New Update Dec 28th

Portlandia

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If anyone updated BLU WinHD to update of Dec 28th then please confirm if you have option to change to 2 tile settings instead of 3 now? In last update they removed the option of 2-tiles and after reading about it I decided to not update as 3 tile settings make everything look very small.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I think that change was optional? In other words you can decide how many tiles you want in a row. That's how it worked on my phones anyways

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
As i understand it, the change to three columns only is from 8.1 update 1. The Dec 28th update is supposed to be a firmware update and not software related. I've updated to update 1 and no, there is no longer an option to not show more tiles. Three columns only.

I'm also curious to see who has even updated firmware released today. I'm on 20001.11251 since 8.1 update 1 and hasn't seen the new update yet.

John Hill

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I am also on 20001.11251
I have checked and no update I read an article that it is a firmware update to fix the laggy screen.
I have yet to see it, USA AT&T.
--john

Portlandia

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So am not updating my phone with this new update. This is really bad service from BLU and also Microsoft as they themselves making these updates for small OEMs. Show more tiles option should be made available for people who don't want small text on home screen. If it was never there when I bought the phone then it makes sense but removing option after you buy is bad service.

This phone going back to store if they don't send update in next 5-6days.

As i understand it, the change to three columns only is from 8.1 update 1. The Dec 28th update is supposed to be a firmware update and not software related. I've updated to update 1 and no, there is no longer an option to not show more tiles. Three columns only.

I'm also curious to see who has even updated firmware released today. I'm on 20001.11251 since 8.1 update 1 and hasn't seen the new update yet.

zangxuma

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So am not updating my phone with this new update. This is really bad service from BLU and also Microsoft as they themselves making these updates for small OEMs. Show more tiles option should be made available for people who don't want small text on home screen. If it was never there when I bought the phone then it makes sense but removing option after you buy is bad service.

This phone going back to store if they don't send update in next 5-6days.

oh i think so update system

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
If anyone updated BLU WinHD to update of Dec 28th then please confirm if you have option to change to 2 tile settings instead of 3 now? In last update they removed the option of 2-tiles and after reading about it I decided to not update as 3 tile settings make everything look very small.

That happened with my wife blue HD as well.... I think they removed the option

John Hill

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Could someone clear up for me: I am not a developer. I bought my Win HD from a Microsoft store. It says open market device (BLU)
OS 8.10.14203.306 firmware 00510.24500.20001.11251 etc.
Nothing about developer. I would says this is an unlocked phone Not a developer phone, correct?
I received the 8.1 update 1. But not this firmware update. Who supplies that?
Thanks

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Could someone clear up for me: I am not a developer. I bought my Win HD from a Microsoft store. It says open market device (BLU)
OS 8.10.14203.306 firmware 00510.24500.20001.11251 etc.
Nothing about developer. I would says this is an unlocked phone Not a developer phone, correct?
I received the 8.1 update 1. But not this firmware update. Who supplies that?
Thanks

Heya John, what we have here is a factory SIM unlocked phone, as in it isn't locked to any carrier from the get go. You have to enrol to get on the Preview for Developer program (and get early builds of the OS). Even when enrolled, the PFD program doesn't include firmware updates as those come from manufacturers. So yessss, we're all waiting for the BLU update, which probably has been submitted to MS for distribution to us... but still hasn't seen anyone with it yet.

aa_chow

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Not on developer preview. No firmware update yet.

Currently on firmware 20001.11251.

For those who got the firmware update that fixes the touch screen, what is your firmware version after update?

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think there isn't a new FW for us. This "update" is just to get anyone with older FW to our 11251 version. Haven't read anyone who has received newer FW.......

aa_chow

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm starting to think there isn't a new FW for us. This "update" is just to get anyone with older FW to our 11251 version. Haven't read anyone who has received newer FW.......

That's my feeling too. I don't experience any sensitivity issues while charging, although I do experience scrolling registering as a tap.

vanel321

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I called to tech support blu in mexico which confirmed the launch of fimware last week.
But my fimware version is older:
And I could not update
They just told me to wait for the update.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the 11251 might also be only for the 510U version and not the L version. It's a bit of a mess with some confusion added in. Guess we have to just wait, unless Blu is wiling to provide the new FW version and some kind of change log on their site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster