BLU HD LTE 150e

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
@abhijit----where to get the old recovery image 15009 for blu win hd lte?/
will you please provide me if you have one?

and now that I have upgraded to win10...will the ota version which blu is gonna provide will be different or will it be the same??
if its gonna be different then do we need to rollback to 8.1 again? or if its not different then will the current win10 version which we are using will be supported further?

OhneZ

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
So my story from Blu 150e and Windows 10 Mobile.
I have already done 3x hard reset and each time went away some bugs.
But then new bugs have been added. Currently there is stable with minor errors.
1. Outlook can not be put into the background.
2. Duration of the battery is minimal bad.
3. Egde takes longer to display websites

I think Blu needs to improve driver and then hopefully we get a good firmware.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
@abhijit----where to get the old recovery image 15009 for blu win hd lte?/
will you please provide me if you have one?

and now that I have upgraded to win10...will the ota version which blu is gonna provide will be different or will it be the same??
if its gonna be different then do we need to rollback to 8.1 again? or if its not different then will the current win10 version which we are using will be supported further?

Here is the link:https://mega.nz/#F!a19GyaqD!mkrtLwwH6bSkOPF7OZ8u5Q for the older recovery image. But I think it will be a complete waste of time if you flash this image(15009). I tried it waited for nearly 3 hrs but there was no new firmware ota update. But again I was terribly bored of win 8.1 and couldn't resist myself, so I once again upgraded to win 10 again. So what it means if you want to get update of windows 10 for this device then flashing the new recovery image and the firmware through the wdrt is the only way. Even if you have issues with win 10 and want to downgrade then use only current wdrt recovery image.

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Here is the link:https://mega.nz/#F!a19GyaqD!mkrtLwwH6bSkOPF7OZ8u5Q for the older recovery image. But I think it will be a complete waste of time if you flash this image(15009). I tried it waited for nearly 3 hrs but there was no new firmware ota update. But again I was terribly bored of win 8.1 and couldn't resist myself, so I once again upgraded to win 10 again. So what it means if you want to get update of windows 10 for this device then flashing the new recovery image and the firmware through the wdrt is the only way. Even if you have issues with win 10 and want to downgrade then use only current wdrt recovery image.
thanks for the link brother

I wanted to ask yo this... how did you figure out abou the upgrade...I remember you were the one to break the news here about the upgrade process...did you contact blu and they told you about the process?? or did you figured out on you own?

also I wanted to know...if at all I downgrade to old image of 8.1 and then when I get the firmware ota...will it be 15013 which we flashed using wdrtor some other number??
also if we stay on win10 since we have upgraded nw..will we continue receiving future upgates from ms or we are doomed with .218 and we wont get any updates and upgrades unless we go back to factory version of 8.1 and get firmware ota frm there and then upgrade to win10?

please answer them..i am abt curious...since you broke the news of upgrade to win10 since then we all are happly using the new os...although its buggy...but it will get better with future cumulative updates I hope so

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
@pj1011:Before I clear your doubts I would like to share some points of the GORGEOUS relationship Between Blu and Microsoft and how they screwed their customers.

1) Last year Blu launched Blu win hd lte(x150q firmware no.15008) pre-installed win 8.1 update 1(later it was updated to GDR2 via OTA) in US back in April 2015. Then same model with identical hardware was launched globally (In India it was in September x150e firmware no.15009).

2)This year when microsoft started to roll out win 10 tech. preview builds (10586 production builds) to win 8.1 devices through windows insider among all the OEM's such as samsung (Ative SE) LG(lancet) Htc(M8 for windows) provided necessary recovery images and firmware and drivers to microsoft.But Blu's recovery image and firmware was not available for internal build testing. In 1st week of march MS released .122 build at that time WDRT was updated and for the first time we have seen Blu was added to the manufacturer' list and the recovery image was available for the US model. Even many users were not able to get techincal previews . Finallly on March 17 when MS officially rolled out Win 10 mobile the upgrade was available for only US model and fate of E was still unclear. The questions and concerns for E version were raised seriously from around the world. Both Blu and MS were blaming each other for the Win10 upgrade fiasco.We all were tried to get response from Blu but every time blu responded with different replies.Many Q owners started to point out initial bugs and the upgrade for this device hold back and after sometime the recovery image was removed from WDRT.

4)And Finally on April 8 MS added recovery image with new firmware. Neither Blu or MS has officially announced it or Blu didn't gave firmware ota.

Now to your questions:
1) It is true that It was me who figured out the upgrade. Blu did not informed me about the procedure or not provided any update. At first i flashed my phone through wdrt and my phone was updated to the new firmware.My both sims were working fine at that time.The phone was directly updated to the win 8.1 GDR2 . Now when you run upgrade advisor app after flashing it will check for the firmware available on the update server and try to match with your phone's firmware when it matches your phone is eligible for the update.
2) Future updates: Again same thing firmware. At present we all are on this device are up to date (10586.218 production) because it is official public release.Now another update probably Redstone ( anniversery update) is currently is in development phase and there are many issues are with this build.Now MS needs to add this firmware to their preview build server so that we might get access to these builds through windows insider. Now the only question remains whether Blu will be releasing any firmware updates? I already infomed Blu about this procedure but they only told me that they have forwarded my details to their techincal support team. I guess i tried to solve your doubts. If you still skeptical about this update then you can definitely contact BLU and Micrsoft. I think they are the ones who will give you more proper response.

Last edited:

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
also if we stay on win10 since we have upgraded nw..will we continue receiving future upgates from ms or we are doomed with .218 and we wont get any updates and upgrades unless we go back to factory version of 8.1 and get firmware ota frm there and then upgrade to win10?

Yes you will continue to receive future Windows 10 cumulative updates. Build .218 is also an example for that. Erstwhile it was .164 and we got the upgrade to .218 alongwith other phones including 550, 950 and 950XL. Consider it the official one which you are using.

VinnieGrack

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello Windows Central!
Great news! Windows 10 mobile upgrade is finally available to Blu WIN HD LTE x150e.

Here are the steps..
1) Install Windows Device Recovery Tool onto your pc or laptop.

2) After Launching the tool select My device Was not detected.

3) Then select the manufacturer BLU. Select the Model BLU WIN HD LTE.

4)Click on Install Software where it will ask to download latest win 8.1 recovery image which contains new firmware.
Download complete BLU_WIN_HD_LTE_x150q_00150.04717.20001.15013_RETAIL_FLASH_20160226_00150.04717.20001.15013.ffu image.

5)Now turn off the phone. Press the power button and immediately after vibrating press and hold volume up button till you will see flashing icon and spinning wheel (flashing mode)

6)Now connect your phone to the pc via usb cable in the flashing mode.

7)Launch the App and select Manufacturer BLU-Model-Blu win HD LTE.
Click on Install software. This time you will see the battery icon. Make sure that battery is almost 25% charged and follow the onscreen instructions.
Now flashing will begin and once completed the language screen will appear. This will change the firmware from 15009 to 15013.

8)Once done, go windows store and download Upgrade Advisor app and check the upgrade availability for your device and follow the prompt to install the latest build.

9)Finally go the settings and check for the updates. The update will be available.

On April 14,2016. Microsoft has release the new windows 10 mobile Build version 14295 codename Redstone. This should be available on Insider Fas ring using Windows Insider program.
Once you signed up and select the insider ring, it takes around 24 hours to get the upgrades, so be patient ...

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello Windows Central!
Great news! Windows 10 mobile upgrade is finally available to Blu WIN HD LTE x150e.

Here are the steps..
1) Install Windows Device Recovery Tool onto your pc or laptop.

2) After Launching the tool select My device Was not detected.

3) Then select the manufacturer BLU. Select the Model BLU WIN HD LTE.

4)Click on Install Software where it will ask to download latest win 8.1 recovery image which contains new firmware.
Download complete BLU_WIN_HD_LTE_x150q_00150.04717.20001.15013_RETAIL_FLASH_20160226_00150.04717.20001.15013.ffu image.

5)Now turn off the phone. Press the power button and immediately after vibrating press and hold volume up button till you will see flashing icon and spinning wheel (flashing mode)

6)Now connect your phone to the pc via usb cable in the flashing mode.

7)Launch the App and select Manufacturer BLU-Model-Blu win HD LTE.
Click on Install software. This time you will see the battery icon. Make sure that battery is almost 25% charged and follow the onscreen instructions.
Now flashing will begin and once completed the language screen will appear. This will change the firmware from 15009 to 15013.

8)Once done, go windows store and download Upgrade Advisor app and check the upgrade availability for your device and follow the prompt to install the latest build.

9)Finally go the settings and check for the updates. The update will be available.

On April 14,2016. Microsoft has release the new windows 10 mobile Build version 14295 codename Redstone. This should be available on Insider Fas ring using Windows Insider program.
Once you signed up and select the insider ring, it takes around 24 hours to get the upgrades, so be patient ...

The X150Q name removed from wdrt recovery image. Check your downloaded image C:\ProgramData\BLU\Packages\Products\Win HD LTE

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Right now Firmware update through wdrt is mandatory for x150e model for the win 10 mobile upgrade.Before flashing i was on 15009 and upgrade advisor was telling that the upgrade isn't available for the device as they are determining whether the phone is eligible or not.As of now i am on 15013 from 15009 and successfully upgraded to win 10 mobile.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Right now Firmware update through wdrt is mandatory for x150e model for the win 10 mobile upgrade.Before flashing i was on 15009 and upgrade advisor was telling that the upgrade isn't available for the device as they are determining whether the phone is eligible or not.As of now i am on 15013 from 15009 and successfully upgraded to win 10 mobile.

Ok, sg, I'll recheck mine tonight. I believe that my x150q is still on 15009 and that the OTA update that I received did not update my firmware. I'll check it again.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
hello, Has any one got luck with latest redstone build through windows insider? I am on fast ring and it showing me device is up to date when ckeck for the updates. Should we expect another firmware update from BLU?

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Just checked...Production Ring got me to .218, but I'm on Firmware version 15008...so likely b/c I'm a x150q version.

There is no more q or e version for this model because Blu has released the common firmware 15013. However instead of providing ota they just modified recovery image silently and firmware and it is available in wdrt. So I believe if you wish to downgrade to win 8.1 then there are 2 scenarios:
1) If you flash your older recovery image (15008 probably downloaded via wdrt earlier which is replaced by this new image) Your win 8.1 version will be win 8.1 GDR update. Later 2 pending updates will take you to win 8.1 GDR2 but there won't be any change in the firmware.If you run the advisor app then you might get firmware isn't available result.

2)If you flash this latest image through wdrt then the phone will be directly updated to GDR2 and the firmware will be from 15008 to 15013. Now this is what important when upgrade advisor check for the updates it checks for the available firmware on the update server and then try to matches with the phone's firmware once the firmware matches the upgrade will be available. Hopefully Blu releases new firmware via ota next instead of tedious flashing process.

boldlikeus

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Figure it out the same method as I saw an update firmware on WDRT 1 weeks ago, my device was detect has a Qualcomm_snapdragon_device so need to select my device manually to do a restore & update to the new firmware 15013.

After that the update be available in upgrade advisor.

After get all the cumulative updates (10.0.10586.218 is the last) & do a hard reset cause of many bugs, I really recommend to people who are not familiar or can deal with problems to not update to Windows 10 mobile.

The OS is still buggy (maybe that was the update hasn't be announced yet) so stay on windows 8.1 it work better.

For the others it's still in beta testing so do this at your own risk.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Figure it out the same method as I saw an update firmware on WDRT 1 weeks ago, my device was detect has a Qualcomm_snapdragon_device so need to select my device manually to do a restore & update to the new firmware 15013.

After that the update be available in upgrade advisor.

After get all the cumulative updates (10.0.10586.218 is the last) & do a hard reset cause of many bugs, I really recommend to people who are not familiar or can deal with problems to not update to Windows 10 mobile.

The OS is still buggy (maybe that was the update hasn't be announced yet) so stay on windows 8.1 it work better.

For the others it's still in beta testing so do this at your own risk.

I think the update from Blu will be a permanent win 10 recovery image. Currently all the bugs are seen in win 10 because of faulty win 8.1 image which might beyond repairable. So again it is a wild guess, Blu might bring modified win 10 recovery image so that if any issues arrises in future it would be easy to bring back to win10 stable just like Lumia x50 series.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I think the update from Blu will be a permanent win 10 recovery image. Currently all the bugs are seen in win 10 because of faulty win 8.1 image which might beyond repairable. So again it is a wild guess, Blu might bring modified win 10 recovery image so that if any issues arrises in future it would be easy to bring back to win10 stable build just like Lumia x50 series.

boldlikeus

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I think the update from Blu will be a permanent win 10 recovery image. Currently all the bugs are seen in win 10 because of faulty win 8.1 image which might beyond repairable. So again it is a wild guess, Blu might bring modified win 10 recovery image so that if any issues arrises in future it would be easy to bring back to win10 stable build just like Lumia x50 series.

Yep probably got many bugs on my Lumia 830 too, so think it's windows 10 mobile that isn't stable enough.

Hope with the anniversary update will get much improvements if not I go back & stay on 8.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention