BLU HD LTE 150e

suppax

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting pissed.
Non US jr lte has the same specs of hd lte (1gb ram, 8gb rom, snap 410) except the screen, lumias with lower specs were updated to win 10...
I bought it just because it was clearly stated that it would have been upgraded to win 10, if I knew that this wasn't true, I would have bought something else.

We didn't even get the chance to join insider and we don't have yet a recovery image to use wdrt.

Jignesh Jain2

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
How about getting official statement from BLU, we can write emails to them asking for refund since we were eligible for upgrade as advertised. And making them understand that we can file a law suit under consumer protection act herein India.
If anybody have their email Ids please pass on .
Also for Indian jurisdiction I am ready to file a suit, but before that we need an official statement from them that they are not updating or even they say we don't know

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Today I called Blu helpline no India.The agent told me that the higher authorities of Blu are currently working very hard to solve the problem as there's is some issue is going on. He assured me that the upgrade will come till end of this month. This information for Blu win HD lte x150e. Blu helpline India is: 91-01204970920.

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Abhijit. I too have send a message from their web page. Lets hope they come up with a good news, although there are only 10 more days in March.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Well its too early to say because currently there are technical issues which i think both blu and microsoft are trying to solve this problem.Did you run upgrade advisor app? i did it and currently it says that it is not available and they are determining this issue. So let's hope for the best.I think they will give the upgrade since win hd lte is has latest hardware.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
It is quite strange and I feel frustrated and let down by MS. Why X150E was ruled out after promising the upgrade? What is the difference from X150Q? I can see that 150E is dual sim and may be the LTE support bands are different.
Amazon India is still showing it as up-gradable to Windows 10.

I must also add that I bought this HD LTE in last week of Jan. I was looking for Lumia 640 but found that it is not available online (did not check with any retail shops for old stocks). Later I learned that MS withdrew it while launching L550. I was definitely looking for Windows 10 but did not want 550 due to its low end h/w spec. Then looking for alternatives, I came across this Blu Win HD LTE (I had not even heard about Blu before) and found the h/w to be amazing and it was up-gradable to W10. So I bought it without a second thought even though I had read about screen issues.

Now all kinds of thoughts flash through my mind - no universal apps, no apps that are released only for W10, no direct speech to text in apps, switchable keyboard layout.... oh man..... really pissed off. won't recommend windows phone to my friend who is planning to buy new phone (I was one of the windows phone defenders (out of a total of 2) in my office. the other has 640)

The only difference is that the size of the recovery image file for both x150q and x150e. I have both the recovery image files. x150q is about 1.67gb which is downloaded via WDRT(didn't know that it was for US variant.) The other is x150e which is about 1.76gb. I believe somehow Blu skipped the E version for no reason. Let's hope they provide necessary firmware and recovery file image to MS.

Last edited:

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
After a bit of playing with the firmwares (cross flashing) and as confirmed by another member in another thread about x150e, the difference between x150e and x150q appears to be in the device firmware (I suppose they are using different radio chips), however remembering the amount of time it took MS from the release of x150q image to WDRT and then to the release of w10m on it, I think that w10m won't happen on x150e by the end of March.

x150q appears to be running lower firmware version, while x150e runs on a newer fw version, so from the development perspective it looks alright, however if you look into WDRT for all the blu models it lists the variant except for WIN HD LTE, that might lead to a suggestion that BLU is trying to join up the firmwares (as can be recalled from older registry hacks, even unsupported devices could run w10m and MS did warn that it might cause the device to end up in a non working state, however it worked and it suggests that correct drivers were included for all the lumias, thus not bricking the phones), so IMO there will be a firmware upgrade from BLU (maybe they'll even fix some bugs like the touchscreen issue) and because of that it takes more amount o time to release it to the worldwide audience and BLU is simply following One-Some-Many update approach (issues in a specific area are better than worldwide) as MS did with all the releases where one means internal testing, some - release to a group of users i.e. US variant (or Insider program from MS perspective), and then worldwide upgrade should follow and possibly with the firmware upgrade which could also explain technical issues between MS and BLU, if my assumptions are correct x150q should get fw upgrade before we will see w10m on x150e, however it should be way more stable than what x150q have now.

Last edited:

Luca Brasi1

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
if BLU is not in charge to updating, why they feel secure to advertise this un-correct information? If you are able to do this, then publicize it.
If not, please...be correct, and cancel this wrong message (= publicity in order to sell more...)

max-8x

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I got the following response from BLU support:

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting BLU Products. We are happy to help you!
Unfortunately the release for this device has been delayed. Our Software Engineers are working with Microsoft to ensure that the new software update is stable for your device. We apologize for the long wait and appreciate your patience.
Should you have any additional questions please contact us at 1-877-602-8762 (Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm EST).
Thank you for choosing BLU!"

This sounds good ;)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I got the following response from BLU support:

"Hello,
Thank you for contacting BLU Products. We are happy to help you!
Unfortunately the release for this device has been delayed. Our Software Engineers are working with Microsoft to ensure that the new software update is stable for your device. We apologize for the long wait and appreciate your patience.
Should you have any additional questions please contact us at 1-877-602-8762 (Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm EST).
Thank you for choosing BLU!"

This sounds good ;)

Hey...that's awesome news! I can say that the US version has some stability issues as well. I wonder if its because of the language localization issues other phones are having...

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Let's just hope it arrives by the month's end

Let's hope for the best. I called on blu india helpine today and what they replied that their techincal support team is currently with MS through Microsoft timeline. I think they are already testing insider builds and hopefully solving the bugs. Currently US model has some stability issues.Who knows we might even gets a better smooth stable build. And by the way REDSTONE 1 build is on the way to the win 8.1 devices. We might get RS builds with tone of features. So let's wait and watch.

OhneZ

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I've also heard that Blu is currently working on a solution.
There are still some issues to resolve. Earliest date to be the end of March.
I'd rather wait and have since then a stable system.
The same should also apply to the EU version of the Blu Win JR LTE.

Tarun047

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Me too got same reply stating that they are currently working on the update for BLU WIN JR LTE x130e and it would be out by end of this month when I called BLU
help line India

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Let's just hope it arrives by the month's end
Reply today from Blu products e-mail:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to contact BLU Support.

This is with reference to your e-mail related to Windows 10 update in your phone.

We would like to confirm that our respective department is taking care of below mentioned issue , however it require some more time.

You have our assurance that the matter is receiving our full attention that we are making every effort to resolve the problem. We appreciate your time and patience.

Our primary objective is to address your concerns at the earliest and to ensure satisfaction.

Thanks & Regards,

BLU Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium