BLU Win JR LTE resolution scaling issue after Anniversary Update.

kenny081

May 9, 2016
Visit site
The x130e firmware doesn't appear to help.

I've just reset my phone back to 8.1 using WDRT and the proper firmware version (x130E).
Check for updates, none available.
signed up to windows insider slow ring
restart phone
check for updates, win 10 10568.107 available
installs fine.
BUT. from here the next check for updates gets the anniversary update.
Once I installed that, the scaling issue was back again.
Which means reflashing from the x130e firmware has made no difference for me.

From what I can tell, until an update is released that fixes this, if you upgrade to w10, it's only a matter of time before the phone will update to the broken anniversary build. I notice you can set the restart time for an update to be about a week in the future, but does anyone know how many times you can postpone an update?

Chandramouli13

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by kenny081
The x130e firmware doesn't appear to help.

I've just reset my phone back to 8.1 using WDRT and the proper firmware version (x130E).
Check for updates, none available.
signed up to windows insider slow ring
restart phone
check for updates, win 10 10568.107 available
installs fine.
BUT. from here the next check for updates gets the anniversary update.
Once I installed that, the scaling issue was back again.
Which means reflashing from the x130e firmware has made no difference for me.

From what I can tell, until an update is released that fixes this, if you upgrade to w10, it's only a matter of time before the phone will update to the broken anniversary build. I notice you can set the restart time for an update to be about a week in the future, but does anyone know how many times you can postpone an update?
I switched off my mobile while downloading the update at 36%. Then i switched on and check the update. It stopped! Till now it didn't start to download again..! I'm now on build 10586.545. Also using WiFi all the time.! It didn't start to download the update...

Shiveon7

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I switched off my mobile while downloading the update at 36%. Then i switched on and check the update. It stopped! Till now it didn't start to download again..! I'm now on build 10586.545. Also using WiFi all the time.! It didn't start to download the update...

Really!!! Its good I'll also try that means MS has taken off the AU from its production servers???

Chandramouli13

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Shiveon7
Originally Posted by Chandramouli13

Really!!! Its good I'll also try that means MS has taken off the AU from its production servers???
Yeah! I don't know exactly! Maybe they started to fix !!!

Shiveon7

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
The x130e firmware doesn't appear to help. I've just reset my phone back to 8.1 using WDRT and the proper firmware version (x130E). Check for updates, none available. signed up to windows insider slow ring restart phone check for updates, win 10 10568.107 available installs fine. BUT. from here the next check for updates gets the anniversary update. Once I installed that, the scaling issue was back again. Which means reflashing from the x130e firmware has made no difference for me. From what I can tell, until an update is released that fixes this, if you upgrade to w10, it's only a matter of time before the phone will update to the broken anniversary build. I notice you can set the restart time for an update to be about a week in the future, but does anyone know how many times you can postpone an update?

Hey can u please tell us after reflashing with nlx130e what was yr firware revision is it 15009 or 150023

Chandramouli13

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

prasanth1947

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey can u please tell us after reflashing with nlx130e what was yr firware revision is it 15009 or 150023

I have reverted to 8.1 using WDRT already and tried to update ( Installed Upgrade adviser to get the update since e-mails were not working on 8.1 so I needed to upgrade).got installed two updates now.

Now I am in the firmware version : 15023 and OS build : 10586.545

Chandramouli13

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Shiveon7
Originally Posted by Chandramouli13
My device is now showing Up to date. The AU gone now! Now on 10586.545...!!

Did you use WDRT or the AU just vanished
No, I'm not used Wdrt. Actually i switched off while the update was downloading 3 days before. Then i switched on and just check the update, it stopped and showed the update is available. But i didn't touch the download option. Then today I simply touched the download option. It starts to download. Then again switched off and switch on. Then checked the update. It was showing 'Retry'. So i touched the retry. And it checked and showed your phone up-to-date... So MS took off the update from this device.

Shiveon7

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
No, I'm not used Wdrt. Actually i switched off while the update was downloading 3 days before. Then i switched on and just check the update, it stopped and showed the update is available. But i didn't touch the download option. Then today I simply touched the download option. It starts to download. Then again switched off and switch on. Then checked the update. It was showing 'Retry'. So i touched the retry. And it checked and showed your phone up-to-date... So MS took off the update from this device.

Okay Maybe MS took off the update or switching off and on in middle of update could brick ur phone update configuration. I encountered this issue on PC. But hope for best Thanks for sharing

kenny081

May 9, 2016
Visit site
Happy to report the same as Prasanth and chandramouli.
Ran upgrade advisor against 8.1(firmware 15023), installed 10586.218.
Checked for updates and got 10586.545.
Checked for updates again and I'm up to date with no sign of AU.
So now i have a working w10 phone again.

Shiveon7

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Update- just checked the update after switching it off and on. And there it is UP TO DATE . Firmware revision 15009 . Without going back to 8.1 with WDRT and sticking with a Mini microwave device . It was a hell of week seeing that AU update. Thanks fellas now hope MS and BLU will bring a Redstone without any bugs to Jr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb