How to go back to 8.1 ?

EricGagne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I haven't made my decision yet but I am thinking of going back to 8.1 (battery life, display issues, TuneIn Radio not available in WM10, etc). How does one do this ?

What I found on the internets talks about windows device recovery tool but that seems to work with all phones, mine shows up as a "Qualcomm Composite Device" and the tool gives an error that it is an unsupported phone.

EricGagne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Did you reset your phone after upgrading ? If you did not then you still have the one you intalled before. I did a reset and now I can't install it, I see it in the store but the install button is disabled and a message says it is no longer available.

EricGagne

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
So I finally decided to go back to 8.1, my phone is currently restoring my last backup before the upgrade. My main reasons for going back are.

- Poor battery life
- Phone is globally slower (though this week's upgrade seemed to have improved this)
- Lines in the display
- Smal fonts although I am set at 175%, I just can't read emails in the W10M courrier app and if I make the fonts bigger then the app can't adjust to the screen and I can not open the hamburger to check my different accounts unless I flipt to landscape.

A piece of advice to all who would want to go back to 8.1, don't scare yourselves the way I did, I thought I fried my phone. The recovery tool gave me an error while flashing and then the phone would not restart except in flash mode. If you attempt this make sure you use the orginal Blu USB cable and connect it directly to your PC.

!!! DO NOT USE A USB HUB !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs