available for my BLU win HD LTE, but that is as far as I am going for now. :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
FWIW... It's taking its time on 1520.3 as well.

Reports seem to be coming in that .107 installs, others go on to say they updated to .164 immediately after.

Imma do BLU next for the selling point.

Since slooksterpsv and dorelse have this device covered so well, I'm blogging it up on the 1520 forum.

Thanks, you two, for all your hard work on this front.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
And we're upgrading!!! (Had to clear some additional room on main memory...)

Gears a spinning...if this is like the 640...it'll sit and sit with no progress (for 10 mins) and then go from Zero to Complete in about 30 secs.

I'll keep everyone posted.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
And we're upgrading!!! (Had to clear some additional room on main memory...)

Gears a spinning...if this is like the 640...it'll sit and sit with no progress (for 10 mins) and then go from Zero to Complete in about 30 secs.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Thank you for the update dorelse. At 12:15PM MST the update still wasn't showing as available for my phone. Do you know approx when it hit yours?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the update dorelse. At 12:15PM MST the update still wasn't showing as available for my phone. Do you know approx when it hit yours?

I downloaded & installed the Update Advisor, did that whole process. It said I had an update available...went to 'update my phone' and nothing. Rebooted the phone, nothing...just keep checking at that point and after a few tries and minutes went by, it triggered.

(I did drop out of the insider as well.)

I think you just have to keep checking after the Update Advisor says there's an update available and it'll eventually go...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
3/4 of the way done...at the point where its going to sit and chug now. I'm off to a meeting, I'll report back in an hour...hopefully with very good news.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6