Win JR LTE Updated to Win 10 - anyone else also?

Derren Ball

May 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi, my BLU Win JR LTE finally updated to Windows 10 this morning. Generally seems ok, but appears to have lost a lot of information (call history, text messages etc) and have had to make multiple attempts to add and link emails and social network accounts. Has anyone else had the update and had similar issues, and if so any advice on smoothing the transition?

suppax

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm gonna check tomorrow if it's available on mine, meanwhile can u tell us if u receive it OTA and if u did install the latest image from WDRT before upgrading?

edit: here it's not available, are u sure u didn't install the insider preview?

Last edited:

akram ansari

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi, my BLU Win JR LTE finally updated to Windows 10 this morning. Generally seems ok, but appears to have lost a lot of information (call history, text messages etc) and have had to make multiple attempts to add and link emails and social network accounts. Has anyone else had the update and had similar issues, and if so any advice on smoothing the transition?

Did u Install update via windows insider ??

shenandoah

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Folks,

I've got the BLU Win Jr LTE X130q version (US), with 512mb RAM and 4Gb of internal storage. The phone is updated to Windows 8.1 Update 2. On Saturday I had a pop-up message that a software update was available. When I got home and was on wifi I downloaded the update. When I clicked on install there was a message about installing Windows 10. The phone restarted and tried to install from the memory card but the update failed. i tried several times but could not get the phone to update using the memory card.

i'm guessing that it was trying to install from the memory card as there was only 1.1Gb of free internal storage. I did a RESET to see if that would allow the update to come through. That didn't work either.

I also connected the phone to WDRT and saw there was a firmware update, but I could not get that to install either. It would download, I'd put the phone in FLASH mode, but then the update would fail.

Just an update for those with the BLU Win Jr LTE US version.

Eric

kenny081

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Stay out of the Fast Ring!!

My UK Blu Win Jr LTE x130e updated to build 10586 on saturday. I was signed up to Fast Ring on the insider preview, so overnight it updated to build 14332.
On the most recent version, I can't press the bottom 1/4 of the screen. Any presses there are registered about 3 cm higher.
I had tried changing the sizes in the display settings, and while each time, the size of the items on screen changed, i still couldn't tap on the app bar at the bottom.
I've since reset my phone and i still can't press anything in the bottom part of the screen. Which means i can't select "Next" to move to the next stage of the initial setup process!
And WDRT has recently been updated to include the Blu Win Jr, but attempting to recover results in the error at the bottom of this post.

So now i just have to wait and hope that WDRT gets updated with a fix that will let me restore the phone...

2016-05-09 12:10:57Z | 8920 (WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool) | 0x00000005 | Microsoft.WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool.LogicCommon.dll | Microsoft.WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool.LogicCommon.LucidConnectivity.UsbDeviceScanner | Warning | Bus reported device description: not found | <!CDATA[[System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: Could not find device property with the specified key.
Key: {540b947e-8b40-45bc-a8a2-6a0b894cbda2}[4] (DEVPKEY_Device_BusReportedDeviceDesc) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Element not found
at Nokia.Lucid.DeviceInformation.NativeDeviceInfoSetExtensions.GetDeviceProperty(INativeDeviceInfoSet deviceInfoSet, SP_DEVINFO_DATA& deviceData, PropertyKey& propertyKey, Int32& propertyType)
at Nokia.Lucid.DeviceInformation.DeviceInfo.Nokia.Lucid.DeviceInformation.IDevicePropertySet.ReadProperty(PropertyKey key, IPropertyValueFormatter formatter)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Nokia.Lucid.DeviceInformation.DeviceInfo.Nokia.Lucid.DeviceInformation.IDevicePropertySet.ReadProperty(PropertyKey key, IPropertyValueFormatter formatter)
at Nokia.Lucid.DeviceInformation.DevicePropertySetExtensions.ReadBusReportedDeviceDescription(IDevicePropertySet propertySet)

wards242

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem!
I could not put in the correct number to get into the phone so could not reset or hard boot.
Used the button sequence on the side of the phone to do a hard reset and had the explanation mark correctly
The gears started then I had a sad smiley - oh dear!
so, I cannot connect to WDRT as it errors and I cannot hard reset - bricked?
I have tried the reset small hole next to the battery pack - no difference.
At one point I managed to get into the bios menu for the phone but have been unable to do so again.
Next stop, call to BLU I think, unless anybody has any good ideas.

boxofbadgers

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Exactly the same thing happened to me Kenny, except my reset didn't work, lets hope they fix WDRT! (Not that i can find a place to submit issues with WDRT...)

xxjanxx

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem,must have something to do with the different screen resolution. Annoying that you can't do anything anymore as you can't use the touch screen at all and the tool doesn't work. Has anyone notified BLU about this?

sotheron

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guy,

The same has happened to me, I have found a sort of work around but it's not perfect.

As you have discovered the touchscreen doesn't appear to be in sync. I also thought the fix would be to do a hard reset as this is what everybody is saying to do after an upgrade. The hard reset doesn't fix the problem and of course created another as the "next" buttons are at the bottom of the screen which means you can't press them. :(

It appears that the Windows Device Recovery doesn't have any images for the European model, the X130E. It says the software is on the server but it doesn't download. However the US version X130Q does work and you can install this on your X130E. Elsewhere I read that the radio is different but I can make and receive calls, the wireless works and applications etc update. The camera doesn't work but I haven't yet discovered what else doesn't.

This at least gets your phone up and running again. I think the long term solution is to contact Microsoft \ Blu to get the image loaded for X130E, (windows 8.1) and report the bugs of the Windows 10 upgrade. I will try and do this tonight.

Once you have installed the X130Q image turn off the insider program. I need to work out what the phone thinks it is after installing this image. The insider program may upgrade you to the X130Q version of Windows 10 instead of the X130E as this is what your phone may report to be after the restore.

Hope this helps.

sotheron

May 9, 2016
Visit site
EDIT:- Sorry if a double post happens, my first post said it's waiting for approval yet my second post actually posted :straight:

This is for UK \ European model.

Briefly what I said in the first post.

I had the same issue with the Windows 10 upgrade not working due to the touch screen being out of sync. Reading around forums everybody suggested a hard reset, this didn't fix the touchscreen being out of alignment and has caused further issues and without being able to hit "next" you are pretty much stuck at the setup screen.

I have found a workaround and it's a bit confusing.

If you load Windows Device Recovery Tool and select the "My phone is not listed" option you can select the US x130q version. The European x130e doesn't appear to have a download attached to it despite it saying there is one available.

Restoring the US x130q get's your phone up and running again at Windows 8.1. However the camera doesn't work and the resolution is bigger which does tie in with the specs of the US model. However I can make and receive calls and use gprs data which is the main thing. Not sure if 4G works as I don't have that. I'm using Virgin \ EE network.

Oddly enough though once installed my phone suggests it is running the firmware listed under the UK model? (see attached image)

If you look at the attached image, despite downloading and installing the x130q version the phone is showing that the x130e version is installed.

So I really don't know what is going on here but if you have a European Model, x130e and are basically stuck then this is a temp workaround.

phonefirm.png

Last edited:

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi
on seeing this i cheked some update is downloading hope it is win 10 need to wait and see my network seems to be slow today

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey haree do you have blu win JR lte 130 e and are you on insider preview ?

hi i tried the insider preview long time back did not get any thing today some update come phone got stuck at 5 % i rest the phone and tried again now it is showing as phone uptodate may be ill try the windows insider again and see and keep u posted here

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
hi
got the win 10 update yesterday dont see any problem as of now .I dont know if this is the regular update or if this is the update that came because of my registration on Insider .IT take a long time to install so if u get it u need to be patient and be prepared not to have ur phone for communication for around an hr

Update : every thing seems to be working fine for me as of now dont see any problem as of now on win 10

one question : How can i find out that the update i got is regular or the insider update i dont seem to have a clue on what win10 update i got as of now

Last edited:

haree

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey Haree are you sure that you have no problems in windows 10 and if yes tell me how to upgrade...

hi
i have checked what i got is the insider i can see the same info in the new update which is avb now every thing seems to be working fine for me no problem as of now touch is working fine im able to make calls and send SMS all seems to be fine as of now
One question how to get back to 8.1 if needed
to get this u need to download the insider app from the store and accept the terns and u will get it

NOTE : dont do this update i got the 2nd update and it screwed my phone then i used WDRT and revived my phone now im non win 8 not taking any more chances and FYI on WDRT u have to chose the Q and not E to flash back to 8 it works no problem now my phone is revived and working fine on win8

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3