BLU HD LTE 150e

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've moved off my Blu 150q running WM10 for now. Too many things not working right, or consistently for me to use as a daily driver right now. I'm not saying 'be glad you didn't get it', that'd be stupid...but I will say this...if its your only phone, enjoy 8.1's stability and the fact that it 'just works' day in and out.

WM10 is gonna be really good, someday...

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Well, sad to hear that. I guess we will have to wait a lot more than expected (couple of months I believe since there are serious things to fix).

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, sad to hear that. I guess we will have to wait a lot more than expected (couple of months I believe since there are serious things to fix).

You can definitely use it. Here's what I'm seeing. Cortana...launch it, give her a voice command...it processes & crashes. Works the second time (usually). Typing text messages is a futile & frustrating task...it lags a bit and thus misses key presses...this is in addition to the '2 touch' issue that the Blu has always had...swype is the only thing that works. Edge crashes...I find the Outlook client terribly frustrating, and I seem to be stuck (as others have shown) in some kind of 'tablet' version that doesn't display Office (including Outlook) apps sized for the phone just right. Not sure on that as I don't have a comparison phone anymore.

Generally, it needs the bug fixes you're waiting for, and code optimization to really make it work & perform like 8.1. Oh...and I can't revert it back to 8.1 (I would if I could) as the WDRT no longer finds the 8.1 image I need.

Just trying to give some feedback for those stuck on 8.1. That isn't a horrible thing at this point...I'm sure others may not have the same issues I do, but that's my experience so far.

Tarun047

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
May be that's due to halt in windows 10 upgrade to BLU WIN HD LTE 150q, they don't want people to get back to windows 8.1. I think they would release a bug fix update to this device at the time of launch of release of windows 10 launch for global variant (e series)

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Well, that Cortana crash happens on lumia 640 too (I also reset the phone to factory settings).
in that case maybe there is chance to come faster than that. Who knows...

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody. I know many of us in this forum are waiting for the upgrade of blu win hd lte x150e.But one fellow from GSMArena.com - GSM phone reviews, news, opinions, votes, manuals and more... has claimed that he had successfully upgraded his x150e model in India to win 10. I asked him how he get it then he explained to me the steps which I followed but it didn't worked out.
Here is the procedure:
1)The phone should be unlocked to developer mode.It is done with the help of windows developer registration tool.(If you have a visual studio 2013 or higher installed on your pc then it is already integrated with it or else download win phone 8.1 sdk tools full or light version.)

2)Open the windows developer registration tool and connect the phone to the usb. The tool will identify the windows 8 device then click on register.
Use our Microsoft account credentials and sign in then the phone will be successfully unlocked to the developer mode.

3)Download the preview for developer app from the windows store.Enable the deveploper preview updates from the app.Connect the phone to the wifi and check for the updates.It will download a small developer preview configuration update(Remember it is the same update which was not successfully installed on many devices and giving the error as "update downloaded but could not be opened."So this update will only install only in developer unlock mode.)

4)While checking for the updates again open preview for developer app and untick the enable developer updates option in the app then uninstall the app from the phone.

5)Restart the phone and connect the phone to the wifi and check for the updates it will show you windows 10 update available.I did everything as he mentioned but nothing happened. So I installed windows insider app and chose insider slow ring. After that my phone was checking for the updates for one hour. But nope.Anyway he said that he will post detailed steps.I will once again give it a try.

BLU Win HD LTE - User opinions and reviews. This is the link.

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Abhijit, don't try this as this will ruin your network connectivity. The hack basically installs preview available for X150Q on your X150E. But since network bands are different in both, your network connectivity will be ruined completely.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
First of all Thanks to you for providing the link to download x150e 8.1 flash image and Microsoft ffutool. Finally I took a risk and flashed x150q 8.1 image (I downloaded earlier through onto WDRT) onto x150e model. I did this cause I wanted desperately to test the win 10 upgrade. What I did yesterday was at my own risk.
1) I have flashed the x150q us rom onto x150e.After flashing the firmware revision no was changed from 15009 to 15008 which is for us model.As expected there was no sim connection.
2)Immidiately downloaded upgrade advisor app. The update was available. After the heavy installation for 1 hour it was successful.The update was started with 10586.107.At the time it was extremely buggy but again checked for the update and downloaded 10586.164 the most stable build.The phone was successfully updated. Again did a hard reset and guess what the phone was absolutely performing flawlessly. I did not find any kind of bug in it. Again I am telling that after what I have experienced I was delighted. Microsoft has done a very hard work on this. Now what I learned is that both US and Europe models has only one difference is that the firmware revision no. But as of now this is the only my working phone so reflashed European rom into phone and reverted to win 8.1 and my both sims are now working perfectly. Now I think Blu has to submit the recovery image not for HD LTE but for JR LTE also. Hopefully Both Blu and Microsoft will resolve this issue. wp_ss_20160403_0001[1].jpgwp_ss_20160403_0002[1].png

Blu p_d off

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
First of all Thanks to you for providing the link to download x150e 8.1 flash image and Microsoft ffutool. Finally I took a risk and flashed x150q 8.1 image (I downloaded earlier through onto WDRT) onto x150e model. I did this cause I wanted desperately to test the win 10 upgrade. What I did yesterday was at my own risk.
1) I have flashed the x150q us rom onto x150e.After flashing the firmware revision no was changed from 15009 to 15008 which is for us model.As expected there was no sim connection.
2)Immidiately downloaded upgrade advisor app. The update was available. After the heavy installation for 1 hour it was successful.The update was started with 10586.107.At the time it was extremely buggy but again checked for the update and downloaded 10586.164 the most stable build.The phone was successfully updated. Again did a hard reset and guess what the phone was absolutely performing flawlessly. I did not find any kind of bug in it. Again I am telling that after what I have experienced I was delighted. Microsoft has done a very hard work on this. Now what I learned is that both US and Europe models has only one difference is that the firmware revision no. But as of now this is the only my working phone so reflashed European rom into phone and reverted to win 8.1 and my both sims are now working perfectly. Now I think Blu has to submit the recovery image not for HD LTE but for JR LTE also. Hopefully Both Blu and Microsoft will resolve this issue. View attachment 124646View attachment 124645

Yep, I did the same thing too - weeks ago and what I saw was really crap, way inferior to 8.1 and that was what finally made me decide to reset it, box it, advertise it and flog it. Now I have an Elephone p9000 on the way to me, a real phone!

Tarun047

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand what's wrong with Microsoft, they're taking ages to determine a phone to run windows 10. And ironically it's better than most of laggy Lumias which have windows 10....
May be people at MS are sleeping 😉😁😃😂

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand what's wrong with Microsoft, they're taking ages to determine a phone to run windows 10. And ironically it's better than most of laggy Lumias which have windows 10....
May be people at MS are sleeping 

Hmm...might want to wait before you claim that the Blu isn't laggy. We'll need the same code optimizations that the Lumia's do...personally, I think the 1GB of RAM is likely the cause of the lag. If you think about it, 1GB of RAM isn't much for a full blown OS to run on these days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte