Facebook Beta

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I have installed it and found that there is a scalling problem (and not only with facebook but also with some other apps).
The only way to see the entire menu text from facebook beta is to set Display at 100% (which makes everything very small).
Just wanted to let people know and maybe some tester who can report.

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I found the same problem. These Facebook apps read the OEM firmware information to decide how they would show up on the phone. Blu enabled the phablet/tablet UI via firmware that's why we have all the phablet/tablete UI elements without having to change the scaling. To make the Facebook (Beta) work properly we need to change the registry to make the default/recommended scaling 175%. This could help. But I don't know how to do it. We can send feedback through Facebook app asking them to fix it on the app. Other Universal apps adapt themselves automatically, but these from Facebook, sadly, don't =/.

lucasnobrebs

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I found the same problem here on my Blu Win HD LTE. This phone has the UI for phablets/tablets enabled by default via firmware. Maybe this is the problem, and the Facebook apps think it is a tablet. We need to change some registry key to make the default UI scaling more phone friendly, but I don't know how, or we can send feedback for Facebook through the Facebook (Beta) and Messenger (Beta) feedback system. These two apps are the affected because they are not fully native apps, Facebook uses other development tools to make them.

Alexunder93

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Yup, the messenger looks like the PC version which sucks... I have removed the big pictures so there is no problem with that.

EDIT: How is working for those with 15009 firmware?

Da0l7Ml.png

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven