How do I enable 2g?

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
how to enable 2G

hi
i just got my blu win jr as a 2nd phone the specail price was too good and i also wanted an win phone so i got it
just recived it a few hrs back .Now i want to stay on 2G connection as the connection isnt all that good here
what i can do on my other android phone is change the NW to 2g and change it to LTE when i want to use data
i dont see this option on this phone can any one kindly guide me

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to enable 2G

Hmm, do you know if your BLU has Update 2, or 1?

You can find that in Settings->About.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

Simply go to SETTINGS -> CELLULAR+SIM and turn off MOBILE DATA. That should do the trick and keep you on 2G only.

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

hi my dat is not on and still my phone is showing LTE u see at my place i dont get good reception on LTE on my old lumia 535 i had the option to chose 3g or 2g net work i also have the same on my other android phone but dont see this on this phone any help pls

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Simply go to SETTINGS -> CELLULAR+SIM and turn off MOBILE DATA. That should do the trick and keep you on 2G only.

Lol that turns off data completely.

@OP: Do you see a "highest connection speed" option under settings >> cellular+sim?

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I know but, essentially, that's how I understand it what OT wants to do: Turn data (and 3g) on when needed. On a Windows Phone, that's how you do it. :)

He said:

what i can do on my other android phone is change the NW to 2g and change it to LTE when i want to use data

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

@OP: Do you see a "highest connection speed" option under settings >> cellular+sim?

no i dont see that may be i need to have the 2nd sim to have the option for 2 g on one sim i dont have 2 sims as of now using only one sim

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I know but, essentially, that's how I understand it what OT wants to do: Turn data (and 3g) on when needed. On a Windows Phone, that's how you do it. :)

Turn off data? Yes that's how you do it on WP. But 2G does also allow data to operate at slow speeds, enough for chat programs to work. But as you mentioned, if the OP wishes to turn off data completely then you're correct.

no i dont see that may be i need to have the 2nd sim to have the option for 2 g on one sim i dont have 2 sims as of now using only one sim

If you don't see that switch now then it probably means your ROM lacks that feature, adding a second SIM won't help.

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Turn off data? Yes that's how you do it on WP. But 2G does also allow data to operate at slow speeds, enough for chat programs to work. But as you mentioned, if the OP wishes to turn off data completely then you're correct.

If you don't see that switch now then it probably means your ROM lacks that feature, adding a second SIM won't help.
hi
thanks again buddy i did see that on the lumia635 i had this might be a problem asuming ur from india u know how our 4g is not all that reliable at least not at chennai but then i also have Mi4i may be ill need to use that when their is a problem on network.May be ill get that feature on the next update

smokin901

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

hi
i just got my blu win jr as a 2nd phone the specail price was too good and i also wanted an win phone so i got it
just recived it a few hrs back .Now i want to stay on 2G connection as the connection isnt all that good here
i dont see this option on this phone can any one kindly guide me
Only way to do it to select operator manually and select 2G.

Why do you want to use 2G . My wife gets 2.5 days of usage on single charge on 3G . That includes 6-7 hrs of calls rest on whatsapp and email.

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Only way to do it to select operator manually and select 2G.

Why do you want to use 2G . My wife gets 2.5 days of usage on single charge on 3G . That includes 6-7 hrs of calls rest on whatsapp and email.

hi
i live in chennai tamilnadu india and the 4g network isnt all that good so what i do is stay on 2g and when i want to use data i change to 4g and brows this i can do on my other android phone so wanted to do the same on this too thanks for ur kind reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte