BLU HD LTE 150e

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
run the upgrade advisor.......then it will show you that upgrade is ready for your phone....then enable the upgrade by ticking the checkbox....then go to phone updates in settings and you will find an update to be downloaded.....let it download install it....after installation you get win10 with build .218....again go to settings phone updates...and you will find another cumulative update ready to download....download it...let it install.....later do a hard reset.....to avoid any bugs further ...after hard reset....you get a nice snappy version of win10 mobile...

Thanks, I will try that tonight

Alex Sawczuk

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I upgraded to w10 420 yesterday, the device seems to be running very warm - battery might be questionable too but I'm not sure yet. I didn't hard reset and I'm on 15009 firmware, I guess these are recommended right?

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I upgraded to w10 420 yesterday, the device seems to be running very warm - battery might be questionable too but I'm not sure yet. I didn't hard reset and I'm on 15009 firmware, I guess these are recommended right?

Empirical evidences suggest that it is better to do a hard reset after upgrading. :angel:

JohnLBergqvist

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I decided to upgrade through WDRT today, and unlike previous times, while it knew I had the HD LTE, it asked me to pick between the Q or E versions. I picked E, and it then said it couldn't tell me what version of firmware I currently had on the phone, but it said it was going to upgrade me to version 00150.04717.20001.15010

Is this Windows 10 or Still 8.1?

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
bLu's twitter handle says that the upgrade to windows 10 mobile is now available for win hd
win hd lte and win jr lte 130

why are they tweeting it now......after releasing the upgrade almost 5 days back

pj1011

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
can anyone confirm those who are on insider builds.....that the use of notification led lights are made to indicate arrival of messages missed calls etc.??

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
Glad to know that BLU has officially made available w10m upgrade. So I was on 15013 with RS build 14371.0. Re flashed stock 15009 firmware via microsoftffutool. After running the upgrade advisor app it said the upgrade is available. Installation of W10M has got 10586.218 quickly after that via windows insider downloaded 14372.0 Insider fast RS update. Currently the build is very smooth and so far no major issues but some battery drain is there but it will be fixed in a few days. The major problem with RS previous builds was the dual sim issue which is completely solved.
Groove music is much better specially anyone who is familiar with song reorder/rearrangement option when in playlist is finally back and groove music is complete app for me now. New store UI is refreshing and the app download speed is very fast compared to production build. Overall I am completely satisfied with this build and the performance is just improving as we are getting closer to the anniversary update.

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Updated to 420 over the weekend. Its great.
As expected, outlook back button is not working. But other than that the "accompli" - renamed outlook - app is great.
Battery problem is also there. Not sure the about the cause - but wifi and second sim seems to be the culprit. I have both sims enabled and 1st sim is the data sim. its like this - when i go to office in the morning, battery is > 95%. and in the evening, by 8-8.30pm, its around 60%. But by 9-9.30 it comes down to 30-35% and when I plug it in, even then it comes down. I have to switch off second sim/some times data connection, sometimes wifi, only then it starts gaining charge. Anyone facing similar issue? its ok, i can live with it. I'll wait till red stone release. while plugged in, if it restarts after draining the battery, then the charge is shown as more than 50%. Its confusing.

About the update - the update from 8.1 to WP10-build 218 was not that smooth. but from 218 to 420 was smooth. The only issue i faced was that i did not get all the SMSes back. I had the sms back up on in 8.1 and the last back up was on Jun18th or so. I have set the SMS for a year to sync now, but many SMSes are are missing. many of them are IRCTC ticket sms, now I have to get them again 3 days before the journey date.

Oh! I miss the tasks view in 8.1 calendar but I have installed wunderlist - i assume MS wants all of us to do that, thats why they removed the task view from calendar in WP10.

Last edited:

sharanshankar

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I updated my phone to 420 a while ago and it had been running smooth. I have some battery draining issues. Other than that and a few minor bugs it was quite a good experience.
Today my phone went completely blank. There is nothing on the screen. A black screen comes up and the navigation button lights are lit. But nothing on the screen. I called my phone from another phone and I was able to pick up by sliding up and pressing the bottom of the screen and it worked. I could hear the voice over the call. So that means the screen touch is working and the process is happening on the screen. I sent a message and the phone vibrated and gave out the message tone. So practically the phone is working all good except for the black screen. I tried to switch it off and on a few times, but it keeps coming blank.
This happened after I connected my phone to the laptop and then I tried to unlock the phone to accept file transfer. But after I pressed the unlock button it gave a blank screen.
Anyone here has faced this issue before? Is there any way to fix it without doing a reset in WDRT? And if I do reset with WDRT will it go back to win 8 again?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Update: I did a reset through WDRT. But the screen remains blank. Phone still working except for the black screen.

Last edited:

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
After about 1 month after update to w10m, have you got a problems during use of your blu?
What are your opinions?
Greetings and enjoy with our Blu ��

Apart from the strange battery issue [battery drains when I plugin the charger :confused: ], and the outlook back button, no other issues. Oh, one more thing. when I open the messages (sms) app, it asks for re authentication. there are OK and Cancel buttons. If I click Cancel, no problem (did not try what will happen with OK button)

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone yet received latest insider build update? My windows update tell me that it is upto date. The only way to get the latest build is to revert back to windows 8.1 and then through windows insider program. I also noticed in feedback that many users have reported this issue. Let's see what happens on August 2nd when anniversary update will be roll out.

Easwaran N

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
One more observation after the upgrade (or I would say it is a "good" bug. You all know that BLU does not provide the option to select network speed. (2G only, 3G, 4G). But now I can choose between 2G or 3G/4G (no option to choose between 3G or 4G). In 8.1, I had a live tile for Mobile+SIM setting. After upgrading, this tile is retained but now has an option to toggle between 2G and 3G/4G. In Settings->Network & Wireless -> Mobile & SIM, I have the regular W10 settings for SIM selection and all. sim settings.png

If I remove the live tile, I will lose this option, I guess, since I cannot find any other way to open the old Mobile+SIM setting.

Vincenzo Venuto

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello guy, i nave installed also anniversary update last night.
The Phone work good, but no news about the back button to close outlook.
My firmare in the old 009.
I nave noted a problem related recharge, the percentage go at back, but if i reboot the phone during recharge the percentage is ok.
It's not a problem for me.
Again i can't chance the connection type, it's locked to LTE.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I have too installed anniversary update successfully on my X150E. Although I was little bit skepical about the anniversary update because in past recent months Blu was not receiving Redstone insider previews and this issue was mentioned in the feedback my many users. Before The AU I was on production 10586.545.But few things are remained unchanged i.e. outlook back/exit button not working. Facebook beta app is terrible on this device as it is not properly scaled. For all this we need a good firmware from Blu. So far battery performance is really good after the update.
My firmware is:15009.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos