Keeps rebooting, seems SIM related

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Picked up one of these for my sister-in-law but when we put her micro SIM in there (with an adapter) it keeps rebooting within about 5-10 seconds of booting up. We tried the second SIM slot and it seems to last longer but the signal will just keep flipping on and off in the top bar. We're on AT&T, do you think we need to get a non-LTE full-size SIM or something? Since our SIMs do anything from E to 4G (HSPA?) to LTE I assumed it'd just pick the right frequency automatically.

When there is no SIM installed it works perfectly fine, no reboots. We've tried her micro SIM and mine, both slots. Both SIMs work fine in a 630 and 1020.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I think you need to get the original size sim for the phone. I had the opposite problem. It was a larger sim cut down to the micro size and I would get frequent reboots. I'm not sure if that's exactly your problem but I would start there. Does it happen without the sim card?

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After some close examination it looks like the SIM adapter may not have been keeping the SIM flush. I'm switching to a full size SIM to see if that helps.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I forgot to update this thread. The new SIM card was doing the same thing until I called AT&T and they activated the SIM. Then it stopped, I think it may have had something to do with AT&T not recognizing a non AT&T device maybe. Once the SIM was activated it stopped. Then it would only reboot when opening 6tag, but Rudy is working on a fix for that already.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720