The correct update BLU Win HD LTE (X150Q, X150E) on Windows 10 Mobile

kovalDN

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@kovalDN wait a minute, what does this do? If I wrt back to windows 8.1 then somehow install the cab updates in the text file, it will update to creators update though phone update?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@kovalDN

Sorry to ask so many questions.... I just want be clear on the process

So I MUST to reset back to wp8.1 first? Right now rhe phone is on 14393 or something.

Installing the cab mean just open the link the your text file on the phone and run the cab file individually somehow?

Then I just goto phone update and update the phone?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks @kovalDN, when I get the phone from my mom in law I look forward to try... maybe it's still a good phone to buy if I can get for cheap, Anniversary update is still ok enough for my parents!! But would like to see how feature 2 is on it!

p0ss3

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Thank you kovalDN.

After downloading the posted CAB file links, reading the guide you pointed out to anthonyng and resetting my phone back to Windows Phone 8.1 (via WDRT), I was successful in updating my BLU Win HD LTE (X150Q) to the latest version of Creators Update that is currently being offered now.

wp_ss_20180107_0004.png

I do have a question though.

How do you update BLU Win HD LTE (X150Q) to the latest Fall Creators Update? No matter what branch I'm in (Release Preview, Slow, Fast) when I join Windows Insider, it keeps telling me I have the latest version installed. Creators Update is the latest version I can get OTA. Any ideas?

kovalDN

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
What guide would you recommend I read in order to accomplish this?
It does not matter. To edit the registry in any way.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/w...s-10-mobile-reg-tweaks-no-interop-unlock.html
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo]
"PhoneManufacturerDisplayName"="Microsoft"
"PhoneManufacturer"="MicrosoftMDG"
"PhoneManufacturerModelName"="RM-1154_15855"
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-RU"
"PhoneModelName"="Lumia 650 Dual SIM"
"PhoneHardwareVariant"="RM-1154"

Last edited:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to follow up with your experience @p0ss3! How's the phone now? Battery? It's just my mother in law phone but still very capable... Is it better? Any mix up with using Lumia reg hack?

p0ss3

Dec 31, 2017
Visit site
Thanks to follow up with your experience @p0ss3! How's the phone now? Battery? It's just my mother in law phone but still very capable... Is it better? Any mix up with using Lumia reg hack?

Phone runs about the same (performance and battery wise) as Anniversary Update. As far as app compatibility goes when it comes to running feature2 on this phone, can't say for sure how well the remaining apps that are still available in the store will run.

* Microsoft own apps seems to run fine.

* Netflix app still doesn't work after updating to feature2. Hangs at the Netflix screen.

* Microsoft Store runs a little sluggish. Fluent design (transparency effect) is now enabled. Probably explains why it's a little sluggish now.

If you do plan on upgrading to feature2, make sure you set the 'Size of text, apps, and items on this display' to 150% under display setting before applying the registry trick that kovalDN provided. After rebooting the phone, the display is going to look weird. You will still be able to navigate your way through in order to update your phone.

Once the phone has been updated to feature2, reset the phone. Everything will return to normal, including any registry changes that was made in order to get feature2 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077