hard reset my windows phone

sala10

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi I have a doubt and I would like that somebody help me out resolving it.

My device is a BLU WIN HD LTE and I upgraded it to W10 a couple month ago but recently I start to have problem with my battery so I decide to make a hard reset to see If this issue can be solve but the problem and my doubt is that I never done a hard reset before so I don't know what steps do I need to do before doing it : To save my stuff ( I just care about my contacts and my WhatsApp messages , I really don't care if I loose things from other apps but if there is a method I can save it all will be good) and another reason that I wanted to do a hard reset is because I recently join the windows insiders program and I don't getting any builds from it.

And Last I don't know if doing the hard reset i could get back to the original OS of this phone which if W 8.1 and if I would like to go up to W10 I can't find in the store the " upgrade advisor app" so I'm afraid if I can't upgrade it to W 10 again

Thanks. And I hope you can help me

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Doing a hard reset will not reset the device to the original OS it shipped with (whatever you had when you turned on the phone). Only using the windows devices recovery tool would do this.

As for contacts. Pretty sure those are linked to your current MS account (the account you used when you started up the phone). Head over to people.live.com; sign in and check if all contacts are there. If they are, simply using the same account after the hard reset will allow you to access all of your previous contacts again.

As for whatsapp, I'm not entirely sure. If your phone has an SD card it should be possible to make a backup of your chats.

There is an option under settings (whatsapp); give it a shot?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

sala10

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. And I take the opportunity to ask you if you know something about why I don't receive any builds from the inside program? I'm on the " release preview". Any info that you can give me about this would help me. Thanks

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. And I take the opportunity to ask you if you know something about why I don't receive any builds from the inside program? I'm on the " release preview". Any info that you can give me about this would help me. Thanks

What is your current build number?

sala10

May 11, 2017
Visit site
@ Amunarjoh
My device when is plugged in charging starts to discharge for not reason and then reboots itself. That's basically it. I will review the post you send. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon