Finally an update for BLU Win HD

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday through the "Windows Insiders" tool Microsoft announced the possibility of firmware and software updates for Windows 10 Mobile, my device currently has version 10.0.10536.1004 result of the upgrade failure a few months ago and I could not do the rollback because there is no support for the brand devices in the "Windows Device Recovery Tool".

Well I have made the move to the "Production" mode and after running the search for updates got a new version that is 10.0.10586.29 I'm still downloading it, has been a few hours now, take several time to get the full download, sometimes the percentage progress seems to be static but be patient. Now I'm at 64%, when I can be able to do the installation I will continue with the post.

Greetings and I hope that this info can be helpful for the many BLU Win HD owners out there.

Win BLU HD
Application version - 1.3.233.2
OS version - 10.0.10536.1004
Fork - TH2_RELEASE_MOB
OEM - BLU
Model - w510u
00510.24500.20001.12241 - FW version
MEID - Not available
MDN - Not available
MOID - 000-88
Id comment -. 5F469E0D80E25CE41D7107DE5450A7F4
WPS ID - 53876d3922a34ff1a04cc87133e1233eeabf54baf016a6a6adfbc9e61a916701
Available space sys - 139,423,744 bytes
A-Last run - Not available
A-Trigger - Not available
A-Pending - 0
Cab refresh - Not available
Cab timestamp - Not available
DPP unlocked - False

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Finally I've finish after hours invested in downloading and installing the build 10.0.10586.29 for my BLU Win HD, sometimes the download progress was stuck in a porcentage but given it enough time the advance was significatly, especially after 60%, the other part, the preparation for the install was also pretty slow, but again be patience.

When all was ready for install the update program itself couldn't reboot the device, so I did a soft reset, then I went to the update section and I pressed the reboot button from there the install started normally.

Though I recomed do a factory reset once the install is complete, it delivers a clean and more reliable O.S. to start fresh.

Wrap up

The UI is smoother, snappy and with almost no errors at performance, the usual soft resets when installing the commons apps is the most annoying at the moment, the new features are not the cut of the edge but they are welcome.

More comments on improved overall performance and battery life after a few days of testing this new build.

My advice, go there and get yours, its a no brainer. I left some pics of the UI and device info.

wp_ss_20160128_0003.png
wp_ss_20160128_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20160128_0002.jpg

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The three options are only available for those who already have Windows 10 and have the Windows insider preview on their phone. Unfortunately, Win 8.1 devices won't see this update.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying to force my phone to see an update by switching rings unregistering etc. Nothing. Maybe, just maybe this is a sign of things to come relatively soon.

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Ok now it's been almost a week since the upgrade I can say that its a solid stable build almost ready for mass distribution, here is the list of some of the pros and cons of my upgraded device so far.

PROS

*Battery life improved, now I get a full day of work without a charge (Obviously gaming is a drainer always).
*Quicker reboots and almost instant access to all the apps from the start, lock screen without lag.
*Now I can use all my apps without crashes (Finally, and I mean all of them).
*Keyboard, OMG is really responsive and accurate, no more swapping between languages or incorrect letter tapping.
*More stable network,wifi and bluetooth connections, specially on phone calls and text messaging.
*Great advances with the UI, more friendlier and intuitive.

CONS

*Minor bugs on the ambient light sensor on reboots (But you can set it on automatic and it will work properly every time).
*There is still some issues with the contacts tile animation, but we can live with it.
*I wasn't been able to get the next build 10586.70 that is available for insiders in the fast ring (I guess is a matter of time).

WRAP UP

So far this is the small review for my updated BLU Win HD, in a few more days I'll have a more in-depth review involving VPN, Wi-Fi Zones, Antutu benchmarks and so.

Have a nice one, all your comments are highly appreciated.

Dahliska

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
After posting my question I was PM'd by the OP who answered my questions, he asked me to post the PM's as he is currently unable to post to this thread. Hope it helps someone else aswell.
Dahliska said:
How long after installing the insider app does it take to receive updates?
Dahliska said:
Lorente Torruco Olvera said:
Dahliska said:
Lorente Torruco Olvera said:
Inmediatly, go to Insiders apps, select production mode and then go check for updates manually in the configuration menu.
When I open the app I only have the option of fast or slow then it reboots, opening the app again shows nothing new and I do not receive updates
Then is only working for those who had installed the 10536 build on their devices, as I stated on my first post, I did have not received any of the other updates via Insiders App until a few day ago in the newly Production mode, in fact I'm on 10586.29 and I have not received the 10586.71 build on slow or fast ring configuration either.
How would I install that build as I do not currently see any. Everything online says that build is broken for unsupported devices.
I got my update from 8.1 to 10536 as the result of a distribution error between the members of the fast insiders ring app, and oh boy! that was luck and also a curse, because this is my only windows phone device and at the beginning was so annoying and full with bugs that almost made me buy another one. Until a few day ago I set my insiders app in production mode as a last resource to get an update and voila! there was the 10586.29 waiting to be installed.
My advice for you is to set the insiders app in the fast ring mode, is only a matter of time for MS to start releasing the builds for all of us. Be patience and stay close to the post on this forum.
One small favor, would you mind posting all our private chats in the main thread? I've been answering in this mode because is the only posible way for me to do it at this moment.
Have a nice one :)

Thank you again Lorente

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos