Windows 10 Insider Help?

Tokumeii

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
I have successfully installed Windows 10 Insider Mobile on my BLU Win HD W510u using the Windows Insider App but now that I've seen what's going to come in the future, I'm ready to go back to a stable build of Windows 8.1. Problem (as you might have guessed) is that I can't go back due to the fact that the Windows Phone Recovery Tool only supports Nokia Lumia and HTC devices. I've contacted BLU for help and so far no reply. Can anyone help me?

Sorry for any errors, I'm a Newbie.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150923_0002.png
    wp_ss_20150923_0002.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 2

Bruno Blanes

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have successfully installed Windows 10 Insider Mobile on my BLU Win HD W510u using the Windows Insider App but now that I've seen what's going to come in the future, I'm ready to go back to a stable build of Windows 8.1. Problem (as you might have guessed) is that I can't go back due to the fact that the Windows Phone Recovery Tool only supports Nokia Lumia and HTC devices. I've contacted BLU for help and so far no reply. Can anyone help me?

Sorry for any errors, I'm a Newbie.

Yes, since the moment you jointed the Windows Insider Program you lost your phone's warranty, sorry about that but Microsoft did leave it pretty clear. So now that we know BLU won't help you, let's go through your options: You got none.
Since the Recovery Tool is the ONLY tool for that and Gabe Aul said "not supported phones will see the update but should not download" and you did, there's nothing to do now. Microsoft is working on a fix for those phones which were updated, so sit tight and wait.

Tokumeii

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Alright, thank you good sir, if you'll excuse me I shall now return to my cave and wait either for a stable version of Windows 10 Mobile or a recovery tool that supports the BLU Win HD.

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Since I had a backup phone, I took a chance and installed the Insider app to see if I could update to GDR2, at least. The audio output seemed to improve, but video playback is now limited to low res, and the ringer/notification doesn't always work. I can't use the Recovery Tool until Blu supplies an image to MS, so I've put the phone away until WP10 is available. It wasn't a good idea, and I wouldn't recommend it. I really like the phone, otherwise, and think it should handle the legit version of WP10 just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa