NO UPDATE (Post AU)

Codster314

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm a little confused. This guy said he has CU on his BLU WIN HD LTE... Is this guy a lier? or has others got the CU in one of the Insider Tracks?

https://arstechnica.com/information...-of-phones-eligible/?comments=1&post=33220641
On the Insider track, several Win8 phones can install Creators Update. I have it on a BLU Win LTE X150Q. It is officially off support for Win10, but is still eligible for the Windows Insider Win 10 Mobile beta test program. Anyone who has an older WinPhone that meets the minimum Win10 requirements should enroll in Windows Insider and install the Upgrade Advisor from the phone store.

benchesh

May 27, 2017
Visit site
BLU Win HD LTE X150E user running 10.0.14393.1066. I think that's the latest OS you can possibly get on it. It's pretty stable though so I think it's fine. The battery doesn't seem to drain as quickly as it used to.

To get this OS I used the recovery tool to downgrade my phone back to 8.1, then upgrade to 10 (pre-anniversary version). I then tried to use the Insider app (redundant after the anniversary update) to upgrade to Windows 10 Creators (Release Preview Ring) to no avail. No system updates were detected at all. Reverting back to normal made the phone detect and install 10.0.14393.1066. The Windows Insider Programme on this OS doesn't find any newer build for me.

UPDATE: Have been running 10.0.14393.1066 for a few weeks. I have yet to run into the extremely annoying bug on an earlier build whereby the phone incorrectly thinks the battery level is lower than it actually is. There are some bugs that I still encounter. This includes:
  • The complete inability to set up a mobile hotspot.
  • Occasionally fails to switch from one SIM to another, leaving the phone disconnected from cellular entirely. A reboot fixes it.
  • Buttons on the notifications menu are sometimes unresponsive, requiring you to go to the settings screen instead.
  • Brightness levels often need to be manually adjusted for optimal viewing. Some brightness flickering occurs though it does not seem to be as bad as it was on an earlier build.
  • I sometimes get a notification seemingly for nothing at all. The phone will behave like it just received a notification, but nothing pops up and nothing new is displayed on the notification list. This could be the fault of an app and not the OS though.
It's OK overall. My next phone will definitely not be a Windows Phone though.

Last edited:

SirThoreth

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
BLU Win HD LTE X150E user running 10.0.14393.1066. I think that's the latest OS you can possibly get on it. It's pretty stable though so I think it's fine. The battery doesn't seem to drain as quickly as it used to.

To get this OS I used the recovery tool to downgrade my phone back to 8.1, then upgrade to 10 (pre-anniversary version). I then tried to use the Insider app (redundant after the anniversary update) to upgrade to Windows 10 Creators (Release Preview Ring) to no avail. No system updates were detected at all. Reverting back to normal made the phone detect and install 10.0.14393.1066. The Windows Insider Programme on this OS doesn't find any newer build for me.

Exact same thing I found, unfortunately.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

My mom in law's x150q is on 14393.953 still and mentioning high drain while using the phone for like whatsapp. Good to know going through the process one more time perhaps should settle it down for her.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
just for history sake, my mom in law still complaining the phone gets pretty hot with using calls on whatsapp for example. Wifi connection

benchesh

May 27, 2017
Visit site
I've migrated over to Android now.

I actually prefer the design of Windows 10 Mobile in many ways (the myTube app is just brilliant), so I'm still using my BLU phone as a secondary device. I probably wouldn't have made the switch if the OS was stable. As much as I like the idea, UWP apps seem to be too much to handle for current mobile platforms. Windows 8.1, while vastly inferior to 10 in its feature-set, was actually pretty snappy on the BLU phone.

It'd take a lot to get me to switch back to Windows anytime soon as it seems Microsoft are leaving their current mobile customers behind to focus on a future OS. A real shame. And I just get the feeling history will only repeat itself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05