Bitlocker Screen Of Death

jsmi033

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm really hoping someone has seen this, and can help. First things first....the phone is a Blu Win HD with 8.1 on it. Up until this morning, this phone worked great, and I hope I can fix this issue so I can get back to using it.

This morning, I turned my phone off to board a flight. It had worked perfectly right up until that point. When I turned it back on, it went to the Bitlocker recovery blue screen, and goes no further. I never enabled bitlocker myself, though I suspect work did when I connected my phone to the internal network. However, they deny that they enable bitlocker on phones, so there is no help there.

I am perfectly happy doing a hard reset, and just setting it all up from scratch to get around this error...except that the hard reset key combination doesn't seem to be working for me.

1) I pulled the battery to make sure it's all the way off.
2) I hold volume down and power at the same time...when I feel the vibration, I let both go.
3) I immediately push volume down, and hold it down. Here's where it seems to go bad.
Instead of seeing the giant exclamation point, it just loops through the BLU logo screen to black, vibrates, and then back to the BLU screen, back to the black screen, vibrate, etc.

At this point, I am desperate...if it's something simple I am doing wrong, I don't mind being called an *****, as long as you also tell me what I'm doing wrong. lol

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

Jim

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You're correct in thinking your IT department probably enabled Bitlocker.
And it could be that encryption that's causing the normal hard reset process to not get where it needs to in step 3.
Dash.
Might be worth logging a ticket with Blu.
On the plus side, assuming you had a business flight, I'd be straight down the shops and expensing a new handset, of my choosing.

jsmi033

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I came to the same assumptions you did...they enabled bitlocker on me, and that's what's causing the boot loop. I opened a ticket with BLU last night, hopefully they respond soon. I really love the phone, and don't want to replace it...I bought it to replace a Nokia 920 with a cracked digitizer.

I'll update here on what finally happens so if anyone else has this happen to them, they at least can shortcut all the troubleshooting and research I did yesterday. lol

jsmi033

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
So, just a quick update for every one. I opened a case with BLU, and sent my phone back to them. Luckily I have a Nokia 920 I could use...it has a cracked screen, and is barely usable, which is why I bought the BLU. Anyway, I sent the phone in, and a few days later, I got a call from BLU support. I had the white phone, but support gave me a choice...wait a few weeks for a white phone (it was out of stock, of course), or they could send me the orange version. Since I'm not that hung up the color, I told to send me the orange one. A week later, I had my orange phone, and everything was wonderful.

And when I say orange, I mean ORANGE! I could wear this thing deer hunting, and everyone would see me with no problem. :)

Overall, BLU support was easy to work with, took care of me, and I'm back to being extremely satisfied. But I am going to buy a new digitizer/display and fix my 920, just as a backup, and to play with Windows 10 phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos