Get Windows 10 through Upgrade Advisor (X150q Americas Variant)

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Using the link i was able to install upgrade advisor on the European version but after checking it says no update is available.

I have a feeling EU is left out only for a short time. I'd inquire with Gabe Aul on twitter, see if he knows why. My guess is it has something to do with legal. That's my best guess.

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Blu win hd lte us version here, update is ready to download. When I get home I'll do the installation.... Thank for the links!!!

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Wtf, where is the eu version ? Lumia is doing so much better in eu than us ...
I am angry a bit ...

With every right to be. The only thing I can think of is possibly a legal issue. Otherwise its Blu holding back. Seems odd that they would release for one variant and not another. =/ We feel ya.

Niclas Aarestrup

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
As far as I know the x150e variant isn't just EU but pretty much anywhere but Northern America, so also ie India and seems there's an x150u version as well. So its quite a large market they are keeping waiting for some daft reason apparently 😒

Last edited:

EricGagne3

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Warning to those who are palnning on upgrading, this is a long process.

- Download, fairly quick, juste a few minutes
- Installation started by saying it would take 5 to 10 minutes or maybe longer, it was actually more like 45.
- Then after the reboot it started migrating my data, it has been at it for nearly 20 minutes and has been stuck at 63% on step 18 of 22 for about 15 minutes.

I really don't like the way this last step works, there is no animation on the screen, impossible to know if something is still going on or if the phone is frozen.,

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Successfully updated my BLU WIN HD LTE (Canada) x150q version.

1. You have to get the Upgrade Advisor App manually from any of the browser links. Open it up in the Store App and then install it. Open the App, and click "Check Update". It'll tell you an update is available for your phone and you'll have to click the "Enable" checkbox to allow your phone to get it.
  2. Then go to the Settings > Update on your phone, and it'll tell you an Update is available. Click Update. It'll "Download" and "Prepare" the update for like 10-15min.
  3. It'll restart the phone, and go into the "Gears" spinning for about 25m.
  4. It'll restart again, and show the BLU initial screen, then restart again, and show the BLU initial screen again and go into an "Almost Done..." window where it says migrating your data for about 10m.
  5. Your phone will start into Windows 10 Mobile for the first time! The About window states you'll have OS Build: 10.0.10586.107.
  6. You will want to go to Setting > Update again and check for Updates. It'll say there is another update to update you to 10.0.10586.164. Once you search for Updates, it'll automatically start downloading it saying "This update can help make your phone work even better". It'll "Download" this second update and "Prepare" for about 15-20mins.
  7. It'll say a restart has been scheduled for you phone. Click the "Restart now" button.
  8. It'll restart the phone, and go into the "Gears" spinning again for about 20m.
  9. It'll go into the "Almost Done..." window where it says migrating your data for about 10m again...
  10. Your phone will start into Windows 10 Mobile for the second time! The About window states you'll have OS Build: 10.0.10586.164. Go and check for "Updates" one last time to confirm you have all the latest updates.
  11. After you are on the latest OS Build, go to the Store App, click the "Check for Updates" inside the Store App and update all the Apps. (After a "Clean Reset", I had 27 App updates to perform).
And about 2h from the start of the process, you'll have Windows 10 Mobile, version 10.0.10586.164 on your BLU WIN HD LTE.

Initial Impressions... everything seems very snappy and smooth. I'm liking it. Playing with the Settings now.

NOTE: After the upgrade some of my settings were messed up a bit (like brightness and such). I did a factory reset after I was on the latest Windows 10 Mobile version. Go to SYSTEM > ABOUT > RESET YOUR PHONE to wipe everything and start from a "clean" Windows 10 Mobile state. If you do Reset your phone, it'll do one last restart into the "Gears" screen and take about 10m. Then it'll start into the initial W10M Setup Wizard. If you do this, and can't log into your microsoft account, try to type the ".com" out manually, and don't use the ".com" button from the keyboard. This caused issues with me not being able to login. After your Clean Reset go to the Store App and search for Updates. I had 27 App updates after a Clean Reset.

NOTE: I was able to get the .164 update without going into any Insider Ring or anything. I am not a member of the Insider Program.

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yep, took about 45 mins... That got me to .107. I'm still waiting for the latest fixes to download. I just opted back into the Insider ring and took the Release Preview option. That started off another round of configuation and upgrades, hoping that's the .164 patch level.

aluti

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I got the update installed through Update Advisor, but its very choppy, slow and hot so far. Still installing many of my apps, so that may be the issue. I'm going to look at it again once everythin installs. Looks beautiful though.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I got the update installed through Update Advisor, but its very choppy, slow and hot so far. Still installing many of my apps, so that may be the issue. I'm going to look at it again once everythin installs. Looks beautiful though.

A reset may help too. Alcatel took a bit to settle with the Redstone updates. Its like it optimizes in the background. So play with it and let us know what you guys think. I'm sure someone will start a thread for issues being seen in the W10 build.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got some screen issues...stripes (different shades of blue) on the default homescreen, FB app has shaded outlines, etc. Really need to get to .164 to know of everything's ok.

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I've got some screen issues...stripes (different shades of blue) on the default homescreen, FB app has shaded outlines, etc. Really need to get to .164 to know of everything's ok.
I was able to get onto the .164 update just by doing a "Check for Updates" after the initial .107 update that it gave me. Note, I am NOT apart of the Insider Program or anything. I was just given the .164 update after I upgraded to the .107 update. (More info in the long post above yours).

Also make sure you go into the Store App, and, "Check for Updates" within there. I noticed a lot of Apps have updates (I had 27 app updates after a clean reset), including your Facebook App. Maybe that will fix your Facebook App Issues.

EDIT: After a clean reset, and update to .164 and Store App updates, I haven't noticed any screen issues anywhere.

EricGagne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I suppose there is something I don't know but I find utterly stupid that I have to go through 2 upgrades back to back and spend 5 hours on this. The update was released today, why did they not push 164 right away, why push 107 and then make us go through the whole thing again with 164 ?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I suppose there is something I don't know but I find utterly stupid that I have to go through 2 upgrades back to back and spend 5 hours on this. The update was released today, why did they not push 164 right away, why push 107 and then make us go through the whole thing again with 164 ?

Short answer: .107 is the 'full upgrade', .164 are post packaging fixes...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get onto the .164 update just by doing a "Check for Updates" after the initial .107 update that it gave me. Note, I am NOT apart of the Insider Program or anything. I was just given the .164 update after I upgraded to the .107 update. (More info in the long post above yours).

Also make sure you go into the Store App, and, "Check for Updates" within there. I noticed a lot of Apps have updates (I had 27 app updates after a clean reset), including your Facebook App. Maybe that will fix your Facebook App Issues.

EDIT: After a clean reset, and update to .164 and Store App updates, I haven't noticed any screen issues anywhere.

I can see the streaking issues across all apps, and on the home tile screen. I'll be doing a hard reset, no biggie, tomorrow...I'm on-call so need to have it working overnight.

Got the .164 update after opting back out of the Insider program, gone through all the app updates, looking good for now!

EricGagne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have problem using the store ? I can't open it, I get a message that there was an error opening Store and that there might be an update available..........................in the store :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo