Anniversary Update?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the Anniversary Update is coming soon. So I decided to roll back to WP8.1 via WDRT just to see if/when the BLU Win HD LTE will get the update without user intervention (no upgrade advisor, insider, etc).

Anyone want to take a guess on when it rolls out to us? If at all?

Yes, I know it will be rolling out in waves. But which "wave" will hit us, that is the question. I'll give it 2 weeks (if I can hold out that long) before hitting the Upgrade Advisor to see what version we'll get. Because I know we need some firmware update from BLU to get everything to work.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, the Anniversary Update is coming soon. So I decided to roll back to WP8.1 via WDRT just to see if/when the BLU Win HD LTE will get the update without user intervention (no upgrade advisor, insider, etc).

Anyone want to take a guess on when it rolls out to us? If at all?

Yes, I know it will be rolling out in waves. But which "wave" will hit us, that is the question. I'll give it 2 weeks (if I can hold out that long) before hitting the Upgrade Advisor to see what version we'll get. Because I know we need some firmware update from BLU to get everything to work.

well to begin with you have messed up all your chances to get Anniversary update on your BLU, so i believe you have missed out on a very important point here that " windows 10 mobile updates are independent of carrier or OEM restrictions" so your test is already a fail because you wont get the update unless you are already on build 10586.494.
Microsoft has already stated in before that windows 10 updates will be delivered to users to each and every ELIGIBLE device as it is available for download.

so keep waiting for the update on 8.1 xD

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
We'll see.

I bought the phone carrier unlocked, directly from MS. So there should be minimal carrier interference. We can still get W10M via the upgrade advisor (I just ran the check and the phone is still is eligible). But we've been told that this phone will eventually get W10M without intervention (I can't find the link right now, but that's what I remember). So that's why I decided to roll back to WP8.1, just to see. Because there are many users out there that haven't done anything to get W10M.

Also, if it doesn't come down automatically, with the upgrade advisor, who knows, they just might provision the AU for delivery, thereby saving a step or two.

Which is why I volunteered to be a test subject. ;)

P.S.
I do have to admit one thing about going back to WP8.1 I'm really liking... Solid Bluetooth and inline control headsets interaction with the Music app. Connect up, and hit play and it resumes where you left off. I was one build off the AU while on the Insider program, and Groove was still a mess in that respect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes