What the hell is going on?

Danny Dier

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I own a BLU Win HD LTE phone and I'm having sleepless nights, checking it every hour to see if its updating to windows 10? any idea of when I will get windows 10 on my phone, and a good nights sleep?
I'm based in the UK if that makes any difference.
Thanks!

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't think Windows 10 is a required update, so you probably need to install the upgrade advisor app to get things rolling. I personally consider the state of build 10586.164 to be alpha quality at best with more than a few important missing features from 8.1. I don't recommend installing it without a backup phone. Some people may argue that cortana and edge crashing several times a day is ok and that a lose everything hard reset might help.

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 m is not yet available for the O.P.'s non-American x150E variant, though BLU have said that the update is coming.
But yes, once the update is available its installation has to be initiated via the "upgrade advisor app".
I have W10M on my x150Q variant. Personally I don't find it buggy. My biggest problems were syncing with our Exchange server and properly displaying emails, both of which were remedied by a recent upgrade of the Outlook app. Edge seems ok, though I'll admit that it appears to have problems playing video from the BBC news web-site. I haven't had any problems with Cortana, but then I am not using it frequently. Several days after installing W10M, I did do a hard reset, this reduced the size of the installation considerably, (4.6 GB reduced to 3GB). I am not sure it did anything else though, but as I wrote my W10M is behaving itself.

I don't think Windows 10 is a required update, so you probably need to install the upgrade advisor app to get things rolling. I personally consider the state of build 10586.164 to be alpha quality at best with more than a few important missing features from 8.1. I don't recommend installing it without a backup phone. Some people may argue that cortana and edge crashing several times a day is ok and that a lose everything hard reset might help.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The American variant upgrade is on hold as well. It does have it quirks that will obviously be fixed in time. I could use (and have used) mine as a daily driver, but it would not be as great of experience as 8.1 has been. Its just not ready, get some sleep...its coming.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Spamming the upgrade button isn't going to make the upgrade go through the channels any faster lol.

It's like drinking countless glasses of water in the hopes of forcing a bus to arrive quicker... :grincry:

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I own a BLU Win HD LTE phone and I'm having sleepless nights, checking it every hour to see if its updating to windows 10? any idea of when I will get windows 10 on my phone, and a good nights sleep?
I'm based in the UK if that makes any difference.
Thanks!

This is to inform all of you on this post that finally Windows 10 mobile upgrade is available to Blu win HD LTE x150e. Here are the steps
1) Install WIndows Device Recovery Tool onto your pc or laptop.
2) After Launching the tool select My device Was not detected.
3) Then select the manufacturer BLU. Select the Model BLU WIN HD LTE.
4)Click on Install Software where it wil ask to download latest win 8.1 recovery image which contains new firmware.Download complete BLU_WIN_HD_LTE_x150q_00150.04717.20001.15013_RETAIL_FLASH_20160226_00150.04717.20001.15013.ffu image.
5)Now turn off the phone. Press the power button and immediately after vibrating press and hold volume up button till you will see flashing icon and spinning wheel. This will be flashing mode.
6)Now connect your phone to the pc via usb cable in the flashing mode.
7)Again Launch the app. Select Manufacturer BLU-Model-Blu win HD LTE.Click on Install software. This time you will see the battery icon.Make sure that battery is almost 25% charged and follow the onscreen instructions. Now flashing will begin and once completed the language screen will appear. When the start screen comes go to the settings and go to about phone.click on More information.See That the firmware has been changed from 15009 to 15013.
8)Now go the windows store and download Upgrade Advisor app and run. IT will check for the upgrade and finally says the upgrade is available. Tick on Enable Windows 10 Upgrade. Now the app will be checking for the updates.
9)Finally go the settings and check for the updates.The update will be available.

Danny Dier

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
This is to inform all of you on this post that finally Windows 10 mobile upgrade is available to Blu win HD LTE x150e. Here are the steps
1) Install WIndows Device Recovery Tool onto your pc or laptop.
2) After Launching the tool select My device Was not detected.
3) Then select the manufacturer BLU. Select the Model BLU WIN HD LTE.
4)Click on Install Software where it wil ask to download latest win 8.1 recovery image which contains new firmware.Download complete BLU_WIN_HD_LTE_x150q_00150.04717.20001.15013_RETAIL_FLASH_20160226_00150.04717.20001.15013.ffu image.
5)Now turn off the phone. Press the power button and immediately after vibrating press and hold volume up button till you will see flashing icon and spinning wheel. This will be flashing mode.
6)Now connect your phone to the pc via usb cable in the flashing mode.
7)Again Launch the app. Select Manufacturer BLU-Model-Blu win HD LTE.Click on Install software. This time you will see the battery icon.Make sure that battery is almost 25% charged and follow the onscreen instructions. Now flashing will begin and once completed the language screen will appear. When the start screen comes go to the settings and go to about phone.click on More information.See That the firmware has been changed from 15009 to 15013.
8)Now go the windows store and download Upgrade Advisor app and run. IT will check for the upgrade and finally says the upgrade is available. Tick on Enable Windows 10 Upgrade. Now the app will be checking for the updates.
9)Finally go the settings and check for the updates.The update will be available.

Thanks for them instructions abhijit, but I'm not happy about that particular process as I've spent years using android devices and as such the update process was seamless and no need for any additional updating via a computer.

Obviously I understand windows doesn't own blu and it may require additional time for windows 10 to have been tested on Blu HD Lte, but this is beyond ridiculous now, I should have been notified of a windows 10 update, what exactly is the hold up? is it any wonder the windows operating system is struggling to make an impact in the mobile world?
Luckily I managed to get some sleep, but I hope a Microsoft representative is watching this thread and is going to speak to the people at Blu and make the update available.

Last edited:

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for them instructions abhijit, but I'm not happy about that particular process as I've spent years using android devices and as such the update process was seamless and no need for any additional updating via a computer.

Obviously I understand windows doesn't own blu and it may require additional time for windows 10 to have been tested on Blu HD Lte, but this is beyond ridiculous now, I should have been notified of a windows 10 update, what exactly is the hold up? is it any wonder the windows operating system is struggling to make an impact in the mobile world?
Luckily I managed to get some sleep, but I hope a Microsoft representative is watching this thread and is going to speak to the people at Blu and make the update available.

Before I clear your doubts I would like to share some points of the GORGEOUS relationship Between Blu and Microsoft and how they screwed their customers.

1) Last year Blu launched Blu win hd lte(x150q firmware no.15008) pre-installed win 8.1 update 1(later it was updated to GDR2 via OTA) in US back in April 2015. Then same model with identical hardware was launched globally (In India it was in September x150e firmware no.15009).

2)This year when microsoft started to roll out win 10 tech. preview builds (10586 production builds) to win 8.1 devices through windows insider among all the OEM's such as samsung (Ative SE) LG(lancet) Htc(M8 for windows) provided necessary recovery images and firmware and drivers to microsoft.But Blu's recovery image and firmware was not available for internal build testing. In 1st week of march MS released .122 build at that time WDRT was updated and for the first time we have seen Blu was added to the manufacturer' list and the recovery image was available for the US model. Even many users were not able to get techincal previews . Finallly on March 17 when MS officially rolled out Win 10 mobile the upgrade was available for only US model and fate of E was still unclear. The questions and concerns for E version were raised seriously from around the world. Both Blu and MS were blaming each other for the Win10 upgrade fiasco.We all were tried to get response from Blu but every time blu responded with different replies.Many Q owners started to point out initial bugs and the upgrade for this device hold back and after sometime the recovery image was removed from WDRT.

4)And Finally on April 8 MS added recovery image with new firmware. Neither Blu or MS has officially announced it or Blu didn't gave firmware ota.

Now to your questions:
1) It is true that It was me who figured out the upgrade. Blu did not informed me about the procedure or not provided any update. At first i flashed my phone through wdrt and my phone was updated to the new firmware.My both sims were working fine at that time.The phone was directly updated to the win 8.1 GDR2 . Now when you run upgrade advisor app after flashing it will check for the firmware available on the update server and try to match with your phone's firmware when it matches your phone is eligible for the update.
2) Future updates: Again same thing firmware. At present we all are on this device are up to date (10586.218 production) because it is official public release.Now another update probably Redstone ( anniversery update) is currently is in development phase and there are many issues are with this build.Now MS needs to add this firmware to their preview build server so that we might get access to these builds through windows insider. Now the only question remains whether Blu will be releasing any firmware updates? I already infomed Blu about this procedure but they only told me that they have forwarded my details to their techincal support team. I guess i tried to solve your doubts. If you still skeptical about this update then you can definitely contact BLU and Micrsoft. I think they are the ones who will give you more proper response.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You keep talking about Firmware...Firmware is the code that drives the hardware layer on our devices. To my knowledge, we've seen no firmware updates from Blu...if you're talking about 10586.218...that's Software.

We need firmware updates to fix the 2 touch bug in the screen...software is moving from 10586.164 to .218...so are you saying that your Firmware version has changed? Mine has not from 8.1 to 10.164

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
We need firmware updates to fix the 2 touch bug in the screen...software is moving from 10586.164 to .218...so are you saying that your Firmware version has changed? Mine has not from 8.1 to 10.164

But there was a firmware update that can be installed on either Win HD LTE variants via the WIndows Device Recovery Tool. It was this firmware update that allowed the e-variant to update to Windows 10 mobile. I'm not sure what, if any, other issues this update addressed, but it can't have reached many phones if use of the WDRT was required. An OTA release would be required to reach most users. Will that happen? (Still early days I should say, though.)

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
But there was a firmware update that can be installed on either Win HD LTE variants via the WIndows Device Recovery Tool. It was this firmware update that allowed the e-variant to update to Windows 10 mobile. I'm not sure what, if any, other issues this update addressed, but it can't have reached many phones if use of the WDRT was required. An OTA release would be required to reach most users. Will that happen? (Still early days I should say, though.)

So what's your firmware version then? 15013?

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So what's your firmware version then? 15013?

Err, no. I am using 15008. Even if 15013 is an essential update for the N. American variant, (which isn't clear). I'll wait until it appears OTA. My phone seems to behaving itself so why look for trouble?

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Err, no. I am using 15008. Even if 15013 is an essential update for the N. American variant, (which isn't clear). I'll wait until it appears OTA. My phone seems to behaving itself so why look for trouble?

Right now Firmware update through wdrt is mandatory for x150e model for the win 10 mobile upgrade.Before flashing i was on 15009 and upgrade advisor was telling that the upgrade isn't available for the device as they are determining whether the phone is eligible or not.As of now i am on 15013 from 15009 and successfully upgraded to win 10 mobile.

abhijit pore

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
You keep talking about Firmware...Firmware is the code that drives the hardware layer on our devices. To my knowledge, we've seen no firmware updates from Blu...if you're talking about 10586.218...that's Software.

Right now i am on 15013. Already running win 10.Blu did not released firmware through ota. I already installed windows insider and on fast ring but every time it says your device is up to date.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Right now i am on 15013. Already running win 10.Blu did not released firmware through ota. I already installed windows insider and on fast ring but every time it says your device is up to date.

Yep me too...but I'm still on .164 not .218...so I'm behind on both firmware & WM10 versions it would appear.

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Guys, could you do one test for me please: At night put the phone on automatic brightness and use a light source to trigger the sensor so display power will increase and after that turn off the light and see if the display power will lower after some time (dont turn off the screen during the test).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo