NO UPDATE (Post AU)

ajayaacharya

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey ppl, I am not getting any kind of update on my BLU WIN HD LTE. ie no Insider Builds or non Insider Builds. I am on 14393.67. haven't received 14393.189 which was released yesterday for everyone nor am I getting any Insider builds(any ring). Is anyone facing the same issue?? Is there a workaround??

Jogi for WP

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Since 14393.67 no updates offered - neither in production or pre-release. FW: 00150.03720.200001.15010. Have 150E model.

joyeco

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Update build 14393.189 is available I have updated yesterday build is very smooth and good battery life. I am on firmware 1510 X150E.

ITmanagerNC

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
My experience, regardless of insider participation or not, is once you get to an AU build, whatever was available at the time, you are stuck there unless you use WDRT to revert back to 8.1 and repeat the process all over again. This was true for me in these 3 upgrade scenarios...

This was all prior to the first RS2 builds which are not what's delivered on Insider Fast.

WDRT back to 8.1 --> Update Advisor gets me to 10586.xxx (whatever was available at the time) --> Insider Fast - 14393.5
No further updates so I...
WDRT back to 8.1 --> Update Advisor gets me to 10586.xxx (whatever was available at the time) --> Insider Fast - 14393.67
WDRT back to 8.1 --> Update Advisor gets me to 10586.xxx (whatever was available at the time) --> Insider Fast - 14393.103

which is where I sit now. Not sure what i'll do next but its far too time consuming to do this every time. Then there is the 'restore' which is always incomplete - the whole backup and restore process needs an overhaul.

Also not sure what will happen now that RS2 is on Fast, I assume maybe choosing Slow will get me the latest AU build, or with a little luck the UA will deliver the AU.

It is annoying.

It would be awesome of the WDRT prompted you which build you wanted to START with. Not sure why that isn't a basic function.

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
WDRT back to 8.1 --> Update Advisor gets me to 10586.xxx (whatever was available at the time) --> Insider Fast - 14393.5
WDRT back to 8.1 --> Update Advisor gets me to 10586.xxx (whatever was available at the time) --> Insider Fast - 14393.67
WDRT back to 8.1 --> Update Advisor gets me to 10586.xxx (whatever was available at the time) --> Insider Fast - 14393.103

So you're saying that passing via the WDRT and update advisor takes you only as far as the most recent 10586.xxx build and that you've had to use the insider program to get further, and then get stuck.
My story is somewhat different, I have been on production since using the Update Advisor, right when W10m was first released to 8.1 phones. I received updates automatically through to 14393.67 and now nothing. Are there any more successful updates through to .187?

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I am wondering is the update file for 14393.189 might be too large to install on some devices. I have ~2.4 GB free on my eMMC. I read somewhere that the download was 1.1 GB. If true, could this be a problem?

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by ADBB
I am wondering is the update file for 14393.189 might be too large to install on some devices. I have ~2.4 GB free on my eMMC. I read somewhere that the download was 1.1 GB. If true, could this be a problem?

It could be, but the update need to appear in first place (and the size needed to install it). In my case and many others the update simply doesn't appear...
Someone tried release preview ring?

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
My experience, regardless of insider participation or not, is once you get to an AU build, whatever was available at the time, you are stuck there unless you use WDRT to revert back to 8.1 and repeat the process all over again. This was true for me in these 3 upgrade scenarios...

This was all prior to the first RS2 builds which are not what's delivered on Insider Fast.

which is where I sit now. Not sure what i'll do next but its far too time consuming to do this every time. Then there is the 'restore' which is always incomplete - the whole backup and restore process needs an overhaul.

Also not sure what will happen now that RS2 is on Fast, I assume maybe choosing Slow will get me the latest AU build, or with a little luck the UA will deliver the AU.

It is annoying.

It would be awesome of the WDRT prompted you which build you wanted to START with. Not sure why that isn't a basic function.

Hum. When I try to use WDRT, it misidentifies my phone as a Win JR LTE. (It's actually a Win HD LTE X150Q.) That's suspicious, so I don't allow the automatic process to go forward.

If I manually select the correct hardware model, and follow the on-screen instructions to kick my phone into manual upgrade mode, WDRT never recognizes its presence, and the restore doesn't proceed. So I cannot use WDRT to revert back to 8.1.

On the other hand, initially using the Upgrade Advisor to go from 8.1 to 10586.X went smoothly, and regular OTA updates have successfully brought me through all the normal production builds of Windows 10 up to 14393.67; I'm stalled there now.

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Might I suggest that anyone experiencing this problem up-vote the "Blu Win HD LTE not receiving latest production updates" entry on the "Feedback hub".

ajayaacharya

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I feel the problem is with AU update on the BLU WIN HD LTE. there might be some registry error on AU update for this phone that doesn't let the phone update to show up, this might be the reason that anyone updating from previous versions of win10m gets the update but ppl ald on any branch of AU update (14393) don't get the next cumulative update.
So I feel once you are on any version of 14393 build, you will not be able to get further updates as there is some problem with the 14393 registry for BLU WIN HD LTE.
If any one has been able to update their phone for a successive 14393 build (eg. 14393.5>14393.67 or 14393.67>14393.189) pls comment down below, so we can understand more of this problem.

unichips

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Hum. When I try to use WDRT, it misidentifies my phone as a Win JR LTE. (It's actually a Win HD LTE X150Q.) That's suspicious, so I don't allow the automatic process to go forward.

If I manually select the correct hardware model, and follow the on-screen instructions to kick my phone into manual upgrade mode, WDRT never recognizes its presence, and the restore doesn't proceed. So I cannot use WDRT to revert back to 8.1.

On the other hand, initially using the Upgrade Advisor to go from 8.1 to 10586.X went smoothly, and regular OTA updates have successfully brought me through all the normal production builds of Windows 10 up to 14393.67; I'm stalled there now.

So I tried WDRT on a different PC. It still mis-identified my phone automatically as before. However, I was able to get the phone into manual programming mode and install the correct Windows Phone 8.1 downgrade. After than, the Upgrade Advisor initially installed 10586.107, and from there I went directly to 14393.189 by a normal OTA upgrade.

The case seems very strong for some sort of bug specifically preventing ANY further updates after receiving your FIRST AU build.

Jogi for WP

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hope in upcoming new W10m update, problem will be solved with OTA update. In release notes of preview version 14393.221 MS stated on the top of the improvement list: "Improved reliability of the Windows Update Agent"

ADBB

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hope in upcoming new W10m update, problem will be solved with OTA update. In release notes of preview version 14393.221 MS stated on the top of the improvement list: "Improved reliability of the Windows Update Agent"

Wouldn't we have to have it installed to observe any improvement in updating? Anyway, here's to hoping...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb