NO UPDATE (Post AU)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I just reset my HD LTE to see if that would kick off the download of .448 ... Nope. Still stuck on .321 I've pressed "Check of updates" so many times, my fingers are getting sore :(

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Can someone confirm if Netflix app is working on .448??? That's the only reason I'll do all the WDRT steps again. Since AU Netflix get stuck on the logo screen after launch....
BLU support is useless for all the problems they say "reset/hard reset", the same was for the battery issue, when the solution was so simple (I founded the solution here in the forums)

Did the restore through the WDRT, got .448, netlfix is stuck on the spinning wheel.

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I tried the WDRT path, again... Wow, what a mess that turned out to be. It went through the process, booted up, then things went south after that. Couldn't update any apps, or install any new apps. Tried various resets, and what everything I could find about resetting the phone. I finally gave up and went to the Microsoft Store and let them try.

They tried, and tried (in the back room). They came out and said it's messed up. Fortunately I had the Complete Care package and they just swapped out the phone with a Lumia 650. Oddly enough, right next to me was a girl with the same phone having issues of her own with it. Battery not charging, random power downs, screen not responsive. This was her 3rd BLUE win HD LTE since January. She too was given a Lumia 650 as a replacement.

But only bad part, is that Microsoft has stopped the Complete Care package for mobile devices. :eck: So now I have to be extra careful with this phone, because if I break it, I'm stuck paying for a new phone.

Then to top it off, I'm with MetroPCS and trying to get the new EMEI number registered was an utter nightmare. MetroPCS's web site and back end was being updated today (I don't think it's going well). I couldn't make any phone calls, text's, etc. I tried calling their support line via Skype, and they said that I would have to call back because even they couldn't make any changes in the system. So 4 hours later I eventually got through and they were able to make the appropriate changes and give me a functioning phone.

Talk about a wasted day.

zeruel27

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
HI frinds my english is not great, i have the blu win hd lte x150q, with the same problem of ota update, the last update i did with wrt and the firmware change xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 015 and the update was 14393.321, and the phone gone wild with the battery life dont charge properly, yesterday, i used again the wrt but for any change that i make the phone like recovery wrt and the update to Windows 10, i reset the phone to the factory restore, arent know if this help but now i have the 14393.448 an the battery works nice, netflix i tried but dont work, and i test for a game fruit ninja and works well

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy. Well, perhaps I won't be attempting the WDRT anytime soon. Good luck with the 650, they look like nice phones.
Oddly enough, I have used WDRT on my HD LTE many times, without any issues. Just this time, everything went pear shaped for some reason.

Three things about the 650 I have noticed compared to the HD LTE:

1. WM10 on the 650 is incredible compared to the HD LTE. No more issues with universal windows apps being confused on which user interface to display. Facebook, Excel, Word, etc. all look right and are easy to use.

2. The 650 does feel a bit slower than the HD LTE. But since apps display the proper interface, finally, I don't care.

3. The 650 doesn't like my motorcycle Bluetooth headset (Sena SMH10) :( No matter if I toggle the "use an alternate Bluetooth audio connection for speech" I can't do speech to text with Cortana. I guess I'll have to upgrade my helmet system, sigh...

P.S.
Actually 4 things, I forget about the camera. Finally the camera app finally focuses properly on the 650. With the HD LTE, the camera could never auto focus properly. It was always bouncing around trying to focus, even if I tried manual mode. I lost so many "moments" in my life because of out of focus pictures with WM10 on the HD LTE. Just playing around with the 650 camera it focus's quickly and properly.

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Not that this matters if you're a Blu owner, but I actually put mine back to 8.1 and have left it there. I couldn't get updates and it just wasn't super stable as well. It's now my backup to my backup (950) to my new Idol 4S. I still have soft spot for this phone as it was such a great device. Too bad they haven't put WM10 on a Vivo 5 or 5R. I need to sell a couple phones on the marketplace obviously. Lol. If you can swing the Idol 4S & you're on t-mobile, its worth it by a landslide. Such a night & day experience. (for example, Netflix is rock solid on it.)The 650 would be a very nice switch as well.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got a hold of my mother in law's x150Q and going through the process to put the latest anniversary, but noticed something odd from what's been reported here.

I updated to the latest software with wdrt, then I installed windows insider, set to release preview and phone update said phone was up to date! Then I saw notes about upgrade advisor and did that but it's installing threshold 10586.73

Didn't expect that, should I have just waited longer for the insider program to put me to anniversary update from 8.1?

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi, after enabling w10m upgrade through upgrade advisor then you should get 10586, and then 14393, so everything is alright, however could you tell what branch are you on? rs1_release_inmarket or rs1_release_inmarket_rim after the upgrade, or if you still haven't fully upgraded to the lastest rs1 build even before the upgrade? (you can check that in the about screen of the insider app).

I am trying to get the culprit on the issue, and at least my device shows phone as being on rs1_release_inmarket_rim which is actually up to date (14393.448 mobile build) according to buildfeed.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi, after enabling w10m upgrade through upgrade advisor then you should get 10586, and then 14393, so everything is alright, however could you tell what branch are you on? rs1_release_inmarket or rs1_release_inmarket_rim after the upgrade, or if you still haven't fully upgraded to the lastest rs1 build even before the upgrade? (you can check that in the about screen of the insider app).

Thanks for the confirmation

I just checked what you asked and it shows rs1_release_inmarket

I have 14393.594

my mom in law's account was never an insider before if it makes any difference.

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
That's an interesting info, my x150e is on rs1_release_inmarket_rim which can explain lack of updates, however everything should be fine on rs1_release_inmarket.

Since the last restore I think mine wasn't either, but insider after official release of rs1 doesn't work (at least for me).

Thanks for the info!

Can anyone else who doesn't get updates and are using rs1 confirm whether their devices are on rs1_release_inmarket or rs1_release_inmarket_rim?

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
That's an interesting info, my x150e is on rs1_release_inmarket_rim which can explain lack of updates, however everything should be fine on rs1_release_inmarket.

Since the last restore I think mine wasn't either, but insider after official release of rs1 doesn't work (at least for me).

Thanks for the info!

Can anyone else who doesn't get updates and are using rs1 confirm whether their devices are on rs1_release_inmarket or rs1_release_inmarket_rim?

like others after the au I stop receiving public updates, I'm on 14393.321, to get there I did the wdrt to 8.1 and all the steps (2 1/2 hours for finishing to install updates and apps!!!). How can I check the rs1_........? I'm not a insider, but anything that let me update the phone without doing all the wdrt steps again is welcome!

gabriel92

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
like others after the au I stop receiving public updates, I'm on 14393.321, to get there I did the wdrt to 8.1 and all the steps (2 1/2 hours for finishing to install updates and apps!!!). How can I check the rs1_........? I'm not a insider, but anything that let me update the phone without doing all the wdrt steps again is welcome!

Insider app-> 3 dots -> about, to see it you do not need to be enrolled as insider.

However, as you're on .321 I suppose you are on rs1_release_inmarket, one of my thoughts was that it could be due to branches as after quite long research on the registry itself and on microsoft website (OEM customizable registry keys) I did not find anything useful, so just did restore through wdrt process, as on phone when connected via usb internal memory showed most of the system files (mostly read-only, but some were writable), got some log files there as well (some with errors about updates, but not sure whether they are related to the app store or windows updates (seemed to be a mixture)).

Also this time once 10586 build got installed I have tried to install DeviceForm provisioning package, maybe after update to 14393 device form will change, or maybe netflix will start to work lol, will post back in case anything of the above would work.

JMX777

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Insider app-> 3 dots -> about, to see it you do not need to be enrolled as insider.

However, as you're on .321 I suppose you are on rs1_release_inmarket, one of my thoughts was that it could be due to branches as after quite long research on the registry itself and on microsoft website (OEM customizable registry keys) I did not find anything useful, so just did restore through wdrt process, as on phone when connected via usb internal memory showed most of the system files (mostly read-only, but some were writable), got some log files there as well (some with errors about updates, but not sure whether they are related to the app store or windows updates (seemed to be a mixture)).

Also this time once 10586 build got installed I have tried to install DeviceForm provisioning package, maybe after update to 14393 device form will change, or maybe netflix will start to work lol, will post back in case anything of the above would work.

Lol Netflix...., I've using edge (on desktop render mode) for Netflix but the app used to be much faster, the windows central w10 app don't work too . Thx for the info! I'll wait for news!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234