BLU HD LTE 150e

Maddy90

May 11, 2015
Visit site
@Abhijit:

Point 1,2: These two issues are unknown to other Windows phones though battery drainage is high and mild over-heating is there for some devices.
Point 3. Try using latest Windows Central App for Windows 10 Mobile (Beta). This will solve the login issue.
Point 4: That issue is no so common for other phones too.
Point 5: Only the SIM allocated for Mobile Data, will allow the users to choose between 2G, 3G or 4G.
Point 6: Isn't a bug at all, as mentioned by Tushar. The apps are suspended in the background for better multitasking.
Point 7: Notification menu flickering is not also common for others.

*** A common bug: The Music menu flickers when a user tries to change the song by pressing the forward or backward button from the lock-screen.

Svetoslav Enkov

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
So far after upgrading to win 10 and using it more than 24 hrs I figured out some noticeable bugs in Blu win HD LTE:

1)Weird Battery Charging: The charging takes a long time.Even after using original factory cable and 2.1 AMP wall charger the charging is too slow.Charging speed is downgrading from 41%/hr to even 10&/hr.Don't know if this is a os issue or battery problem.

2)Brightness Level: When I select brightness level say 14 manually.But after the phone reboots the brightness increases and goes to 20 or more.Every time I have to manually lower the brightness level. But after reboot it again increases.

3)Windows central Win 10 app keeps crashing when tap on login.

4)While playing music on groove music when I press the next song button on the lock screen the song name flickers 3 to 4 times.

5)I can't toggle between 4g 3g or 2g. Also due to the modified firmware My LTE speed is only about 16Mb/s. I tried 3 different sim cards but the result was same.

6)And the most common and annoying bug: Many apps such as WhatsApp facebook and Settings,Messages,Phone are remains in the background even after the proper exit. I have to kill each and every menu and app manually.

7)Also there are minor screen flickering issue occurs sometime when dragging down the notification menu.

Mine Blu Win HD LTE 150e is still on 8.1, but I do have a Xiaomi Mi4 LTE with Win 10 (.164) so I will post my experience:

1. Strange, on my Mi4 the charging is normal, but it is normal to slowdown the charge. Even if QuickCharge compatible charger is attached, it charges to 100% slow (0 to 50-60% is fast then slows). Hope they will solve this on the next firmware for 150e.
2. On my Mi4 there is a same bug, after a restart it sometimes goes to max brightnes, even if I set automatic. I go to the Brightness tab in the notfications and tap 4 times to go through 25 50 75 100 and again automatic. This is not a BLU bug I think.
3. On Mi4 WPCentral Win10 app is fine. Strange behavior on BLU 150e.
4. This is the known bug in the Groove music I think.
5. The toggle 2G/3G/4G is only from Settings-Cellular&SIM-SIM Settings-Cellular Network-Highest Connection Speed, not from the notification's Cellular data toggle button.
6. This is the proposed way on W10M - apps stays in memory, the OS closes them if needed. Don't waste your time to close them if no real need (f.e. you play a game and have a lags). The apps goes background suspended, no data traffic and cpu resources are eaten.
7. Don't have on Mi4 or is rarely, but have seen this as a known problem for other handsets.

So I think the firmware and build are fine, next week is expected 10586.212 (or .222) to arrive. I am not recommending Redstone builds for an old phones yet (even on my Mi4 I am still avoiding it).

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
@Abhijit:

Point 1,2: These two issues are unknown to other Windows phones though battery drainage is high and mild over-heating is there for some devices.
Point 3. Try using latest Windows Central App for Windows 10 Mobile (Beta). This will solve the login issue.
Point 4: That issue is no so common for other phones too.
Point 5: Only the SIM allocated for Mobile Data, will allow the users to choose between 2G, 3G or 4G.
Point 6: Isn't a bug at all, as mentioned by Tushar. The apps are suspended in the background for better multitasking.
Point 7: Notification menu flickering is not also common for others.

*** A common bug: The Music menu flickers when a user tries to change the song by pressing the forward or backward button from the lock-screen.

Thanks for the advice but i installed the same windows central win 10 beta but it is keep crashing while login. Any way I have installed 8.1 WC app and it is working fine. Now My both sims are 4G and uses both communication and data.I think i need to inform my service provider about this. They will send some settings.But the other issues i have mentioned are still persists on this device. Hopefully Blu and Microsoft will acknowledge this and resolve it in the future.

Maddy90

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully Blu and Microsoft will acknowledge this and resolve it in the future.

Yes, we've to wait for the next build. There are lots of different problems for different handsets. As Microsoft will be delivering new builds, more bugs are likely to be ironed out. :smile::smile:

Note: You could've stayed in WC Beta app and tested if your problem was resolved. They update the Win10 app very frequently, like in every 2 or 3 days! :wink:

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
So far after upgrading to win 10 and using it more than 24 hrs I figured out some noticeable bugs in Blu win HD LTE:

1)Weird Battery Charging: The charging takes a long time.Even after using original factory cable and 2.1 AMP wall charger the charging is too slow.Charging speed is downgrading from 41%/hr to even 10&/hr.Don't know if this is a os issue or battery problem.

2)Brightness Level: When I select brightness level say 14 manually.But after the phone reboots the brightness increases and goes to 20 or more.Every time I have to manually lower the brightness level. But after reboot it again increases.

5)I can't toggle between 4g 3g or 2g. Also due to the modified firmware My LTE speed is only about 16Mb/s. I tried 3 different sim cards but the result was same.

1 and 2 are reported by 150Q owners as well, I think.
5 is not specific to W10. This option is not there in 8.1 also. I bought my Blu phone in Jan, but discovered this only two weeks ago. This option was there in my previous mobile - Micromax canvas win121.

Another thing about this Blu phone - When data transfer happens, there used to be a blinking arrow over the network symbols - both cellular and wifi symbols. This is not present in the Blu Win HD LTE. Nothing serious, just an observation.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
1 and 2 are reported by 150Q owners as well, I think.
5 is not specific to W10. This option is not there in 8.1 also. I bought my Blu phone in Jan, but discovered this only two weeks ago. This option was there in my previous mobile - Micromax canvas win121.

Another thing about this Blu phone - When data transfer happens, there used to be a blinking arrow over the network symbols - both cellular and wifi symbols. This is not present in the Blu Win HD LTE. Nothing serious, just an observation.

Yeah Thanks. I know that the toggling option was present on even my HTC Windows 8S. But before flashing this latest image i was on 15009 firmware where i used to get 55Mb/s LTE speed on my Airtel 4G Sim cards. Any way Let's wait my be Blu might release updated firmware thruogh ota.

ajayaacharya

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
There is no turn by turn voice navigation in the maps app on my BLU (Its there on my Lumia), the settings for the same are also missing in the app. (Considering we don't have access to HERE maps now, having no voice navigation in the in built maps app is a major drawback) If any of you have the same problem and have a work around or a solution pls let me know.

dudeabides

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
i am unable to download the firmware from wdrt. keeps saying error downloading package. check proxy settings. Anyone experienced the issue?

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
There is no turn by turn voice navigation in the maps app on my BLU (Its there on my Lumia), the settings for the same are also missing in the app. (Considering we don't have access to HERE maps now, having no voice navigation in the in built maps app is a major drawback) If any of you have the same problem and have a work around or a solution pls let me know.

I don't think this is a BLU specific issue. It is one of the draw backs of the Maps app by MS. Heard that they are improving the Maps app considering the fact that Here Maps and Drive will not be available for W10 mobile.

OhneZ

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

I have offline maps downloaded (menu system). After I entered the destination, several approaches have been proposed. Then I have a selected and navigation started immediately.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes!I'm also facing same problem!Tried all firewall setting/tried on different OS/tried on different desktop.
Any help guys

Check this. Open WDRT then click on three dots at the right bottom side. click on settings.click on application data then click on clean all app data .click on network. Click on Use proxy server and turn on. Then in the port box put the value 8080 leave address box blank.And try to download. Make sure your pc is running on windows 8.1 or windows 10.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping there would be an OTA update for the firmware, because I really didn't want to go through the flashing route.

But... I couldn't resist any longer. Currently flashing the new firmware onto my phone. Looking forward to Windows 10 Mobile.

Thanks to everyone who figured out how to get this going.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Any chance windows will get 2G/3G/4G cellular settings? Something to force the phone into one of them would be very needed.

That's what i was talking about. This option was not there in Win 8.1 also. And i was hoping it will get Higher Connection Speed setting in Win 10 mobile.here is also same story.

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
That's what i was talking about. This option was not there in Win 8.1 also. And i was hoping it will get Higher Connection Speed setting in Win 10 mobile.here is also same story.

The option made its way in some earlier insider builds but was removed afterwards...don't know why...it is much needed, especially in India.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers