BLU HD LTE 150e

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Quick question:
Is there any update planned for the BLU HD LTE 150e (EUROPE version) for windows 10 mobile?
Yes/No? There was no specification on their website stating that only specific regions will be eligible for it.

The following response that I have got on email is just stupid:

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting BLU Products. We are happy to help you!

We apologize for the inconvenience, at this time there are no updates available for your device. We strive to keep our devices as updated as possible, and are always working toward improving the performance we provide. If an update for your device is made available, we will let everyone know through our Facebook fan page. Please check us out on Facebook for all news related to your device.

Should you have any additional questions please contact us at 1-877-602-8762 (Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm EST).

Thank you for choosing BLU!"

Thanks, Best Regards!

suppax

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
same thing applies to x130e, funny it's still advertised like this on amazon: " Windows 10
At launch the Win JR LTE will have Windows 8.1 but soon after will have a Windows 10 upgrade."

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys tweeted at Gabe, or possibly one of the MS guys on this site to try and get a more direct response? I guess I've never doubted you guys aren't getting it??

Rohan Maheria

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I think win 10 for global variant will come after several days like factory image. Maybe Blu likes to soft release update in American market before releasing for global variant.

Bharath Patel

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I installed upgrade advisor on xolo win Q1000 after check and says good news device eligible for windows 10 so when can I get update for this device

RMT1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I have found the same problem with my X150E. It's disappointing to say the least if our variant does not receive the upgrade. I hope rowan maheria is right and it will follow soon

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Well if they don't, then they have been falsely advertising. So there's always various legal legislation to fall back on to get a refund.

You probably wouldn't get much of a refund. Depends how long ago you bought it, how old it is, how long you have been using it for. Value of tech also drops quickly. You may get 10 - 20 dollars. Maybe MS will do a trade in deal for users on phones that can't be updated. Who knows. Just adding some hope for you. :D

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
It become a grave mystery that whether blu win hd lte x150e will actually get win 10 mobile upgrade in India. Every time whenever I run win 10 upgrade advisor app it keeps telling me that win 10 isn't available as they are determing whether my phone can be eligible to run win10. Right now Blu win hd lte is the perfect candidate to run wm10 successfully.Both MS & Blue are keeping their mouth shut.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Have you guys tweeted at Gabe, or possibly one of the MS guys on this site to try and get a more direct response? I guess I've never doubted you guys aren't getting it??

I asked Gabe on twitter twice but it seems he is quite busy or mostly he doesn't have proper answer for this issue.

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
You probably wouldn't get much of a refund. Depends how long ago you bought it, how old it is, how long you have been using it for. Value of tech also drops quickly. You may get 10 - 20 dollars. Maybe MS will do a trade in deal for users on phones that can't be updated. Who knows. Just adding some hope for you. :D

Based in uk, so sog act and distance selling regs will apply, as well as the false advertising. Am sure it won't come to that though, but I have that to fall back on, as do all those in uk who bought from Amazon.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
On the UK store I don't see Blu listed for phones =/. Umm..... maybe you could backup the radio settings, install it via the x150q variant and reflash the radio portion back on? =/ I'm not sure what MS is doing.

Testeur 1970

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I am frmFrance and have also bought my Blu Win HD LTE from amazon.co.uk ! I bought it because this device should support win 10 !!! Today I am very disapointed if Blu or M$ confirm that the EU device will not have windows 10 mobile...

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Based in uk, so sog act and distance selling regs will apply, as well as the false advertising. Am sure it won't come to that though, but I have that to fall back on, as do all those in uk who bought from Amazon.

Well, I don't see why this phone wouldn't be upgradeable unless Blu doesn't want to support a newer firmware. It's like the Verizon Icon, this is not because of MS I assure you, the phone destroys a lot of the phones that are supported. But MS has to work with Verizon to get it onto Windows 10 and Verizon is a horrible company from what I keep hearing.

I think a trade-in campaign would definitely be a show of good faith and, hey it would help MS get more people on windows 10 without hardcore delays with code.

Someone should start a twitter tag of #MicrosoftTradeInCampaign or something hehe.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't see why this phone wouldn't be upgradeable unless Blu doesn't want to support a newer firmware. It's like the Verizon Icon, this is not because of MS I assure you, the phone destroys a lot of the phones that are supported. But MS has to work with Verizon to get it onto Windows 10 and Verizon is a horrible company from what I keep hearing.

I think a trade-in campaign would definitely be a show of good faith and, hey it would help MS get more people on windows 10 without hardcore delays with code.

Someone should start a twitter tag of #MicrosoftTradeInCampaign or something hehe.

There were no firmware updates needed...it was only a Win10 upgrade...they just need to open the gates for you guys...

Wolfie_Smith

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
To clarify, was purchased from Amazon UK, who along with BLU stated it would get Win 10. Nothing to do with MS. Clearly advertised by Blu that it would get Win 10. Based in UK and purchased in UK, sold and advertised subject to U K law.

Jignesh Jain2

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Blu win JR has been removed from windows 10 upgrade (Microsoft page)which was advertised as windows10 phone.
Now I doubt about ours
Though I checked today morning Amazon.in it still says upgrade when available so I'm optimistic.
However in case it's not updated I would definitely will be filling a refund case . Or move to law.

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
It is quite strange and I feel frustrated and let down by MS. Why X150E was ruled out after promising the upgrade? What is the difference from X150Q? I can see that 150E is dual sim and may be the LTE support bands are different.
Amazon India is still showing it as up-gradable to Windows 10.
8MP Autofocus Camera with LED Flash, Video Recording with 2MP Front Camera
5-inch (12.7 cm) HD IPS capacitive touchscreen with 720 x 1080 pixels resolution and 294 ppi pixel density with BLU NexLens Technology (OGS)
Windows Phone v8.1 operating system (upgradable to Windows v10) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 410, Quad-Core 1.2GHz Cortex A53, 64-Bit architecture with Adreno 306 GPU; 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory expandable up to 32GB and 4G dual SIM
2500mAH lithium-polymer battery providing talk-time of 26 hours and standby time of 775 hours
1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase

I must also add that I bought this HD LTE in last week of Jan. I was looking for Lumia 640 but found that it is not available online (did not check with any retail shops for old stocks). Later I learned that MS withdrew it while launching L550. I was definitely looking for Windows 10 but did not want 550 due to its low end h/w spec. Then looking for alternatives, I came across this Blu Win HD LTE (I had not even heard about Blu before) and found the h/w to be amazing and it was up-gradable to W10. So I bought it without a second thought even though I had read about screen issues.

Now all kinds of thoughts flash through my mind - no universal apps, no apps that are released only for W10, no direct speech to text in apps, switchable keyboard layout.... oh man..... really pissed off. won't recommend windows phone to my friend who is planning to buy new phone (I was one of the windows phone defenders (out of a total of 2) in my office. the other has 640)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs