The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-07-2017 01:33 AM
65 123
tools
    Initial bugs I've found. Maybe people can tell me if they are reproducible on their phones? It'd be nice to know if they are only my bugs, only BLU WIN HD LTE Phone bugs, or general Windows 10 Mobile bugs. I'm on OS Build: 10.0.10586.218. BLU Firmware: 15013.

Note: I did a factory reset (clean), and used the "English (Canada)" Language in the Setup Wizard.
    1. SYSTEM BUG: The Display Brightness doesn't remember the value. If you turn off "Automatic Brightness" and set it to 0%, then restart your phone, the Brightness gets set to a random value (14%, 22%, ect) on reboot.
    2. CAMERA APP: In the camera app, if you set it to video, and take a video, while taking a video if you zoom (pinch the screen), it'll have a bunch of garbage colours on the right side of the video, which gets recorded in the video as well).
    3. BLU_ROM BUG: After a clean reset (and at least with the "English(Canada)" Setup Wizard), then in the "Speech" settings, 7 languages are pre-installed (English (US), French (France), German, Spain, Chinese (Simplified), English (UK), English (India)). None of these are apart of Canada (English (Canada), French (Canada)). Also "English (UK)", is initially set as the Default Speech Language. Maybe a ROM misconfiguration on BLU's part. Anyone confirm they get these too? Also, no way to uninstall Speech Packs, so no way to remove them. Can only install new ones.
    4. SYSTEM BUG: In the Multitask window (hold back arrow), the Start Window has no icon listed (grey block).
    5. OUTLOOK APP: Can't press "Back" to get from Outlook App back to the Start Screen, like other Apps. Just sits and remains on Outlook like it was the Start Screen.

Annoyances (not really bugs) I've noticed:
    • CAMERA APP: No photo resolution option, only "Aspect Ratio", and only 2 options. The "4:3" will produce a 8MP photo, the "16:9" will produce a 1080p photo. No other options to produce a different sized photo.
    • MSN WEATHER APP: No longer can be set as a "Background Lockscreen". I assume other Apps can still do it. Any good ones out there?
    • STORE APP: Allow removal of Apps from your "Library" list... especially apps which no longer are supported on W10M devices...
    • BLU ROM DIFFERENCE: The Wifi icon in the top doesn't produce the "Incoming" and "Outgoing" arrows, that you see in the other W10M ROM's on Youtube. BLU disabled this specifically, why?
    • OS ANNOYANCE: Still no way to disable or remove the 2nd SIM icon in notification, on Dual Sim Phones.
    • OS ANNOYANCE: Still no LED Blinking Notification Light Option.
    • OS ANNOYANCE (MESSAGING): Very slow/clunky restoring my old SMS texts, but it eventually got there after playing with the option. With the new x.218 it still has not restored sms. Very poorly designed.
    • PEOPLE APP: Handles "Messenger" Contacts very poorly, splits the single contact into 2 unlinked contacts "Outlook" & "Microsoft Messenger". If you delete 1, other goes even if not linked. Both "Skype" and "Messenger" are labeled under "Microsoft Messenger". Poorly designed.
    • PEOPLE APP: Shouldn't show contacts without pictures on Live Tile. Poorly designed.
    • PEOPLE APP: Should allow to choose "Default" Contact when multiple contacts are linked together. Don't always default to the "Outlook" one for name.
    • MESSAGING APP: If you have multiple "Microsoft Messenger" (I.e. Skype/Messenger) contacts linked in a Contact, should allow you to choose which you want to send as when you send a "Skype" message. Currently will randomly send to either the Skype or the Messenger one without telling you. Should allow to switch like it does with multiple numbers via SMS.

BATTERY seems good!
    Let me know if you noticed any other Bugs, or let me know if you can (or can't) reproduce any of these bugs. Thanks!

You can see my initial setup procedure in this:
    ...Setup Procedure...
    Last edited by Codster314; 04-14-2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Adding more Bugs...
    03-18-2016 07:34 AM
    Build 107 Bugs:
    Specific Bug: Typing fast on the keyboard will miss characters still. Disabling magnifier (mine wasn't enabled) and disabling Swype only helped the issue minor.
    Update Bug: Some updates have shown in the store, but say error. If you tap to retry it will install.
    Update Bug: Some updates appear to hang on download or the progress and total are the same but increment at the same time e.g. 0.2/0.2 4.8/4.8.

#2 listed above regarding brightness happened even on 8.1.

Since mine didn't receive 164 as of 7:30PM MST last night I only know of bugs I'm seeing in build 107. They may be present in 164 as well.
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    03-18-2016 09:08 AM
    Here's the screen driver bug I'm seeing...this is across all apps, etc, etc, and not an issue with the FB app in anyway...but its the easiest to see. Notice the vertical bars going both down and up from the 'facebook' logo? Its everywhere. Hard to notice in most situations...

img_0019.jpg
    Rohan Maheria likes this.
    03-18-2016 01:25 PM
    Here's the screen driver bug I'm seeing...this is across all apps, etc, etc, and not an issue with the FB app in anyway...but its the easiest to see. Notice the vertical bars going both down and up from the 'facebook' logo? Its everywhere. Hard to notice in most situations...
    Hi there, I have exactly the same issue although phone is running 8.1 and it happened the next day I applied tempered glass to the screen. Maybe it was a coincidence, but it looks like screen controller IC got damaged somehow. Utterly annoying at maximum brightness. I haven't tried to remove glass though.

wp_20160318_21_34_38_pro.jpg
    03-18-2016 03:01 PM
    Well, I have a tempered glass protector too...but its been on there from day 1 (for 6 mos. or so)
    03-18-2016 03:10 PM
    Hi,
    I have a pretty annoying bug with Outlook Mail and Calendar. It seems like they run as the desktop apps, so without bottom app bar.
    Version is 17.6568.46332.0.
    I also have a Lumia 520 with Windows 10 (Insider), and the issue is not showing there. App version there is 17.6769.40332.0.

Please check the attached screenshot. Do you get that on your Blu Win HD LTE?
    wp_ss_20160318_0001.png

Thanks.
    03-19-2016 10:20 AM
    Hi,
    I have a pretty annoying bug with Outlook Mail and Calendar. It seems like they run as the desktop apps, so without bottom app bar.
    I also have a Lumia 520 with Windows 10 (Insider), and the issue is not showing there. App version there is 17.6769.40332.0.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160318_0001.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	123960

Thanks.
    Yep that's happening to me too. But the bug for me appears only when I set dpi at 200%, lower values don't glitch the interface. What percentage do you have?
    03-19-2016 10:47 AM
    It is indeed set to 200%, but is also happening on 150% and 175%.
    I hope Microsoft will fix this. The Mail app is the one thing I use most on my phone, and the experience right now is far from being user-friendly.
    03-19-2016 11:14 AM
    ...I haven't tried to remove glass though...

BLU Win HD LTE uses a One Glass Solution display. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Glass_Solution

BLU NEWS

...the Win HD LTE features... ...vivid 5.0" HD display. In the display you will also find BLU NexLens Technology (OGS + Full Lamination)...
    Everything is laminated to the glass. You can't service individual layers.
    03-19-2016 11:43 AM
    Hi there, I have exactly the same issue although phone is running 8.1 and it happened the next day I applied tempered glass to the screen. Maybe it was a coincidence, but it looks like screen controller IC got damaged somehow. Utterly annoying at maximum brightness. I haven't tried to remove glass though.

Name:	WP_20160318_21_34_38_Pro.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	123919
    That is really odd. I just launched mine and I don't have any streaking on my phone. I wonder if there were several sources for screens.
    The artifacts in this picture are reflections. The screen is actually really clear and no ghosting anywhere.

img_20160319_130012.jpg
    03-19-2016 12:03 PM
    Hi,
    Version is 17.6568.46332.0...
    My App is running 17.6568.46332.0. And the App is fine on my BLU WIN HD LTE. I've left all the DPI settings default. I have the bar on the left. If you rotate the phone does something appear?
    03-19-2016 05:15 PM
    Bug #1 is starting to become annoying for me. Does this happen to anyone else? or is it just my phone? Be nice to know if I can fix it with another Reset or something. See the attached picture for an illustration. If you have any white in your background image, it makes it unusable. Have to swipe right then left again after an unlock, or after u press back from an app which places you in the All Apps window.

allappsbug.jpg
    03-19-2016 05:27 PM
    Note: I did a factory reset (clean), and used the "English (Canada)" Language in the Setup Wizard.
    1. BLU_ROM BUG: After a clean reset (and at least with the "English(Canada)" Setup Wizard), then in the "Speech" settings, 5 languages are pre-installed (English (US), French (France), German, Spain, Chinese (Simplified)). None of these are apart of Canada (English (Canada), French (Canada)). If you install using English(US), do you get these 5 languages too? Also "German (German)", is initially set as the Default Speech Language. Maybe a ROM misconfiguration on BLU's part. Anyone confirm they get these too? Also, no way to uninstall Speech Packs, so no way to remove them. Can only install new ones.
    2. SYSTEM / BLU ROM BUG: During initial Setup Wizard, I selected "English (Canada)". I noticed multiple Keyboards were present while typing my email.
    3. MAPS APP: Default navigation voice is some British Voice (I set up as English(CA)). Can't seem to change it anywhere, even though I have "Mark" listed in the Default Speech App Settings. Changing default Speech package doesn't change it either. Starting Navigation says u can have Street Names if you download, but brings you to Speech Settings, where there are no packages to download street names. Can anyone change the Navigation Voice?

Yes, I understand Australia English has the same issues, I suppose many more. It seems that Canada English is not a separate language, it's a regional localization and that seems to be an issue repeatedly whenever a major upgrade comes through. They seem to be working on it, lately mine keeps the Canada English option but still loses the speech and I need to re-download it. I get this with both PC and phone.
    The Navigation voice is the default app voice. If you download more language packs you seem to get more voice options as you get more languages. Change voices through "All Settings -> Time and Language -> Speech (near the bottom under text to speech)
    I was also greeted with the German default, must be how BLU set up the LTE model phones.
    As for the multiple keyboards when typing email, I believe you swipe left/right on the space bar to switch between keyboards, hope that helps.
    Last edited by shakeyplace; 03-19-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    03-19-2016 09:23 PM
    I don't have any white in my background but I see how that happens. When you swipe over to "All Apps" the background darkens so to show the text better. When you unlock or go back to the "All Apps" screen it doesn't do that unless as you say, you swipe over to the main screen and back again. I don't think that is just the BLU models, It's to OS itself. (Definitely not just your phone)
    03-19-2016 09:44 PM
    Hi,

No, same app version as yours. My App bar is on the left though. Looking around to see if I can duplicate that, Maybe something to do with text size settings?
    03-19-2016 09:59 PM
    Hi shakeyplace and Coster314.

From what you're describing, I understand you've got the issue as well but you don't know it ;).
    I'll try to explain better. I'm not talking about the hamburger menu. On Windows 10 Mobile, Outlook Mail and Calendar is supposed to have a bottom app bar. I've confirmed it on my Lumia 520 and on a friend's Lumia 950 XL.

You can take a look at the screenshots below (coming from the Windows 10 Mobile 720p 5" Emulator):
    windows-10-mobile-720p-courrier-outlook.pngwindows-10-mobile-720p-courrier-outlook-2.png

Notice the buttons on the bottom of the screen? That's what I'm talking about. This is what we're used to since Windows Phone 7!
    I don't understand what's wrong with the Win HD LTE. The Emulator was also running version 17.6568.46332.0...
    03-19-2016 10:38 PM
    Bug #1 is starting to become annoying for me. Does this happen to anyone else? or is it just my phone? Be nice to know if I can fix it with another Reset or something. See the attached picture for an illustration. If you have any white in your background image, it makes it unusable. Have to swipe right then left again after an unlock, or after u press back from an app which places you in the All Apps window.

Name:	allappsbug.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	123990
    yes i am also experiencing the same issue here on my 730. after unlocking the screen the dark shade just vanishes.
    03-20-2016 12:33 AM
    original.jpg

windows logo is still missing. such basic bugs aren't fixed yet. i believe it will take dozen more updates to make it a functional windows 10
    03-20-2016 12:39 AM
    Notice the buttons on the bottom of the screen? That's what I'm talking about. This is what we're used to since Windows Phone 7!
    I don't understand what's wrong with the Win HD LTE. The Emulator was also running version 17.6568.46332.0...
    My buttons are on the left of the screen. I have left all the DPI settings default on my BLU device. and did a factory reset. So I think this is how it should look like. Functionality wise it seems like everything is there that I need. Reply/create/ect.
    In the message, the reply and such are at the top of the screen.

1.jpg
    03-20-2016 12:48 AM
    yes i am also experiencing the same issue here on my 730. after unlocking the screen the dark shade just vanishes.
    Sometimes, after unlocking, the screen is too bright. I guess Wp10M has some bug to do with the automatic brightness sensor
    03-20-2016 02:14 AM
    The Navigation voice is the default app voice. If you download more language packs you seem to get more voice options as you get more languages. Change voices through "All Settings -> Time and Language -> Speech (near the bottom under text to speech).
    Yea, but the option "Change the default voice for apps" doesn't affect the Navigation voice in the Maps App. I've changed it to "MARK" - a male voice, but when I do some navigation in the Maps App, it has a Female british voice. No matter what voice I change to in the "Default Apps Voice" under "Speech", it is always that British female. Does it change for you? If you have a male or female, try changing it to the opposite gender person, and start navigation. Does it actually change for you? Cuz it doesn't for me - I do not even have the English (UK) pack installed. Only English (Canada), and English (US), neither should have that british female voice.

Yea the multiple keyboards are fine, I knew how to change them. I just mean the ".com" button seemed to put ".c" in the log-in during Setup wizard. But showed as ".com". Made it a very frustrating time trying to log-in to the Microsoft Account. Not too sure what caused it. The ".com" works fine now. I'll test again next time I Reset the phone and go into the SetUp wizard.
    03-20-2016 02:45 AM
    For me in the all apps section I don't have any picture at all, only black (same as 8.1) and the mails don't have lateral or bottom bars, so no way to go configuration,etc. I'm going to attach a image when know how to do it from the app... Win central new app is confusing....
    03-20-2016 12:02 PM

Name:	original.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	124007

windows logo is still missing. such basic bugs aren't fixed yet. i believe it will take dozen more updates to make it a functional windows 10
    I agree @ a dozen more updates..

Can you share that wallpaper? :)
    03-20-2016 12:34 PM
    I agree @ a dozen more updates..

Can you share that wallpaper? :)
    windows-10-lock-screen.jpg

here :)
    ttsoldier likes this.
    03-20-2016 01:37 PM

Name:	allappsbug.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	123990
    It's an OS bug that happens on all TH2 (10586) builds of W10M, regardless of the handset.

The issue has been fixed in the latest Redstone development build (for Lumia 50-series insiders on the fast ring).
    03-20-2016 01:49 PM
65 123